This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
    This is the type of game that could ultimately be looked back on as a blessing in disguise for this year's team. The problem is that we have had so many games like that in the last 3 years, what makes us think that we will be any different now? How bout the Eagles game last year, or the playoff loss, or the Saints game the year before, or the Eagles game that same year, or the Seattle game or or or or or or. There is a never ending list of games when this **** ing defense just doesn't show up to play, and I don't know why this game will prove to be the one that wakes us up.

I personally think that Brian Stewart is one of the 3 worst defensive coordinators in the NFL right now, and that him having that important a position is a joke. He's a tool, and his HC is a doughboy. How the hell are you supposed to feel confident in your leadership when the camera pans to the sideline and your coach looks like he's preparing for his Pillsbury camera shoot? Its depressing.
    they allowed 17 pts in the 1st half and 9 pts in the 2nd. :D granted they probably could've scored more if they were losing.

against philly it was 7 pts

cleveland 3

green bay 10, but that td was using the prevent D.

Comment

• Just heard that Palmer is good to go for Sunday.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
        We need to pick the ball. 0 interceptions is depressing :(
        All leads back to coaching, some changes need to be made I can already see it, were still not playing anywhere near our potential.

The overreactions are a little crazy, Cowboys lose one game to a division foe and all hell breaks loose, things need to be changed for next week and the future, but it's not as bad as the bloggers and radio shows are making it out to be, I'd actually prefer to lose earlier to get our stuff straight versus running through teams again.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• We should demote Wade to DC, and let Garrett be HC and call the plays.

Sure Garrett gets a little pass happy at times, but at least he'll put 24+ points on the board 14 out of 16 games. This D on the other hand is good for about 2 games a year and we already wasted 1 on Green bay.

I wouldn't mind firing Wade, he does nothing to inspire the players and they don't do it themselves. His D sucks and should be his specialty. We don't have that Ray Lewis who is like a coach on the field.

We're wasting valuable years of D Wares career. Give me a DC who will press and Ware has 6 or 7 sacks right now instead of 4.

**** it. Keep Garrett as OC, fire Wade and Stewart, Bring in Capers, and Bring in Jimmy Johnson to be HC. Jerry should just suck him off and give him 5 mil a year and say sorry.

Comment

• You know what else I just realized.. This "you dont run on the cowboys" is all BS.

You know why people don't run on us? Because they fall behind and are forced to pass, not because we have a good run D. Our line can't hold **** at the point of attack. We are very susceptible to down hill runners. Teams that try to run stretch plays fail because of our speed, but if you run it right down our throats we are weak.

****. Im so pissed from this loss still. more than normal. We better shut cincy out. If we struggle I may off myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
              You know what else I just realized.. This "you dont run on the cowboys" is all BS.

You know why people don't run on us? Because they fall behind and are forced to pass, not because we have a good run D. Our line can't hold **** at the point of attack. We are very susceptible to down hill runners. Teams that try to run stretch plays fail because of our speed, but if you run it right down our throats we are weak.

****. Im so pissed from this loss still. more than normal. We better shut cincy out. If we struggle I may off myself.
              Burns you're overreacting a little too much. I know we played bad, but a teams that play that bad usually lose by 14 not by 2 with a chance to win the game. So there's something positive in that loss.
              We've been very good against the run for the last couple of years, one game doesn't change anything, as Wade said, they had big gains in the second half because players were trying to make plays and not staying with their assignments.
              Our defense played very good against the Packers and the Browns, and they stepped up in the second half against the Eagles, allowing only 7 points and stopping one of the best RBs in the league in Westbrook. And we can't use the "they stopped run because they fell behind" argument.
              We're not getting sacks because teams go maximum protection almost every time against us. Go watch the tapes, they keep 7 guys most of the times. The problem is that we can't stup curls and slants, that's why they can go maximum protection. I hope they will solve it.

Anyway, even if our defense played so bad, it was Newman who lost the game. He was responsible for one of the two Moss long gain and for two TDs. I think he lost his confidence when he slept trying to cover Trash. He was so mad, never seen him so mad. After that play he tried to play more aggressive and got beat so I really think it was a matter of confidence. Probably if he had stopped Trash on that play he would have play a better game. But Newman was Jacques Reeeves-esque and if he had played better we would've not allowed so many points.
              The other reason why we lost was our offense. They had too many three and outs and they were not taking what the Redskins defense gave them. That also led to our defense being tired. Time of possession was awful.

So I don't think it's time to push the panic button. Our defense hasn't been spectacular but not that bad.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Ugh, as if we needed anything more to take flack for, Bobby Carpenter is on first and ten, debating football topics with Skip "d.baggerson" Bayless. Seriously, why is he doing this?

