Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With Glenn it's probably still an issue over money, but like I suspected no one else picked him up, so he should be willing to take a pay cut at this point...TO I feel like is in the best shape of his career, I'm really not worried about him, but injuries can hit anyone and its too tough to tell.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      With Glenn it's probably still an issue over money, but like I suspected no one else picked him up, so he should be willing to take a pay cut at this point...TO I feel like is in the best shape of his career, I'm really not worried about him, but injuries can hit anyone and its too tough to tell.
      Yeah, Sam Hurd, Miles Austin and Isaiah Stanback were in the best shape of their lives too.

Comment

• Well I don't think either of those guys are Hall of famers either, that didn't make Jerry Rice injury prone because the young WR's around him were falling down...TO still keeps his body in tip top shape even if the other guys don't, the good news is none of the injuries are long term from the looks of things.

Comment

Well I don't think either of those guys are Hall of famers either, that didn't make Jerry Rice injury prone because the young WR's around him were falling down...TO still keeps his body in tip top shape even if the other guys don't, the good news is none of the injuries are long term from the looks of things.
          Well I don't think being a Hall of Famer excludes you from getting injured if that's what you're saying. But yeah, I'm glad none of the injuries are long term. So how long are they all out for anyways? Anyone wanna recap?

Hurd out ___ weeks.
          Austin out ___ weeks.
          Stanback out ___ weeks.

At least we still have Crayton.

Comment

• JJ said in an interview after the game that he's not going to look outside. And when asked about Glenn, he said he doesn't think Glenn is ready.

Comment

• Per rotoworld:

Asked who would fill in at third receiver while Miles Austin and Sam Hurd are out, Cowboys coach Wade Phillips named Jason Witten as the top option.
              Naturally; Witten will be Dallas' No. 2 receiver this year. Phillips says Witten will man the slot between Terrell Owens and Patrick Crayton. In Week 1 Dallas faces the Browns, whose slot corner is Terry Cousin. Witten has eight inches and 80 pounds on the 33-year-old, and is probably faster.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Holy crap. Witten's going to tear this guy up...

BoneKrusher

Comment

Well I don't think either of those guys are Hall of famers either, that didn't make Jerry Rice injury prone because the young WR's around him were falling down...TO still keeps his body in tip top shape even if the other guys don't, the good news is none of the injuries are long term from the looks of things.
                  Well, TO has not finished a 16 game season since 2003 and he is 4 years older, so I am certainly concerned.

Hurd and Austin get back but Stanback looks iffy. Time to call Terry Glenn IMHO.

Comment

• Hey, any ideas where will Spears be playing on the line? Tank or Ratliff starting?
                    Last edited by johnstonolb; 08-29-2008, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• Larry Allen to sign?

Giving you guys heads up, reporting that Larry Allen is about to sign with us, not sure if its to sign and retire, or play one more year.

ALLEN TO COWBOYS?: I just got an e-mail to from a league source saying that former 49ers guard Larry Allen is about to sign in Dallas. Interesting.

Another NFL source said he might be signing just to retire as a Cowboy.
                      http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/...ndex?blogid=45

Comment

• Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
                        Well, TO has not finished a 16 game season since 2003 and he is 4 years older, so I am certainly concerned.

Hurd and Austin get back but Stanback looks iffy. Time to call Terry Glenn IMHO.

I don't think we should be 'concerned' just because he's older, he's still in better shape then guys that are 25 years old and in the prime of their career...Fitzgerald could get hurt this year too, but it's not like guys are concerned right now, point is we shouldn't have any added concern just because he is old, I don't think his injury risk increases any because a few guys around him got hurt.

Not finishing 16 games is one thing, but look at how healthy he has been since he has been here...If you want to consider the last game of each season injury prone thats one thing, but I think we are 2 years away from being 'concerned' about these types of issues with TO.

Comment

Giving you guys heads up, reporting that Larry Allen is about to sign with us, not sure if its to sign and retire, or play one more year.

Hopefully it's just to retire. I love Larry Allen, but this isn't the Allen of old.

Comment

I wonder if he has anything left in the tank? Chemistry would already be there playing between Flo and Gurode. Parcells is gone now.... Could things be back to normal?

Comment

• Regarding resigning Terry Glenn, I missed part of the discussion, but on the local Countdown to Kickoff broadcast, I heard the announcers saying that someone in the Cowboys organization said that not only were they not satisfied that Glenn's bad knee was strong enough to play, but that they were also worried about his "good" knee. As I said, I missed part of the discussion, so take it for what it's worth.

Comment

• Allen should still be a devastating run blocker, if he wanted to give it a go for one more year that be interesting, but then it would be somewhat of a log jam on the offensive line especially when Kosier comes back.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information