Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DMN says Newmans status is questionable... great.

    Who knows with wades injuries updates. I thought Newman was 100% already.

    Comment


    • I'm guessing Pac will start on the outside...and Newman will play nickel week 1

      Comment


      • This is concerning, if he's not back to 100% right now, then when will he be? All it takes is one fade route for him to open up and make the injury worse, I'm just crazy like that but with groins I'd rather sit guys out then risk it being worse and it being a problem all year.


        Which means we will probably see Henry on Braylon on first and 2nd downs as he usually mans up with the bigger WR, and Adam will probably take him on 3rd downs, should make for one interesting game.





        Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

        Comment


        • I'm just pissed with how ******** the injury reports are. Basically we really dont know when to expect miles, sam, or spencer back and really we should assume it will be later rather than sooner based on history with wade.

          Comment


          • OT: Just watched tonite's game and the Deadskins QB is horrible. Campbell, I hate to say, is not an astute QB. Throwing the ball way short on 4th downs? Just the whole way he plays -- even last two years. Bust IMHO.

            Also Zorn is lost too. His usage of time was horrible. His play calling was really conservative all game long -- even when losing late in the 4th.

            Played like preseason game. Redskins look like a 4-12 team at this time (not saying they will be but jeez they played horribly in all facets IMHO)

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
              I'm just pissed with how ******** the injury reports are. Basically we really dont know when to expect miles, sam, or spencer back and really we should assume it will be later rather than sooner based on history with wade.
              If we could get back Austin or Hurd by week 2 we should be fine. Spencer and TNew will be back too -- in fact I think they both play Sunday.

              Stanback will be fine as long as we are not trying to ride him to a victory and keep his passes on underneath routes where he does not have to extend too much.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
                If we could get back Austin or Hurd by week 2 we should be fine. Spencer and TNew will be back too -- in fact I think they both play Sunday.

                Stanback will be fine as long as we are not trying to ride him to a victory and keep his passes on underneath routes where he does not have to extend too much.
                I think I heard somewhere that Spencer is out this week, but should be back for the home opener against the Eagles.

                Comment


                • Eric Wright's been sucking it up in preseason, so we'll see how it goes.

                  Comment


                  • I got a bad feeling about this game. If I was a betting man I'd pick the Browns. I just have visions of Edwards and Winslow running free in our supposed improved secondary. I think our secondary will be improved from last year certainly but I want to see it in a real game before I'll really believe it. I'm not sure about Cleveland's D but I'm also not sure about our O with really only two healthy WRs. We'll need big games from MB3 and Witten for us to really have a chance I think. We also need Ware and Ellis to show out and pressure and hopefully sack Anderson to have a good chance to win.

                    Prediction time- my heart tells me Cowboys obviously but my brain tell me Browns, I'll say Browns 31 Cowboys 28. Since my predictions usually suck I probably just guaranteed us a win lol.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by RoyHall#1 View Post
                      Eric Wright's been sucking it up in preseason, so we'll see how it goes.
                      The only reason I'm not as worried as I normally would be is because you guys are banged up too. Brodney Pool is injured and now wont be playing for an already shakey secondary. Jamal Lewis is iffy with his hammy, although he should be fine, I think your down to the 3rd string RG if I'm not mistaken, Jerivicious is out, Antwan Peek is now gone for the season although Im not sure if he mattered or not, and isn't Cribbs a game time decision?

                      So it seems like an even match up of dinged up teams at this point.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by dpl85 View Post
                        I got a bad feeling about this game. If I was a betting man I'd pick the Browns. I just have visions of Edwards and Winslow running free in our supposed improved secondary. I think our secondary will be improved from last year certainly but I want to see it in a real game before I'll really believe it. I'm not sure about Cleveland's D but I'm also not sure about our O with really only two healthy WRs. We'll need big games from MB3 and Witten for us to really have a chance I think. We also need Ware and Ellis to show out and pressure and hopefully sack Anderson to have a good chance to win.

                        Prediction time- my heart tells me Cowboys obviously but my brain tell me Browns, I'll say Browns 31 Cowboys 28. Since my predictions usually suck I probably just guaranteed us a win lol.
                        Well I won't knock you for going the other way, but I don't see how you have the Browns winning when like Burns said they have way more injury problems then us, and what will they do on defense? As far as us having 2 WR's, so do they lol, so its not like they have some advantage, and they also just cut Travis Wilson and Steptoe is injured, they are basically down to 2 guys as well with a TE...The difference is their D is in shambles and we have alot of talent still on defense, there is no way they should beat us, I think your a little worried about nothing, I would be surprised if we only scored 28 pts on that weak secondary.


                        They need Anderson to play lights out, Lewis who is hampered to play very well, and huge days from everyone on defense, its asking alot more of them then it is our team.





                        Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                        Comment


                        • Cowboys will win by 17 points.

                          Comment


                          • I agree that we should win pretty easily.

                            Thanks BoneKrusher^

                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

                            Comment


                            • Mosley reporting that Newman will not play... A bit concerning seeing as that I wanted Henry on Winslow, although that would now mean Pac on Braylon. Not sure he's ready for that.

                              One of the rookies against stallworth is also tough.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                                Mosley reporting that Newman will not play... A bit concerning seeing as that I wanted Henry on Winslow, although that would now mean Pac on Braylon. Not sure he's ready for that.

                                One of the rookies against stallworth is also tough.
                                We got this maaaaan. ;)

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information