This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, a little worrisome.

Also, I am growing a little tired of people referring to last year's secondary as if it was a horrible group. This is not true. In fact, as a group, it was actually one of the top 8, or so, secondaries in the league. We just had a small problem with guarding 3rd recievers, and were vulnerable in key points of games because Reeves was a choke artist POS that gave up plays just at the exact wrong time.

However, as a group, we were one of the best in the league, and there is plenty of evidence to prove it.
    Originally posted by 21ST
    He was protecting his self
    Originally posted by tjsunstein
    From what? His leg?
    Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
    That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
    "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
      Yeah, a little worrisome.

Also, I am growing a little tired of people referring to last year's secondary as if it was a horrible group. This is not true. In fact, as a group, it was actually one of the top 8, or so, secondaries in the league. We just had a small problem with guarding 3rd recievers, and were vulnerable in key points of games because Reeves was a choke artist POS that gave up plays just at the exact wrong time.

However, as a group, we were one of the best in the league, and there is plenty of evidence to prove it.
      Ah man... I can't explain my joy of just the thought that Jaques Reeves is no longer roaming our secondary.

You're totally right about how bad they were not last year. It's typical though, everything Cowboys goes a little overrated. Secondary wasn't as bad as people made it out to be and our OL wasn't as good as people make it out to be.

But back to the secondary... things are gonna be sweet in that unit this year. Not only did we replace Reeves with Pacman, but we add Jenkins/Scandrick and one big addition that goes overlooked is the return of Campo as the secondary coach. I absolutely loved the way he ran the Jags secondary last year. I'm sure he had a hand in the Jags selection of Reggie Nelson and Mike Jenkins is in that same mold. Jags D is always nasty because of the personnel they keep bringing in. Nasty muthers with big time swagger and skill. That's what I hope our D looks like and we're getting there.

Comment

• According to Joyner and Football Outsiders -- Ware had the most QB hits and Hurries in the league last year... You wonder what his sack potential could be if this secondary can just give an extra half second.

Without that huge window behind Reeves and in front of Roy, we should see improvement all over the D.

My only real concern is if we can handle the run right up the gut. Last year we never really had to find out because teams were passing to try and keep up with us.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
          According to Joyner and Football Outsiders -- Ware had the most QB hits and Hurries in the league last year... You wonder what his sack potential could be if this secondary can just give an extra half second.

Without that huge window behind Reeves and in front of Roy, we should see improvement all over the D.

My only real concern is if we can handle the run right up the gut. Last year we never really had to find out because teams were passing to try and keep up with us.
          Say hello to Mr. Zach Thomas. :)

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
            Say hello to Mr. Zach Thomas. :)
            True, I meant more along the lines of "Can jay ratliff and tank do enough to hold the point"

Comment

• So with Newman out does that mean Henry won't be playing that rover position anymore in passing downs? We could leave him at corner on the outside because he's probably the best matchup with Braylon, but then that gives Winslow a huge advantage on passing downs...Otherwise we are looking at two rookies being the other 2 corners opposite Adam Jones in the nickel, and who knows how that may turn out, I don't think its enough for us to lose but it could turn into a shootout if we don't dial up the pressure.

It looks like we will have 4 rookies being highly active in the game, get a good chance to gauge how far along some of these guys are, we certainly will need those top 4 guys to step up huge...I think Bennett is coming ready to play and will start to open up alot more things for us once he gets going.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• The DMN reports that Newman is questionable and could play in nickel/dime situations.
                I really didn't see that one coming. Just a few days ago they said Newman was doing everything in practice.
                Anyway, is Burnett playing?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Hi, a few thoughts about tomorrow.

1) I realise many are not concerned about our interior run defense but I am. I think we have greatly improved the pass D but the run not so. We are still smallish at the Nose, rely on anticipation and penetration a little too much, and our ILB are not terribly stout either. Even Bradie, our most physical, is not exactly a high end run stuffer IMHO -- not instinctive and lacks high end speed like Urlacher. I hope between Jay/Tank and Spears we can hold up at the Nose.

2) The ST is a real concern and has been since last year. K Davis or not, they were bad last year. We really need to shore that up -- especially if Cribbs plays tomorrow.

3) I think Pass D will do really well and I anticipate more than a few sacks. I hope those sacks generate turnovers which their QB is prone too.

4) I think we win but if we don't turnover the ball +2 (FYI I don't think we will given the conservative passig game we will run).

5) Cleveland has a very good Offense and should score 20+ on us. Can't deny they are talented there.

6) I see a triplet like day tomorrow with Barber +100, Romo + 300 and TO +100.

7) New Prediction 31-28. We win but will need to be very efficient Offensively. I think Cleveland is going to move the ball at will with +2 turnovers

Hoping for 49 - 0. Have a great weekend guys.

Comment

• Marten cut to make room for Mike Jefferson. Cant say I'm surprised, this was the most likely to occur.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Adam Jones and Kellen Winslow go back to the WVU/Miami games, you guys should check out some of their heated battles they have a history:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVEqb...eature=related

^This first one is an INT on a lob pass to Winslow in the endzone where Jones was man to man.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVP9G...eature=related

^This one shows them two getting into it and exchanging blows, not really surprising at the time, but I hope this doesn't start back up lol...Ahhh I can't wait for this game.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                        Marten cut to make room for Mike Jefferson. Cant say I'm surprised, this was the most likely to occur.
                        That's pretty big news. I was cautiously optimistic about the Marten selection, but it looks like another big OL draft pick failure in the long line of OL draft pick failures. Free is the next to go.

Maybe Jerry recognizes the need to address OL in the first round for once to eliminate his scouting team's lack of ability to find hidden gems.

Comment

• THIS IS IT!! PARCELLS HAS GOT TO GO!! HE JUST CAN'T DRAFT OFFENSIVE LINE TALENT, I THINK ITS BECAUSE HE ONLY DRAFTS WHITE LINEMAN. THIS IS WHAT, WHAT, 5 WASTED DRAFT PICKS ON THE OL!?! HE IS SUCH A FAT ASS, WHY DOES JERRAH LET HIM GET AWAY WITH BEING SUCH A FAT ****? I'M DONE WATCHING THIS TEAM UNTIL TH--What? He left? Before we drafted Marten? Oh....
                          Originally posted by 21ST
                          He was protecting his self
                          Originally posted by tjsunstein
                          From what? His leg?
                          Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                          That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                          "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• I never liked that Marten pick...I did however like the Free pick and he has been good for the most part. He wont be the next to go. Free still needs work but, he's shown some flashes. He's atleast shown some progression, where as Marten seemed to get worse. blah. If Colombo has another good year, he should be back.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              I never liked that Marten pick...I did however like the Free pick and he has been good for the most part. He wont be the next to go. Free still needs work but, he's shown some flashes. He's atleast shown some progression, where as Marten seemed to get worse. blah. If Colombo has another good year, he should be back.
                              I think that next years draft and free agent moves should be concentrated on the OL. We need to add quality depth and right now I'm not entirely confident in our OL depth. I like Procter & McQuistan, but outside of them I think were a little weak. The verdict is still out on Holland though.

Comment

• Anyone watching the Cowboys special on OTL this morning? Funny how they focus so much on bringing in "trouble makers" right now, but this has been happening since we brought in Charles Haley its nothing new.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information