This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JoeyHeisman View Post
    It can't hurt that he had back-to-back games against two of the worst teams in the nfc.
    Of course that helps (granted the niners arent that bad at all) but, all you have to do is actually watch him to see that he looks like the player of old...when he was shouldering the load here. He needed a change of scenery. So far so good.

Our offensive line was not a good run blocking unit last season. People complain about his vision but, the biggest problem was the line not opening up holes. Marion was successful behind that same line because, he rarely ran through the designed hole last season...mostly because, it wasnt there. Marion's lateral style and punishing style was a much better fit a year ago. Julius will be much more successful in Seattle than he was here in the last few years.
    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-21-2008, 08:23 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Felix is making me look like an idiot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
        Felix is making me look like an idiot.
        I'm sure you don't mind too much though! I wasn't too sold on him but I love it, he's dangerous...

Comment

• We have an interesting stretch coming up...Washington, Cincy, @ Arizona, @ St. Louis, and then Tampa.

I dont want to look too far ahead but, I dont see us losing any of these. Cincy and St. Louis look destined for top 5 selections...Washington/Arizona look to be in the same boat (I do like the Cards more, though), and Romo typically tears up the cover 2 defense...so, I'm not all that worried about the Bucs game. This stretch comes before our game against the Giants in NY. But yeah, our remaining schedule doesnt really scare me at all...a great year to be playing the AFC North and NFC West.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Overall I'm fairly pleased with the performance last night.

Positives:

Our run defense is extremely good.
            Good pressure on the QB
            Running game is solid
            Production out of Austin
            OL is very stout run blocking

Negatives:

PENALTIES--if we don't get smarter, it's really gonna hurt us
            Turnovers- way too many turnovers
            Pass defense needs to quit giving up big plays

Comment

• Well three games into it here is my read ....

Good
              1) Better run blocking
              2) Much better Pass Defense IMHO
              3) MBIII brings more energy to the game
              4) Austin, Bennett and Felix are using their athleticism to create big play
              5) Run D so far OK
              6) Romo more patient in the pocket.

Not So Good
              1) Romo is making a few of big mistakes in each game. 2 Red Zone Picks. 1 End Zone pick. Fumbles. A little scary when playoffs come.
              2) Pass Rush is inconsistent so far for my taste.

3-0 sounds sweet going into the schedule. Should be a big game vs the GMEN.

Comment

• Jason Taylor has been ruled out for next week's game...one less thing to worry about.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• As far as Romo it does seem at times he tries to do too much, now granted that may be how he plays the game, we have seen plays where he tried to do too much and it turned out incredible(the play where the ball was snapped way over his head comes to mind) but sometimes those things kill us in a close game...He needs to learn to take a sack or throw the ball away more, hopefully Garrett gets on him about it.

Other then that penalties is the only gripe I really have, really want to see those get cut down...And good news Taylor is out, they were already depleted at DE, so I wonder how they plan on rushing the QB.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
                    Well three games into it here is my read ....

Good
                    1) Better run blocking
                    2) Much better Pass Defense IMHO
                    3) MBIII brings more energy to the game
                    4) Austin, Bennett and Felix are using their athleticism to create big play
                    5) Run D so far OK
                    6) Romo more patient in the pocket.

Not So Good
                    1) Romo is making a few of big mistakes in each game. 2 Red Zone Picks. 1 End Zone pick. Fumbles. A little scary when playoffs come.
                    2) Pass Rush is inconsistent so far for my taste.

3-0 sounds sweet going into the schedule. Should be a big game vs the GMEN.
                    I agree. Romo needs to stop with his "**** it, i'm throwing anyway" mentality. He needs to realize that sometimes you have to take what the defense gives you. 3 Points are way better than a pick.

How about Jason Witten? On Marion TD he put Kampman on the ground.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                      Felix is making me look like an idiot.
                      These are the few times where i love to be proven wrong. I didn't think he was gonna be everything he was being hyped, but damn has he been impressive. Pre-draft i wanted Chris Johnson or Jamaal Charles, so it's not like i was horribly wrong, but i am glad that Jones is all that was advertised.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                        These are the few times where i love to be proven wrong. I didn't think he was gonna be everything he was being hyped, but damn has he been impressive. Pre-draft i wanted Chris Johnson or Jamaal Charles, so it's not like i was horribly wrong, but i am glad that Jones is all that was advertised.
                        Yeah man. I wanted Mike Jenkins, Devin Thomas and then Jamaal Charles...

But Felix Jones has over exceeded my greatest hopes for a compliment to Barber. Every time he touches the ball, he just gives you that feeling like something big is about to happen. Just like Adrian Peterson does.

On his TD run, though.... did you guys notice TO's speed? Wow. He burned down the field and caught up to Felix (Felix was running full speed mind you) so that he could block for him. That play really made me respect TO that much more.

Comment

• Nice to see Austin reel in passes. I was a big supporter of him when Parcells brought him in. I thought he had really good WR measurables and was one of the big UDFA signings of that year.

However, I got down on him big time last year for all the dropped passes he made. His route running didn't seem to be improving and his overall focus just didn't seemed to be there. So down on him that I thought he might not make it out of training camp this year.

So while I thought he made clutch catches for us yesterday, I'm still hesitant to crown him until I see a full season's worth of consistency. Can he be that deep threat for our team that we sorely have lacked? Can he be the guy who stretches the field for us? TO can do that, but he can't be relied on to do that for us consistently as he needs to be more involved in the passing attack.

Comment

• Hey, did you guys see that pass Crayton threw to TO in the first half? Wow. I think I've been waiting for that play since we drafted Crayton. This was the first time that I ever saw it. Even though it didn't work out, I seriously yelled, "Hallejulah!" I really hope that Garrett doesn't give up on those types of trick plays just because it didn't work yesterday. They definitely need to practice it more though. That was an ugly lob from Crayton. It could've easily been intercepted. Maybe they need to get Stanback practicing it too. I think he's got a better arm.

Again, just happy to see the creativity.

Comment

• i don't think you can use TO for that kind of play though. maybe crayton to austin.

because teams are going to follow TO everywhere even if the plays not going to him.

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboyz View Post
                                i don't think you can use TO for that kind of play though. maybe crayton to austin.

because teams are going to follow TO everywhere even if the plays not going to him.
                                Yup. There's a lot of wrinkles to work out. That wasn't the best designed play.

I love trick plays. Depending on the situation of the game, of course. I mean... If we're up by 3 TDs, there's no need for it... but if the game is close and scoring is a problem...

As basic as Parcells' flea flicker was, he made it work.

Garrett has yet to get creative with the offense as far as trick plays are concerned.

I also don't see us using TO like we used to. On reversals... or having him motion in the backfield, etc etc...

I wouldn't mind seeing Stanback line up at QB and then take off. Or some of that hog formation stuff too.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information