This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post

Bob Carpenter is a puss. Did anyone see how scared he was to tackle a freakin WR? This guy is no linebacker.
    Barbie? Yeah I loled at that on Hard Knocks

Also **** you to who decided to play Hurd

Comment

• I'm so mad right now. Moronic move to start him or even play him for that matter. He got hurt for no reason at all. W/ those three out we are pretty f'ed especially on special teams, considering Miles plays both ways, Stanback was going to return kicks, and Hurd is perhaps our best player on ST. So stupid, I cant believe this.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Give Glenn a call?

Anyone else notice Doug Free consistently getting abused by Brian Robison all night? Robison is my boy and I wanted him as a Cowboy, but he gave Free fits, he's not ready to be a LT starter in this league, he couldn't even get his hands on Robison half the time before he was on Bartel's shoulder.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I guess we'll se a lot of Witten or Bennett in the slot. Any news on Stanback? Does he require surgery? When he's coming back?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Any chance yall could call Eric Parker him being dropped from the chargers, not a bad move have an experienced WR filling in.

Comment

• Again about Holland from the DMN blog:

"Holland reported to training camp at 334 pounds -- nine pounds above his assigned target weight -- and spent two weeks working on conditioning before the Broncos allowed him to practice. He never regained his starting job in Denver, which emphasizes quickness over bulk in its zone-blocking scheme."

Wade said: "We worked against him in Denver. We were impressed with the guy. He's more out type than their type. They are a sideways, finesse team. He's more of a pwoer guy. I guess tht's why they wanted to trade him. We think he's a good player. He started for them every game lastyear. Once you lose Kosier, you look around and see what's available. He's a veteran player. I think he can get ready quickly. What we'll do depends on hoq quickly he can get ready and what our other guys look like."

And this is Jerry about the possibility of him starting against Cleveland:
              "He's really got some catching up to do in our system. That's why Hudson Houck's the highest paid offensive line coach in the country."

Considering that Kosier is a JAG, I think that Holland could replace him succesfully (assuming that he's in good shape).

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• The more I hear about the guy the more I like the trade...Ideally yes you would love for one of the guys behind Kosier to step up and fill in without a problem, but if this guy is an upgrade over everything we had and it cost a 5th two drafts from now go for it...He might be a nice stop gap player for a few years until we find an eventual replacement, but I figured his size was appealing to us, as well as him not fitting in Denver's scheme...Seems like a good deal all the way around, he's from Texas too.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                  Again about Holland from the DMN blog:

"Holland reported to training camp at 334 pounds -- nine pounds above his assigned target weight -- and spent two weeks working on conditioning before the Broncos allowed him to practice. He never regained his starting job in Denver, which emphasizes quickness over bulk in its zone-blocking scheme."

Wade said: "We worked against him in Denver. We were impressed with the guy. He's more out type than their type. They are a sideways, finesse team. He's more of a pwoer guy. I guess tht's why they wanted to trade him. We think he's a good player. He started for them every game lastyear. Once you lose Kosier, you look around and see what's available. He's a veteran player. I think he can get ready quickly. What we'll do depends on hoq quickly he can get ready and what our other guys look like."

And this is Jerry about the possibility of him starting against Cleveland:
                  "He's really got some catching up to do in our system. That's why Hudson Houck's the highest paid offensive line coach in the country."

Considering that Kosier is a JAG, I think that Holland could replace him succesfully (assuming that he's in good shape).
                  Dude is gonna thrive in our system. He's got the girth that's a perfect fit for our mauling style. I feel he's going to be another Leonard Davis for us. A misfit in his old system, who's stock dips and then thrives in our system and sees his stock go up. We've got some serious beef on our interior OL now and I think Marion, Felix and Tashard are very very happy. I don't think we should cross OG off our draft boards, but I do think this will buy us some time to draft and develop someone. Love love love this signing.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    Give Glenn a call?

Anyone else notice Doug Free consistently getting abused by Brian Robison all night? Robison is my boy and I wanted him as a Cowboy, but he gave Free fits, he's not ready to be a LT starter in this league, he couldn't even get his hands on Robison half the time before he was on Bartel's shoulder.
                    Yeah, Robison even played well last year. Got injured I think.

Yeah, time to call Terry is seems, IMHO.

Comment

• Well do we still say no to Joe Horn at this point? I personally feel we can do without him. I see Witten playing the slot a lot and Bennett getting a lot of playing time. Amanendola gets a roster spot for now.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                        Hurd has a sprained ankle...you never know w/ those, could be day to day could be a couple of weeks. Who was the genius who decided he should be in there today? Geez, you're down to three WRs as it is. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Also, Johnstonolb/Rob...who cares if he was caught by a LB? He had a 35 yard run. That was just another meaningless shot by Mcmahon per the DMN blog...they have been riding the Austin train all camp. If Miles had a 35 yard run, there would be multiple posts about it. Puhhhhhlease.
                        I am not big fan of any writer at DMN other than Archer but facts are facts and coaches have said as much that Hurd is a fantastic player and does everything asked of him but Austin is explosive.

Regardless, both players are important to success and I don't see how one is more important than the other for the team. 3/4 WR play an important role nowadays. The WR injuries are hurting us for the first few games.

And Carp, never was for the pick but he ain't that bad and he is not an ILB. He is out of position. I think he is a 4-3 OLB and we reached a bit thinking he could be a SOLB at 6'2 240 coming out as a 22 year old Senior. But he is fine -- no all pro but fine.

Comment

• http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...prise-cut.html

Interesting to read FWIW.

Comment

• Anyone know if Felix Jones has been working out of the slot in any packages during training camp? With Hurd now down with the bum ankle, we need every piece of talent we have out there on that field, and Felix Jones has to be in there. I hope Bennett opens his eyes and sees this opportunity and takes full advantage of it. He's gonna get a shot to shine.

As for Glenn or Horn, i guess now they wouldn't be horrible options to go to.

Comment

• Glenn I could see. Horn... Still.. a DEFINITE NO.

Comment

• Our receivers fell like flies in this preseason. Now I have a bad feeling that TO won't be healthy all season. Knock on wood.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information