This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
    your right about the points our defense actually let them score, but I'm just trying to look at improvements instead of always patting us on the back for everything, these games are important to get home field but we have to be solid all around to win playoff games, we just can't keep relying on our talent to bail us out all the time...Alot of that was Mcnabb your right, he moved around and made throws, but I wanted too see more pressure turn into more turnovers especially with Spencer and Newman both out there.

We played very good last night, but it wasn't a perfect day in the neighborhood, I don't just want to settle anymore, and we need to be alot sharper if we want to beat either the Giants or the Eagles come playoff time...Desean Jackson did run right down the middle of the field on that TD, its ok to say we need to improve in some areas instead of just looking at the positives...You want to come out of a game and see what you did wrong and improve on it.

You're right, and we can agree on that. But those Eagles played a fantastic game last night, and we shouldn't look at it like its all our players being crappy.

I want to see Pacman get more consistency with his technique. I want to see Tank show up more in the pass rush. I want to see us get more nasty in the run game early on, instead of waiting to get it going in the second half.

But all told, that was a well played game by all participants. It wasn't shoddy defense on either side, just the offense doing more and making more plays in the end. That's all I'm sayin.
    Originally posted by 21ST
    He was protecting his self
    Originally posted by tjsunstein
    From what? His leg?
    Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
    That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
    "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
      I agree with everyone saying that the defense didn't allow all of those points, but i can't believe no one was making a bigger deal on the DeSean Jackson play where he let go of the ball. There needs to be some adjusting on that rule, or have some damn referees that can get the call right the first time. That was another seven point swing that went against us.
      Honestly, he had the TD and he screwed up. We deserved to have the 7 pts against us on that play.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
        Honestly, he had the TD and he screwed up. We deserved to have the 7 pts against us on that play.
        Not necessarily, had the refs been on top of things and let it be a live ball, we would of been able to go pick it up and run with the ball, but when the ref put both his arms up and called it a TD it was a dead ball so it was nothing we could do...But had the ref been paying attention and decided to not rule a TD initially and let the ball be a live ball, we would of been able to take the ball and run...Sucks either way really that he shredded us like that and we had to know it was coming.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          Not necessarily, had the refs been on top of things and let it be a live ball, we would of been able to go pick it up and run with the ball, but when the ref put both his arms up and called it a TD it was a dead ball so it was nothing we could do...But had the ref been paying attention and decided to not rule a TD initially and let the ball be a live ball, we would of been able to take the ball and run...Sucks either way really that he shredded us like that and we had to know it was coming.
          What I'm saying is that we got burnt and deserved it to be 7 against us for terrible defense.

Comment

• It's good to be #1

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...gs/1-10/080917

Also...Vote for our boy Felix

http://www.nfl.com/partner?partnerType=rookies
            Last edited by diesel; 09-17-2008, 12:43 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
              What I'm saying is that we got burnt and deserved it to be 7 against us for terrible defense.
              Just because we deserved it doesn't mean it should have counted. We easily could have had the ball around the 30 yard line. The way our offense was moving, we could have at the very least gotten 3 points out of that. Check that out, on a blown call, it's a potential 10 point swing.

Comment

• That is a very difficult call to make during actual live play...and I agree that we were torched so, it worked out for the best anyway. In the end, though...it was no big deal.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

• Watkins starting at SS eh? I think with the reps he'll do well for himself. He just has to limit bone head plays, and I think that will come with more reps.

I always liked him at SS.

Let's see what he can do.

Comment

• Deon Anderson is out a couple of weeks after getting his knee scoped. I do like him, but I think we'll be fine...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
                      Watkins starting at SS eh? I think with the reps he'll do well for himself. He just has to limit bone head plays, and I think that will come with more reps.

I always liked him at SS.

Let's see what he can do.
                      Btw, BBD, on the whole "is Hamlin a FS or SS" issue, Phillips was asked about it during Tuesday's press conference. If you want to hear his commentary, give it a listen. Some good stuff there.
                      Originally posted by 21ST
                      He was protecting his self
                      Originally posted by tjsunstein
                      From what? His leg?
                      Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                      That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                      "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                        Deon Anderson is out a couple of weeks after getting his knee scoped. I do like him, but I think we'll be fine...
                        Well I'd rather this happen during this next stretch of three games then after it.

Comment

• Article said we are going to use the TE's at fullback. Im guessing it will be a combination of all of them rotating in..

Has anyone noticed how many mental errors tony curtis makes? dude is a ******.

Comment

• Another big day for Julius. I knew he would turn it around in another situation. He really needed that situation where he was the featured ball carrier. Some guys just cant be used in a dual backfield. Julius is one of those momentum carriers...the more carries equals more familiarity. Once he gets rolling down hill, he's tough to stop. I cant say that I didnt see this coming and I'm happy for him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Hurd is inactive...100% playing next week.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                Another big day for Julius. I knew he would turn it around in another situation. He really needed that situation where he was the featured ball carrier. Some guys just cant be used in a dual backfield. Julius is one of those momentum carriers...the more carries equals more familiarity. Once he gets rolling down hill, he's tough to stop. I cant say that I didnt see this coming and I'm happy for him.
                                It can't hurt that he had back-to-back games against two of the worst teams in the nfc.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information