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                  Ugh, as if we needed anything more to take flack for, Bobby Carpenter is on first and ten, debating football topics with Skip "d.baggerson" Bayless. Seriously, why is he doing this?
                  That's one of my favorite shows, but I purposely didn't want to watch the past few days just because he gets pleasure in the smallest Cowboy letdown and turns it into a massive explosion about to happen...Gets old, he says the same stuff everytime.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    That's one of my favorite shows, but I purposely didn't want to watch the past few days just because he gets pleasure in the smallest Cowboy letdown and turns it into a massive explosion about to happen...Gets old, he says the same stuff everytime.
                    I can't stand Bayless. Just the way he's completely oblivious and apathetic to other people's opinions is more than enough to keep me from watching it. I love Jim Rome, ATH and PTI, and that's pretty much all i watch when it comes to programming on BSPN. Everything else has quickly become garbage.

Edit - ESPN Radio is a million times better than the actual channel, and you don't even have to pay for it. Colin Cowherd = The truth.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                      Burns you're overreacting a little too much. I know we played bad, but a teams that play that bad usually lose by 14 not by 2 with a chance to win the game. So there's something positive in that loss.
                      We've been very good against the run for the last couple of years, one game doesn't change anything, as Wade said, they had big gains in the second half because players were trying to make plays and not staying with their assignments.
                      Our defense played very good against the Packers and the Browns, and they stepped up in the second half against the Eagles, allowing only 7 points and stopping one of the best RBs in the league in Westbrook. And we can't use the "they stopped run because they fell behind" argument.
                      We're not getting sacks because teams go maximum protection almost every time against us. Go watch the tapes, they keep 7 guys most of the times. The problem is that we can't stup curls and slants, that's why they can go maximum protection. I hope they will solve it.

Anyway, even if our defense played so bad, it was Newman who lost the game. He was responsible for one of the two Moss long gain and for two TDs. I think he lost his confidence when he slept trying to cover Trash. He was so mad, never seen him so mad. After that play he tried to play more aggressive and got beat so I really think it was a matter of confidence. Probably if he had stopped Trash on that play he would have play a better game. But Newman was Jacques Reeeves-esque and if he had played better we would've not allowed so many points.
                      The other reason why we lost was our offense. They had too many three and outs and they were not taking what the Redskins defense gave them. That also led to our defense being tired. Time of possession was awful.

So I don't think it's time to push the panic button. Our defense hasn't been spectacular but not that bad.
                      Going back to the game, Newman didn't even play that bad. He slipped on 1 td, big deal, guys were slipping all day. Campbell had about 4.5 seconds on that zig zag route that Randle El ran and newman was right behind him. A pass rush would have ended that before the pass got in the air. He really just got beasted on that double move.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                        Going back to the game, Newman didn't even play that bad. He slipped on 1 td, big deal, guys were slipping all day. Campbell had about 4.5 seconds on that zig zag route that Randle El ran and newman was right behind him. A pass rush would have ended that before the pass got in the air. He really just got beasted on that double move.

If that had been Roy and not Newman we wouldn't hear the end of it. Your just protecting a player you like. Newman had a terrible game and he even said so. One loss and all of a sudden we suck. Somebody has Robitis.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• We have time to grow and learn but I think what irks many a critical fan is the inability to overcome the same problems that have proved fatal in years past.

Secondarily, the fact our HC and Staff seem content in mediocrity rubs the wrong way. Wade's comments make you feel like he demands very little from the players or his coaches -- ho-hum all is well. 13-3 is GREAT ... even if we are the first 1 seed to lose in the first round.

We need time to integrate players -- particularly in teh secondary but we also need coaches to step up and admit they are failing at key tasks.

I mean, how merciless where the fans with Parcells over his not changing schemes to benefit players?????? How he was so rigid, etc.

Well Wade seems like an Ostrich in comparison. At least Parcells looked like death warmed over after a loss and seemed to work the team harder.

Comment

• Mike Jefferson has been suspended 4 games for tesing positive for anabolic steroids.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

Comment

• I'm scared of Garrett as HC. Who would then be our OC? Is he really HC material? I don't think he's ready to be honest. I don't think he'd command any more discipline than Wade does. Both of them are "Players" coaches. I'd rather have Capers be the HC with Garrett as OC and Wade as DC. HA! Too bad that ain't happening.

Comment

• We picked up Travis Wilson to our practice squad, 2006 3rd rd pick from OU and local guy from Carrollton Creekview, I actually got to play against him a few times in HS since we graduated in the same class.

He's nothing special, but he does have good hands and is a big frame, and at least a hard worker...Don't mind at all keeping him on our PS for awhile.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information