Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree Staubach. Show some flexibilty. You can even use Hatcher at RE inplace of Canty since he shows more explosive pass rush ability. I just want to see some serious pressure and confusion on the other side.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
    Albert Camus

Comment

Originally posted by fryman
      Originally posted by Poet3334
      I don't think it was a question of Austin being shown up. I think it was more Bill playing Rector giving him more opportunites to prove his abilities. By and large Rector performed well. Hurd was a find, completely unexpected. He even began to show on special teams which Parcells deemed necessary for him to remain on the roster. I believe Austin has ability. If he didn't, he would have been gone, and we would have ourselves an additional roster spot. I think he just needs an opportunity. Maybe this is it.
      Hurd wasn't really unexpected. There are plenty of people that saw this type of play coming. When Austin and Hurd were both signed everybody was only talking about Austin though. At that same time I posted something about Hurd and to watch out for him, and only got one response. For some reason people on this board just knew more about Austin.
      I believe it was the fact that Austin attended Monmouth in New Jersey. Parcells loves those gritty small school sleeper types. Couple that with the fact that he has good size and speedl. Many people try to target their own "sleeper guy". Austin was that one.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
      Albert Camus

Comment

we've been getting away from giving julius a chance to control the pace of our ball games. I really hope against arizona, we try and get him at least 25 carries and get barber somwhere around 10. I think if we are in the position to give 35 or more carries to jones and barber, we should be able to win the game. I think T.O. should be able to man handle rolle, who doesnt have the speed to keep up with him and we should be able to find mismatches with witten. The only real thing that scares me in this game is that Matt Leinart has looked good when he has both Boldin and Fitz, which he will have for this game. I just hope Henry plays physical enough to disrupt routes and newman doesnt get overpowered by either one of the bigger recievers, which i dont think he will but he is well over due to give up a touch down In regards to what Big Blue said, this really is a game where we need to have 5 or more sacks. We have weapons in Ware and Ellis and if we cant find a way to get atleast 3 sacks between them as well as a few from the line, than i think we have a bigger problem than we thought. REMEMBER, Ware will be matched up on Leinarts good side, since matt is a Lefty so look for Ellis to try and have a feild day attacking from the blind side of this poor O-line.

I usually dont like to make predictions, but i do see us winning this one by more than a little bit. I would view it as a trap game if we had beat Washington but now we have our backs against the wall and the team knows we cant afford to lose more than a game or two the rest of the way out. Im looking for a big win here and hopefully some momentum we can carry over to Indy and show everyone that we are better than we have played so far.

Comment

Say hello to Pat Watkins being back in our FS mix with Keith Davis. We cut Coleman after he got arrested for a DUI the other night..... what a bum, bill gave him another chance and he does that ****...

Comment

Originally posted by Burns336
            Say hello to Pat Watkins being back in our FS mix with Keith Davis. We cut Coleman after he got arrested for a DUI the other night..... what a bum, bill gave him another chance and he does that ***********...
            Him being released now is the best thing for us right now. He was average at best and obviously doesn't care enough about football to not go out and get drunk a couple days before a game.

I hope Watkins worked on judging and breaking up passes while he was benched.

Desings by D-Unit

Comment

I really do not want to see a lot of Watkins these next two games. Two pass heavy teams that could both throw it deep to a plethera of weapons. Doesnt seem like a favorable match up for him, given how his season has turned out.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
              KO KNOWS

Comment

I see what you mean, but Keith Davis is not exactly Champ Bailey out there ethier. If Watkins can go out there against the Cards with a rookie QB, I would like to see what he can do.

But Jesus imagine him against the Colts. Peyton will have a field day.

Comment

We'll just have to take our chances. Maybe he's learned to pick up the ball better in practice.

Albert Camus

Comment

Here's the story on Marcus Coleman. What an idiot!

http://www.cowboysplus.com/topstoryn....2a4175fa.html

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news.cf...BC61EA85897936

Comment

He's got a serious problem. I hope he takes care of it.

Albert Camus

Comment

yeah i dont know about this colts game coming up. I would love for us to be the ones who ended their run, but the more and more i think about it i just dont see how we can win with our safety issues. If we we a team who could generate a ton of pressure than i wouldnt be as worried but with Peytons line playing how it is and our pass rush being in the middle of the pack as far as the league goes i dont know what we can do. Maybe put Reeves at FS to primarily play the pass? I mean, Pat and Keith are good in run support but i dont think that will be a problem against the colts. I know reeves is unfamiliar with the position but just to have someone back their for double teams on Wayne would be a huge help if we could make it work. We know its going to be a pass heavy day against our secondary with Glenn, Newman, and Henry covering recievers on a majority of the plays, so we may as well try something.

However, if they go into a 4 reciever set, which is highly likely, we are going to need to place either Watkins or davis back there and bring Reeves up to play a reciever (if we even opt to do something along the lines of my idea) and that makes me scared. Davis hasnt given anything up since he came in but he hasnt had any real threats. No santana moss and T-New pretty much has Steve smiths number, so its hard to judge if hes made any progess in passing situations.

At least we should be able to run all over the colts and that should open up alot of play action...

At this point im stuck at coming up with new ideas, but i would love to hear any crazy ideas that others have on how we could handle this game.

Comment

yeah i dont know about this colts game coming up. I would love for us to be the ones who ended their run, but the more and more i think about it i just dont see how we can win with our safety issues. If we we a team who could generate a ton of pressure than i wouldnt be as worried but with Peytons line playing how it is and our pass rush being in the middle of the pack as far as the league goes i dont know what we can do. Maybe put Reeves at FS to primarily play the pass? I mean, Pat and Keith are good in run support but i dont think that will be a problem against the colts. I know reeves is unfamiliar with the position but just to have someone back their for double teams on Wayne would be a huge help if we could make it work. We know its going to be a pass heavy day against our secondary with Glenn, Newman, and Henry covering recievers on a majority of the plays, so we may as well try something.

However, if they go into a 4 reciever set, which is highly likely, we are going to need to place either Watkins or davis back there and bring Reeves up to play a reciever (if we even opt to do something along the lines of my idea) and that makes me scared. Davis hasnt given anything up since he came in but he hasnt had any real threats. No santana moss and T-New pretty much has Steve smiths number, so its hard to judge if hes made any progess in passing situations.

At least we should be able to run all over the colts and that should open up alot of play action...

At this point im stuck at coming up with new ideas, but i would love to hear any crazy ideas that others have on how we could handle this game.
                          Keep in mind that in the past, the Colts offensive line has had some problems with 3-4 teams. I think if we try and do some of the same things that the Steelers did in the playoffs last year, we have a chance.

BoneKrusher

Comment

Originally posted by Staubach12

Keep in mind that in the past, the Colts offensive line has had some problems with 3-4 teams. I think if we try and do some of the same things that the Steelers did in the playoffs last year, we have a chance.
                            I hope so, because Zimmer isn't exactly a Blitzing genius.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoss
                              Originally posted by Staubach12

I hope so, because Zimmer isn't exactly a Blitzing genius.
                              The thing to remember is that nobody is going to shut down the Colts' offense. Our offense is good enough to score on them nearly every posession. We only need to beat their defense one more time than they beat ours.

Desings by D-Unit

Comment

About drafting a NT, I wouldn't spend too high of a pick because if Parcells leaves after this year I'm not so sure we keep the 3-4.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information