Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, I am with Longhorn on this, you can be a gambler without looking to go all in every hand. Turnovers inside either 20 is really bad and certainly early in games.

Hey Romo got picked last year versus the GMen in the end zone in the last game but that was a chance he had to take. No issue there. Circumstances dictate. That throw to Austin, situation dictated given he was at midfield.

But the picks this year in the end zone are just unacceptable IMHO. Throwing into triple/quad coverage. The sloppy fumbles in the end zone. Bad Bad and at the heart of what Parcells rightly believes kills you versus the playoff teams in Jan/Feb.

Again, time and place for everything while still being a high risk/high reward guy. He has the skills and moxie but as Kenny Rogers said "you gotta know when to hold them, know when to fold them, know when to walk away, know when to run."

Comment

• Anyway, F the Deadskins. 49 - 17.

Comment

• http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...A6195A081465C9

Sounds like Holland may get some snaps in the game this week. I think people have been a little hard on him since the trade. I know that on DC.com the writers didn't know why he hasn't gotten any snaps. He came from a zone blocking scheme to ours. It just takes some time to adjust. I'm interested to see how he performs, if he gets in this week.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
          http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/ne...A6195A081465C9

Sounds like Holland may get some snaps in the game this week. I think people have been a little hard on him since the trade. I know that on DC.com the writers didn't know why he hasn't gotten any snaps. He came from a zone blocking scheme to ours. It just takes some time to adjust. I'm interested to see how he performs, if he gets in this week.
          Actually, he should have had no problem adjusting. He played the majority of his career w/ the Saints. He only played one season in the Broncos zone blocking scheme. I just think they were trying to get him a little better conditioned, considering he's a good 15-20+ lbs over weight and looking oftly soft.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• I keep hearing his run blocking is as advertised, and adding another road grader at tackle certainly couldn't hurt, I'd be curious as to if he can handle pass protection consistently better then Kosier can, but hopefully he can get some snaps...Not sure how they use lineman, if they will rotate 2 guys at one spot like corner, or if they want to stick with one guy, but I get the feeling they didn't trade for a backup player, so they want to see what he gives us at some point.

Our O-line in general deserves some kudos, Romo has had all kind of space to throw, it helps to have a back like Marion who punishes blitzers like nobodies business, but hopefully Holland knows the playbook, Proctor is serviceable but I bet he gets his name mentioned vs Washington for the wrong reason on Sunday, watch.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              Actually, he should have had no problem adjusting. He played the majority of his career w/ the Saints. He only played one season in the Broncos zone blocking scheme. I just think they were trying to get him a little better conditioned, considering he's a good 15-20+ lbs over weight and looking oftly soft.
              Well if you take away 15-20 he is lighter than Proctor by 5-10.

Dude, is a fat ball but Houck is anxious to get his type of guys in there ... so kudos to him if/when/hope it works.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
                Well if you take away 15-20 he is lighter than Proctor by 5-10.

Dude, is a fat ball but Houck is anxious to get his type of guys in there ... so kudos to him if/when/hope it works.
                His listed weight isnt correct...they dont update those things regulary. That was his playing weight from last year...add about 15-20 to it. He's not in great playing shape.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Niiiice. TO is starting to cry. Why not? Why not implode early in the season and ruin everything.

Sure, it hasn't happened yet, but if you saw he presser after the game -- you know what I mean when I say he is being a *****.

Beyond that, he is complaining about not getting the ball enough. He was targeted 18 times and got 2 handoffs. Are you kidding me? How about stop dropping balls. 2 drops today.

This hasn't escalated yet, but it certainly isn't good.

PS. can we get a new defensive coordinator? This no press coverage is ridiculous. We have Press corners. People have the misconception that we play a lot of zone and hardly any man. That isn't the case. It just looks as if it might be a zone scheme because we have these ******* 500 yard cushions.

Dough boy better man up and right this ship before it strays off course. Week 4 is way too early to have our heads in the clouds.

I know some of you will think I'm over reacting. I realize teams lose games. I didn't expect us to go undefeated. But we lost this game before we stepped on the field. This team gets too Hollywood too quick. I love the swag, the 90's teams were full of it. But they walked the walk after the talk. They played with passion. We looked like we're playing without any emotion.

Wade needs to criticize this team and stop sucking them off. Let them press, fire them up, and stop treating them like they are gods greatest gift. You do that and you get weak minded, which is what we saw today.

Comment

• Anyone see if Holland played? I dont think he saw the field but, I'm not certain. I have the game taped but, dont really feel like watching it again right now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Two of Romo's picks this year were either unavoidable or not on Romo. Horton's pick was just a great defensive call and play by Horton. Horton was basically lined up as a linebacker and broke full speed to the sideline to defend the flat. When Romo threw the ball Horton wasn't anywhere near where the ball was going to be. The pick in the end zone was on Felix Jones. Jones missed the block and the defender forced Romo to throw it higher than he wanted which led to the pick. The fumbles need to stop and forcing the ball into triple or quadruple coverage also needs to stop. He has had some throws that could have been picked but were dropped. Romo needs to realize just b/c he can make every throw doesn't mean he needs to take unnecessary risks.

Comment

• We need to pick the ball. 0 interceptions is depressing :(

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Santana Moss must be licking his chops whenever he's about plays us, it's ridiculous.

Can't really add anything that hasn't been already said about the game yesterday. The team who played the best won that game, plain and simple.

Bright side, we're playing The Bengals led by the incomparable Ryan Fitzpatrick next week.

Comment

• Is Fitz def. the QB? That is what I figured but, I didnt hear it for sure since Carson's results came back negative.

Hopefully, this will just be a blessing in disguise. The media and fans are absolutely killing them for their gameplan, or lack there of. Garrett better be listening and prepared to give Felix the ball A LOT next week.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              Is Fitz def. the QB? That is what I figured but, I didnt hear it for sure since Carson's results came back negative.
                              From what I heard he may need Tommy John Surgery, not sure if that confirmed, but more than likely he is out. I mean he wasn't exactly tearing it up this season anyways.

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              Hopefully, this will just be a blessing in disguise. The media and fans are absolutely killing them for their gameplan, or lack there of. Garrett better be listening and prepared to give Felix the ball A LOT next week.
                              Yeah, local radio talk is tearing them apart right now. "Overreaction Monday" as they call it. Can't really say I disagree with some of the things there saying though.

Comment

• This is the type of game that could ultimately be looked back on as a blessing in disguise for this year's team. The problem is that we have had so many games like that in the last 3 years, what makes us think that we will be any different now? How bout the Eagles game last year, or the playoff loss, or the Saints game the year before, or the Eagles game that same year, or the Seattle game or or or or or or. There is a never ending list of games when this **** ing defense just doesn't show up to play, and I don't know why this game will prove to be the one that wakes us up.

I personally think that Brian Stewart is one of the 3 worst defensive coordinators in the NFL right now, and that him having that important a position is a joke. He's a tool, and his HC is a doughboy. How the hell are you supposed to feel confident in your leadership when the camera pans to the sideline and your coach looks like he's preparing for his Pillsbury camera shoot? Its depressing.
                                Originally posted by 21ST
                                He was protecting his self
                                Originally posted by tjsunstein
                                From what? His leg?
                                Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                                That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                                "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information