Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yea it does seem like Stanback will play, how effective? Ehhh, thing about those shoulders is they are so easy to pop back out...I dislocated my shoulder as a freshman in HS and it popped right back in, but it was never right since because I never got the surgery...If he runs a reverse and lands hard on it, chances are thats it for him, even with a harness thats a pretty big risk.

Your right gameplan will have to change some, Crayton does look much improved although it wasn't talked about much on the dmn blogs, he looked alot sharper out there, caught every ball thrown in his direction...All this makes the game more exciting, we haven't seen many packages yet with Barber and Felix in the same backfield, and I'm curious if Bennett is ready for the regular season, if he steps up that would show me alot about his character.

Thing is Cleveland still doesn't have anyone who can cover TO at all, hell or Crayton for that matter, they already had quite a few injuries in the secondary and were terrible with Bodden, now that he's gone they have their own problems...One way or another we should score 30+ points however we have to do it, if our defense can't hold them to less then that then it's going to be another season where the defense is the achilles heel.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      We just signed Keith Davis...so long Alan Ball. Great re-pick up.
      Yea, crazy he was cut, as bad as our ST has been, it was pretty evident he was coming back, I think for such a small signing this is huge for our team.

Comment

• Pats released Chad Jackson...another option if you want a WR.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• i'm still worried that cleveland is going to bullrush the LG and cause trouble all game long.

Comment

• WR Help

The Skin's dropped Billy McMullin who had a fairly good preseason for them. He is another WR option.

Comment

Pats released Chad Jackson...another option if you want a WR.
              Wow. I want him.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                Wow. I want him.
                Eheh you were in love with him before that draft. I remember you posting a video of some sort of "best hands" competition in which he made an amazing one handed catch.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Pats released Chad Jackson...another option if you want a WR.
                  I ran in here to post this and you beat me to it. This would be a very interesting pick up in my eyes. Wouldn't take much to give him a shot.

Comment

• Erik Walden got picked up by the Chiefs...

Comment

• It surprises me that the Pats couldn't find a spot for Chad Jackson? They basically run a spread offense, or they did last year and they kept something like 8 wr's after roster cuts... I'm not sure if chad was 8 and they released him to get down to 7 or what but still, how could he not make that team?

Welker is banged up right now and I thought Jackson was supposed to have a bigger role?

Maybe he is just an idiot who can't catch onto the play book. I feel like New England is probably one of the best at finding the gems (i.e. welker) and not releasing them.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to add him, but I'm sure there is probably a team for desperate than us. To me it sounds like he is still a project.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                        It surprises me that the Pats couldn't find a spot for Chad Jackson? They basically run a spread offense, or they did last year and they kept something like 8 wr's after roster cuts... I'm not sure if chad was 8 and they released him to get down to 7 or what but still, how could he not make that team?

Welker is banged up right now and I thought Jackson was supposed to have a bigger role?

Maybe he is just an idiot who can't catch onto the play book. I feel like New England is probably one of the best at finding the gems (i.e. welker) and not releasing them.

I guess it wouldn't hurt to add him, but I'm sure there is probably a team for desperate than us. To me it sounds like he is still a project.
                        Well, if all signs point to him still being a project I don't see much reason to bring him in... We already have our 3 young guys as it is. Admitted I'm a little skeptical about basically having 2 healthy WRs for week one, but it doesn't seem like bringing in an old vet like Horn or TG would help much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                          Eheh you were in love with him before that draft. I remember you posting a video of some sort of "best hands" competition in which he made an amazing one handed catch.
                          Yeah, I always liked him as a WR prospect.

Comment

• Sucks and kind of surprising that Walden was claimed.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Amendola and Jefferson are on the PS...so, there is a chance that one could be activated before week 1...very strange way to do it but, it may happen. They'd have to stay on the roster, though.

Those are the only names that are out right now...6 more guys to be named later.
                              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-01-2008, 01:00 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Looks like these are the rest

Danny Amendola. One of the last cuts, could play at Cleveland.
                                Mike Jefferson. Started the last pre-season game, also could move up to active roster.
                                Marcus Dixon. Hurt all pre-season, team sees potential.

Rodney Hannah. Four tight ends. Yeah, Hannah is mainly special teams.
                                Julius Crosslin. Showed an ability to block like a fullback.
                                Alonzo Coleman. Improved from last season.
                                Tearrius George. Last pre-season game helped his cause.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information