This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thule View Post
    For all you lazy people out there...Newman/Austin/Spencer are all gametime decisions...disappointing because Spencer and Newman should be surefire players from what the early reports were saying.
    I don't know if Wade is playing the Bellichick role with the injury reports... Newman said a few days ago that he's ready to go... We need him and we need Spencer.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• I wouldn't say we "need" either of them...however obviously it'd be nice to have both. My biggest matchup worry at the moment is Jackson on Henry...and that is something to watch for on gameday...being that we seem to play Henry in off-coverage more than our other corners.

Comment

I wouldn't say we "need" either of them...however obviously it'd be nice to have both. My biggest matchup worry at the moment is Jackson on Henry...and that is something to watch for on gameday...being that we seem to play Henry in off-coverage more than our other corners.
        If I were coach, I'd put Adam Jones on Desean assignment all game. Henry is better matched up against Baskett. I'd actually like to see what Jenkins is capable of. Matching him up with Greg Lewis isn't the biggest threat.

Comment

• I'd love to see us play the matchup game...Adam on DeSean is a great matchup...esspecially with Adam being so physical at the LOS...but that said...I haven't seen us play a coverage scheme like that in as long as I can remember...we never go man for man. We might do it a majority...but we always seem to get matchup changes with motions and whatnot...so I'm not looking for any one-on-one matchups with anyone all game...just if the history serves us up what we've seen for the past two years or so.

Comment

• I'm a little surprised about the line on this game. It's at -6.5 right now and started out at -7. I was guessing -.3.5 after last week's games.

Comment

I'd love to see us play the matchup game...Adam on DeSean is a great matchup...esspecially with Adam being so physical at the LOS...but that said...I haven't seen us play a coverage scheme like that in as long as I can remember...we never go man for man. We might do it a majority...but we always seem to get matchup changes with motions and whatnot...so I'm not looking for any one-on-one matchups with anyone all game...just if the history serves us up what we've seen for the past two years or so.
              Yeah, but we've always had coverage problems in the past, so zone was a good way to cover that up. Zone hinders us now, imo. ..and Henry is bad at it anyways. Now that we have better talent in our secondary, I think Phillips should take advantage and create more defensive packages with us playing man coverage.

Anyone have thoughts on Roy after Game 1? Hamlin was a beast, that's for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                Yeah, but we've always had coverage problems in the past, so zone was a good way to cover that up. Zone hinders us now, imo. ..and Henry is bad at it anyways. Now that we have better talent in our secondary, I think Phillips should take advantage and create more defensive packages with us playing man coverage.

I didn't notice Roy so this could be a good thing :P But I think he and Hamlin (the Goonies, as Pacman call them) could play a big role in limiting Desean Jackson: if he goes over the middle he would get destroyed, literally.
                I agree with D, the best matchup would be Pacman on Jackson and Henry on Baskett or Lewis, having Newman back would allow us to move Pacman back to the slot and blitz more.
                Spencer would play a big role in the game, giving Ellis time to take a breath. Ellis didn't blitz as much as usual against the Browns, probably because the coaching staff didn't want to worn him out.
                I watched the Eagles game and McNabb looks to have found his mobility back. He was able to escape from some sacks and find his man, but the Rams had like 100 broken coverages. One thing I noticed is that he needed a lot of time to find a man open (probably after a broken coverage), our pass rush would kill him if he can't find a man open faster.
                Obviously the Eagles WR's will find it harder to beat our CB's leading McNabb to wait a few more seconds before throwing the ball. With good play from the secondary we can hit McNabb a lot of times and force him to make some bad throws.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• I think the coaches know Adam plays better in man anyway so they will let him play to his strengths as much as he can...If he is lined up on Jackson he better be on the LOS pressing where he is most comfortable anyway...Line him up off and Desean probably wins that battle if your letting him run free.

I will be highly upset if we don't attack McNabb this week and play lots of press man, their WR situation is worse then ours at this point...And speaking of that Austin should be out there as the 4th guy, great to have him back, not sure how healthy but I'm glad he can suit up and test that knee, very curious to see if his pre-season carries over or not.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• FWIW, watching some games today....

1) All 3 USC LBers are amazing. Wow. Mays looks like a LB.
                    2) OSU's CB look real good. Both of them.
                    3) T Pryor is a better Vince Young
                    4) Maclin of Mizzou is a better DeSean Jackson
                    5) Clausen has not really improved IMHO
                    6) Michigan is going to take two years / recruiting classes

Hope Ike has spared you guys. We luckily missed it here in SF.

Comment

• I wasn't impressed by any of the USC backers. Rey looked a step late....for some reason Cushing was taken off the field in sub packages and the other guy was a JAG imo on the field against USC...I don't even remember his name. Mays was near every play...but did he make one? It's almost like he was afraid to jump into the pile...and would let everyone fall at his feet....I was really watching him...and outside of a deep safety role in dallas I'd pass.

Jenkins was really solid....he is my darkhorse at S this year....only because concerns started coming out late last year....this corner class isn't as strong but I wouldn't say he is a top 10 lock at this point.....Since he already plays safety in sub packages at OSU I don't think we'll be the only team thinking about him as a safety.

Who cares about Pryor...he is a gamer tho...which is nice for the big 10.

Maclin has a QB to throw to him....Jackson had Longshore who was a joke and lost his job this year...I'm not going to go that far...I would say that Jackson is more shifty whereas Maclin has better straightline speed...I've never seen anyone get a angle on Maclin...but I had Jackson...hell Jackson wasn't even the best WR on his team last year...but I still think QB concerns were the problems.

Clausen was fine to me....still only making 1/2 reads a snap tho....nothing a NFL QB will be doing.
                      Michigan is alright...but obviously it is going to take time.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post

Don't know why, but I think Roy will be better this year. He seems to have regained some of the confidence he lost after getting toasted for two consecutive years in pass coverage.

Obviously, he's used up all his "benefit of the doubt collateral" (as Jerry would say) as far as deep coverage goes, so he won't be doing much--if any--of that this season. Still, I think Campo is a huge help for him, and I think he will have his best season since 2004 this year. I really do, don't ask me why. Whether or not it will be enough to convince us not to cut his ass after this season is another thing, but I think he'll have a solid year.

Hamlin, on the other hand, is a revelation. You have to wonder how a player like this ever got onto the open market. Wow. Quickly becoming a favorite.
                        Originally posted by 21ST
                        He was protecting his self
                        Originally posted by tjsunstein
                        From what? His leg?
                        Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                        That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                        "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• That chick should NOT have sang a'capella.

Anyway, kick off is here!

I'm excited. There's many Eagles fans i'd love to shut up. Plus i have a sig bet riding on this game! :/

Comment

• Crazy game....would rather not be a fan of either of these teams since the excitement of this game would be greater.

Huge plays tell the story of this game.

Roy Williams beat again.

McNabb getting all day or us not taking him down when we should.

Westbrook is a great RB so I am not too worried about him doing good I thought he would.

Zach Thomas and Ken Hamlin are the only too players out there playing with passion....I can't praise Zach Thomas enough...has Bradie James made a tackle all year?

Comment

• Our rookies have played great but I am very disappointed with our D. Roys done for the night by the way.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• WOW.

This game scared the hell out of me. I can't believe our defense was this bad for three and a half quarters, but our studs came up and played big when we needed them to (Ellis, Ware). I'll post some more thoughts tomorrow morning, i gotta crash already, but..... GO COWBOYS! :D

Won my sig challenge by the way. Any ideas on what i should make the loser wear?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information