Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That play was actually run w/ Crayton and Hurd during camp.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• I agree with D. Run the hog with Stanback, Barber and Jones in the backfield, two TE set and have the defense try to guess where you're going. Obviously it wouldn't be something i'd do a lot during a game, but when you're in a 3rd and 3 or 4, bust it out. At the very least you'll get a first down. Maybe we can go Miami v. Patriots on a few occasions.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
        I agree with D. Run the hog with Stanback, Barber and Jones in the backfield, two TE set and have the defense try to guess where you're going. Obviously it wouldn't be something i'd do a lot during a game, but when you're in a 3rd and 3 or 4, bust it out. At the very least you'll get a first down. Maybe we can go Miami v. Patriots on a few occasions.
        I'd bust it out on like 2nd and short instead of 3rd.... but yeah... I hope we get more creative.

Comment

• I'm sure Garrett has a bunch of wrinkles he's holding back on right now. There's no sense in showing all your cards this early in the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
            As far as Romo it does seem at times he tries to do too much, now granted that may be how he plays the game, we have seen plays where he tried to do too much and it turned out incredible(the play where the ball was snapped way over his head comes to mind) but sometimes those things kill us in a close game...He needs to learn to take a sack or throw the ball away more, hopefully Garrett gets on him about it.

Other then that penalties is the only gripe I really have, really want to see those get cut down...And good news Taylor is out, they were already depleted at DE, so I wonder how they plan on rushing the QB.
            Romo style of play it's high risks/high rewards. Sometimes he will make a bonehead play but most of the time he will make an unbelievable play just because of his resiliency.
            What he needs to do is stopping the turnovers in the endzone, realize that sometimes you can just get 3 points and live with that. But I expect Garrett to solve this problem.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• On the Romo thing FWIW, I am not sure I would call him a high risk / reward player. I think he gets sloppy in low reward situations b/c his head is not totally into what the objective is at that moment in time.

The INT's in the End Zone was him trying to force a ball into an area of the field he had no business doing early in the game. What exactly was the reward? 4 points in the second quarter of a tied game?

High risk / reward is the throw to Austin in a tight game after almost getting dropped on the sack.

Even the end zone turnovers were simply bone headed plays. What exactly was the reward to be expected vs the downside?

Anyway, situations dictate whether to go all in or not. Romo at times just goes all in even when the pot is tiny.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
                On the Romo thing FWIW, I am not sure I would call him a high risk / reward player. I think he gets sloppy in low reward situations b/c his head is not totally into what the objective is at that moment in time.

The INT's in the End Zone was him trying to force a ball into an area of the field he had no business doing early in the game. What exactly was the reward? 4 points in the second quarter of a tied game?

High risk / reward is the throw to Austin in a tight game after almost getting dropped on the sack.

Even the end zone turnovers were simply bone headed plays. What exactly was the reward to be expected vs the downside?

Anyway, situations dictate whether to go all in or not. Romo at times just goes all in even when the pot is tiny.
                I wasn't talking about those two particular plays, I was talking about his style of plays. He's always looking for a play downfield that's why sometimes he makes a crucial mistake.
                I mean, he won't cover a fumble, he will always try to pick the ball and make a play.

In Bob We Trust

Comment

• I must say Modano... Your English has drastically improved since you first started posting here. Impressive!

Too bad Marcus Spears doesn't have your development skills.

Comment

• I think yall are beginning to get a little over critical here w/ Romo. The guy is a gunslinger, as much as he has worked on his pocket presence and patience, he's not going to shed that mentality. Seems like none of you have seen Brett Favre play...he's played the same way as Romo for years. Yeah, it sucks but, he's going to throw those picks. He doesnt give up on plays easily, he's always trying to make a play and he'll force some here or there. As much as you may not like it, that's who he is, just like that is who Favre is. He'll get his 4,000 yards close to or 30+ Tds and he'll rack up plenty of picks along the way....but, the good will outweigh the bad. Now, this could certainly change in time, Romo is trying more to emulate Brady now more so than Favre these days...so, he may not have that type of career but, right now he's a Favre esque QB, in both the good and the bad....and yeah, that aint all that bad, imo.
                    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-24-2008, 06:30 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                      I think yall are beginning to get a little over critical here w/ Romo. The guy is a gunslinger, as much as he has worked on his pocket presence and patience, he's not going to shed that mentality. Seems like none of you have seen Brett Favre play...he's played the same way as Romo for years. Yeah, it sucks but, he's going to throw those picks. He doesnt give up on plays easily, he's always trying to make a play and he'll force some here or there. As much as you may not like it, that's who he is, just like that is who Favre is. He'll get his 4,000 yards close to or 30+ Tds and he'll rack up plenty of picks along the way....but, the good will outweigh the bad. Now, this could certainly change in time, Romo is trying more to emulate Brady now more so than Favre these days...so, he may not have that type of career but, right now he's a Favre esque QB, in both the good and the bad....and yeah, that aint all that bad, imo.
                      I'm perfectly fine with his style of play and gun slinger mentality, thats what makes him who he is, and he's made some plays(when Gurode snapped it a mile over his head and he turned it into a huge game) that makes me want him to continue to do that...With that being said he needs to learn to be smart with the football, you can still be a gun slinger and be smart, he also needs to pick and choose when to be a gun slinger, alot of the picks I see him throw aren't due to some complex scheming he's just trying to force the ball.

If he can learn to just hold back on a few of those throws and not force it so much I'd be fine, in the playoffs you want to play mistake free football because a few picks or a couple fumbles can have you in a hole, if he plays within himself the offense can't be stopped so I want to feel comfortable knowing he can play efficient when the time calls for it.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Well I sure as hell hope he isn't too much like Favre. I want more than 1 Superbowl, which is overshadowed by countless playoff disappointments.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          I'm perfectly fine with his style of play and gun slinger mentality, thats what makes him who he is, and he's made some plays(when Gurode snapped it a mile over his head and he turned it into a huge game) that makes me want him to continue to do that...With that being said he needs to learn to be smart with the football, you can still be a gun slinger and be smart, he also needs to pick and choose when to be a gun slinger, alot of the picks I see him throw aren't due to some complex scheming he's just trying to force the ball.

If he can learn to just hold back on a few of those throws and not force it so much I'd be fine, in the playoffs you want to play mistake free football because a few picks or a couple fumbles can have you in a hole, if he plays within himself the offense can't be stopped so I want to feel comfortable knowing he can play efficient when the time calls for it.
                          I'm just saying he may never stop doing those things...just like Favre never stopped doing those things. You may just have to live w/ it but hey, Favre won a superbowl playing his way.
                          Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 09-24-2008, 09:32 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Romo is perfect the way he is. Yes... even though he throws off his back shoulder and his release is low.

Comment

• So yeah, as we already know, Procter will start but, Holland was seen getting some 1st teams reps in practice the last two days.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                I must say Modano... Your English has drastically improved since you first started posting here. Impressive!

Too bad Marcus Spears doesn't have your development skills.
                                ahah that's the second time you tell me this :P

Anyway, I agree with MOTH. Romo is a gunslinger and he will always take risks. Well taking risks is a huge part of his game, it's not a surprise that Crayton presented him as Tony "I can't stop believing" Romo during last week monday night game.

In Bob We Trust

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information