This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    Texas boy. Former Saint, former Bronco. I was one of the guys that thought he was going to be great for the Saints but, he was just so-so for most of his career. Work ethic/concentration have been questioned, that was a problem way back when in college as well. I heard he came in very heavy this camp so, that's always a concern...but, anyway...we're getting a pretty solid player in return for a 5th. Def. adds depth and can fill in on any given sunday. Not a bad pick up at all. This may mean someone is on the outs.

Just a really off-topic note...I always used to put Holland on my madden teams whenever I was trying to start off from scratch. haha. I like em'.
    Ha ha, that last line was funny MOTH. I did like Holland back when he was a FA. I have to admit that I haven't followed him throughout his career, and I don't know what type of shape he is in now, but I'm excited to see him here. I won't hate on him until I see it not working out. I know one thing... I like him A LOT more than Kosier.

Comment

• Well I cant see the game but, it looks like Sammy is the #1 and Felix is starting.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Real nice 35yd gain by Hurd on a end around. Along with two other catches in the first series. Looks like they really want to put the ball in his hands.

Comment

• Did Hurd get hurt?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Great, looks like Hurd was hurt on that play also. His ankle got caught under during the tackle.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
              Great, looks like Hurd was hurt on that play also. His ankle got caught under during the tackle.
              I know, we need all our starting WR's to get out, can't afford to lose anyone else.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Tashard Choice sure does know how to run with the football, hope he gets a nice workload this game because I don't know how much he's going to get worked into the regular gameplan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                  Real nice 35yd gain by Hurd on a end around. Along with two other catches in the first series. Looks like they really want to put the ball in his hands.
                  Yeah but he got caught from behind by a LB it seems.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    Ha ha, that last line was funny MOTH. I did like Holland back when he was a FA. I have to admit that I haven't followed him throughout his career, and I don't know what type of shape he is in now, but I'm excited to see him here. I won't hate on him until I see it not working out. I know one thing... I like him A LOT more than Kosier.
                    Holland over Kosier?

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      Tashard Choice sure does know how to run with the football, hope he gets a nice workload this game because I don't know how much he's going to get worked into the regular gameplan.
                      Choice was a good choice.

Comment

• Hurd has a sprained ankle...you never know w/ those, could be day to day could be a couple of weeks. Who was the genius who decided he should be in there today? Geez, you're down to three WRs as it is. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Also, Johnstonolb/Rob...who cares if he was caught by a LB? He had a 35 yard run. That was just another meaningless shot by Mcmahon per the DMN blog...they have been riding the Austin train all camp. If Miles had a 35 yard run, there would be multiple posts about it. Puhhhhhlease.
                        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 08-28-2008, 09:05 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• I just hope its not a high ankle sprain, talk about being thin at a position, we have just got to make it through the first month or so of the season to get guys back healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            I just hope its not a high ankle sprain, talk about being thin at a position, we have just got to make it through the first month or so of the season to get guys back healthy.
                            Unfortunately it is a high ankle sprain.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...C4A63534E79DD2

Comment

• **** the high ankle sprain. He could be out 4-6, probably at least 3... not cool.

Martellus Bennett is probably going to get alot of action. I think I'd rather have him in there then little ***** danny or mike jefferson although we will have to use some 3 wr sets. This hurts.

Bob Carpenter is a puss. Did anyone see how scared he was to tackle a freakin WR? This guy is no linebacker.

Comment

• So were looking at being without Hurd, Austin, and Stanback, all 3 guys probably for the first 3 games of the season...With how we like to use 3 and 4 wides, I don't know what were going to do...Fully agree about Bennett, he will be getting alot more targets probably, and again he had another solid showing, he is catching everything thrown his way now...I don't know what we want to do for our #3 and #4 WR's early on, exactly the same as the CB position last year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information