X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ^ That's what i was wondering..

Comment

• Take a look at this video...it's hilarious!!!

http://www.dallasnews.com/video/dall...ml?nvid=261072

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Cool. How'd you get those stats?
        I bought KC Joyner's "Football Scientist 2008" and Football Outsiders "Football Prospectus 2008"

Interesting stuff to read and look at in down time and helps a bit with fantasy drafts too.

let me know if you guys are curious about anything... It's got a ton of ****.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
          I bought KC Joyner's "Football Scientist 2008" and Football Outsiders "Football Prospectus 2008"

Interesting stuff to read and look at in down time and helps a bit with fantasy drafts too.

let me know if you guys are curious about anything... It's got a ton of ****.
          It does have lots of stuff but it also badmouths Roy Williams a little too much amd undervalues Ellis, but they are starting to compile "Sabre Metric" type data on players which overall is cool.

On your post, K2 won't have a great game I predict. I think he struggles getting into space with man which I think we will play lots of if we can stop Jamaal on first down.

I will admit, however, to being in awe of Braylon Edwards. To me, he was just as explosive as Moss last year. Saw a few games and frankly he was catching some crazy passes and was the go-to guy for Anderson.

Comment

• Tashard Choice is giving up #29 to Keith Davis. Hopefully KD buys him something nice for doing that. It shows that Choice is a classy guy.

Speaking of Choice, what did everyone think of him in preseason? I thought he showed some signs of positive play. I would've liked to see him behind the first team OL more to see what he really could do. I think he'll see a carry or two from time to time.

Comment

• Well the Ravens picked Oglesby back up, not surprising, they weren't trying to let him go the first time around.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                Tashard Choice is giving up #29 to Keith Davis. Hopefully KD buys him something nice for doing that. It shows that Choice is a classy guy.

Speaking of Choice, what did everyone think of him in preseason? I thought he showed some signs of positive play. I would've liked to see him behind the first team OL more to see what he really could do. I think he'll see a carry or two from time to time.
                I liked what I saw out of him. He obviously runs hard, he hustles and that punt block he had against Denver in the 2nd half, shows that no matter the situation he is out there competing, I love that. I would obviously be worried if either Barber or Felix gets hurt, but having Choice back there would does soften that blow a bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
                  It does have lots of stuff but it also badmouths Roy Williams a little too much amd undervalues Ellis, but they are starting to compile "Sabre Metric" type data on players which overall is cool.

On your post, K2 won't have a great game I predict. I think he struggles getting into space with man which I think we will play lots of if we can stop Jamaal on first down.

I will admit, however, to being in awe of Braylon Edwards. To me, he was just as explosive as Moss last year. Saw a few games and frankly he was catching some crazy passes and was the go-to guy for Anderson.
                  Both point out that Roy Williams had one of the lowest success percentages in the league meaning he had a lot of balls completed on him for a substantial gain or first down.

I dont remember what prospectus said about Ellis -- Ill have to re-read it-- but I know KC Joyner pointed out that Ware and Ellis combined for more 1 on 1 sacks, which are the hardest to get (not garbage, coverage, or unblocked) than most teams in the league had. I was surprised at this, I never really thought Ellis was that good.

I see him as slow and I feel like he benefits from playing opposite of Ware. Either way apparently he is a good pass rusher, but just doesn't play the run very well. He's serviceable, but nothing special.

Comment

• Well times like this when Spencer goes down for a few weeks, makes me happy at the depth we have...We could of tossed Ellis to the side or traded him but now it gives us flexibility, hopefully we don't miss a beat, but I know we can't or won't run some of those pass rushing packages with all our OLB's on the field.

I'm so ready for the game its not even funny, seems like weve been discussing and arguing about different topics all off-season, now its finally time for a real game...At least we get to see how two division teams look tonight.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                      Both point out that Roy Williams had one of the lowest success percentages in the league meaning he had a lot of balls completed on him for a substantial gain or first down.

I dont remember what prospectus said about Ellis -- Ill have to re-read it-- but I know KC Joyner pointed out that Ware and Ellis combined for more 1 on 1 sacks, which are the hardest to get (not garbage, coverage, or unblocked) than most teams in the league had. I was surprised at this, I never really thought Ellis was that good.

I see him as slow and I feel like he benefits from playing opposite of Ware. Either way apparently he is a good pass rusher, but just doesn't play the run very well. He's serviceable, but nothing special.
                      Well FWIW, I think Ellis is an excellent pash rusher and technique wise more refined than DeMarcus. On the run stuff, not sure I get that he is that bad -- his issue is with speedy backs he does not get to corner to contain as wellas a younger, more athletic OLB.

But in comparison to Ware who is the best all around OLB in the league by a wide margin IMHO everyone looks like crap.

On Roy they had him rated the 72nd best safety in football if I remember. That just makes no sense.

I got the GMen tonite in a rout. Think Campbell sucks and a new coach takes time with a turnaround team like the Skins.

Comment

• It should be interesting to see how Shaun Rogers adapts to his new role as a 3-4 NT. Im not exactly sure how their NT lines up straight over center... or between center and guard, but im sure either way they are going to run some type of stunt or blitz that gap to take advantage of Procter. Hopefully Garrett runs a heavy does of counter plays and screens to ease some of the pressure they are going to attempt to throw down the middle. Regardless TO and company should scortch the secondary so im not overly concerned.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                          LOl @ the blog post.
                          Who are they gonna put on Owens? On Witten? Can their LB's handle Bennett's athleticism? Felix might come out of the slot a few times also, so what then? I'm not too worried about this game. I don't think Braylon will be huge for them, but i am a little worried about K2.
                          dont underestimate the shear talent of eric wright. he is going to be one the best cbs in the nfl for a long time. and im assuming sean jones will cover witten with pool helping out the young cbs over the top. jones is one of the most underrated safeties in the nfl if you ask me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty Thirty View Post
                            dont underestimate the shear talent of eric wright. he is going to be one the best cbs in the nfl for a long time. and im assuming sean jones will cover witten with pool helping out the young cbs over the top. jones is one of the most underrated safeties in the nfl if you ask me.
                            Sean Jones is underrated, but Eric Wright still has a lot of polishing up to do before he can matchup well with Owens. You plan on leaving him 1 on 1 with TO? Good luck.

Comment

• Ask any Browns fan how close wright is to a top corner in the NFL...they will all laugh at you...he is still raw....#2 or 3 corner at best at this point in his career....playing 16 games last year should help his maturation process...but he's not close to top corner material yet

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                                Ask any Browns fan how close wright is to a top corner in the NFL...they will all laugh at you...he is still raw....#2 or 3 corner at best at this point in his career....playing 16 games last year should help his maturation process...but he's not close to top corner material yet
                                completely agree. hes not there yet and he isnt ready to guard TO 1 on 1 for a whole game but I still hold that i think down the road he has what it takes to be a top flight cornerback for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information