This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    I'm scared of Garrett as HC. Who would then be our OC? Is he really HC material? I don't think he's ready to be honest. I don't think he'd command any more discipline than Wade does. Both of them are "Players" coaches. I'd rather have Capers be the HC with Garrett as OC and Wade as DC. HA! Too bad that ain't happening.
    I'm sure John Garrett would be our offensive coord. and I would welcome it, he is a fantastic coach.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      I'm sure John Garrett would be our offensive coord. and I would welcome it, he is a fantastic coach.
      What do you know about him?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        What do you know about him?
        Well, just like Jason, he's a Princeton grad and former player in the NFL. Jason's younger brother ; He's a very intelligent person, who possesses an excellent personality. He's currently our TE coach and in charge of whipping Bennett into shape and he has done a fine job. He'll get on you but, he's also great with working with players and making them better. Can be a fiery guy. Obviously, he already knows our offense/system extremely well. I've been real impressed w/ John, I think if we want to stay in house, which would be the best option, imo...John Garrett will probably be that man.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Well, just like Jason, he's a Princeton grad and former player in the NFL. Jason's younger brother ; He's a very intelligent person, who possesses an excellent personality. He's currently our TE coach and in charge of whipping Bennett into shape and he has done a fine job. He'll get on you but, he's also great with working with players and making them better. Can be a fiery guy. Obviously, he already knows our offense/system extremely well. I've been real impressed w/ John, I think if we want to stay in house, which would be the best option, imo...John Garrett will probably be that man.
          Interesting...

BTW, I posted some Magic news in the NBA thread. ;)

Comment

• So, Ocho Cinco is talking trash again. I hope we destroy the Bengals, we need a great win to forget the Redskins game and get back on track.

But this quote from Chad was funny :D

"Let me tell you, I don't mean to be funny ... I'm not tried to be rude or piss anybody off, but if I was in Dallas, they would have to change all of our damn games to pay-per-view because you need to pay to see that [beep]. I'm serious. I'm so serious. They would have to put all the games on pay-per-view. Because you can't just watch a show like that for free; 81 and 85? Come on, now. Please."
            Last edited by Modano; 10-02-2008, 03:08 AM.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• I can't wait for the day when Chad dons a Cowboys jersey.

Comment

• From WP press conference yesterday.

I think we will get Montrae Holland in this week, I said we hope to last week, but we will this week. He won't start, Cory Procter will start.
                Finally.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                  From WP press conference yesterday.

Finally.
                  so if proctor is starting, how is montrae holland going to get on the field?

1st and goal at the 1?

Comment

• Originally posted by cowboyz View Post
                    so if proctor is starting, how is montrae holland going to get on the field?

1st and goal at the 1?
                    I'm sure he'll jump in for a series or two.

Comment

• He could play in garbage time if it's a blowout or there is a possibility that both will start because, Gurode has an ankle injury and has been missing practice.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by johnstonolb
                        We have time to grow and learn but I think what irks many a critical fan is the inability to overcome the same problems that have proved fatal in years past.

Secondarily, the fact our HC and Staff seem content in mediocrity rubs the wrong way. Wade's comments make you feel like he demands very little from the players or his coaches -- ho-hum all is well. 13-3 is GREAT ... even if we are the first 1 seed to lose in the first round.

We need time to integrate players -- particularly in teh secondary but we also need coaches to step up and admit they are failing at key tasks.

I mean, how merciless where the fans with Parcells over his not changing schemes to benefit players?????? How he was so rigid, etc.

Well Wade seems like an Ostrich in comparison. At least Parcells looked like death warmed over after a loss and seemed to work the team harder.
                        If Parcells had done anything in his tenure better then Wade has done. Then you can argue his merit's. But he never had a regular season record that Wade ever had. He never had his team playing at a level where anything stood out. And he didn't win a playoff game either.

Maybe Wade isn't the answer. But I don't see anything to suggest that Parcells was either(not that I'm not thankful for him bringing us back from the depths)...

Anyone get the feeling that Romo is a product of his offensive coordinator... Garrett has had about 3-4 games in which he's gone into throw/throw/throw mode and completely abandoned the run... Or as I like to call it. The bonehead play. While Romo seems to now be criticised mercilessly for it every other game.

The Bonehead play... Passed down from Coordinator to Quarterback since 1892...

Anyways onto the Bengals game. Would love to see a perfect offensive gameplan this week. I'm talking 8 yards per attempt for Romo, 80+ completion percentage... 5.1 YPC for Barber... and Felix with about 90 yards of combined offence on 4 catches and 7 carries...

T.O pulling down 10+ absolutely PERFECT plays for 3 TD's...

63-0

But that's unrealistic so I will go back to just hoping for a bounceback win... Get back on track for that homefield advantage.

Comment

• Originally posted by shane_man View Post
                          If Parcells had done anything in his tenure better then Wade has done. Then you can argue his merit's. But he never had a regular season record that Wade ever had. He never had his team playing at a level where anything stood out. And he didn't win a playoff game either. Maybe Wade isn't the answer. But I don't see anything to suggest that Parcells was either(not that I'm not thankful for him bringing us back from the depths)... Anyone get the feeling that Romo is a product of his offensive coordinator... Garrett has had about 3-4 games in which he's gone into throw/throw/throw mode and completely abandoned the run... Or as I like to call it. The bonehead play. While Romo seems to now be criticised mercilessly for it every other game.The Bonehead play... Passed down from Coordinator to Quarterback since 1892... Anyways onto the Bengals game. Would love to see a perfect offensive gameplan this week. I'm talking 8 yards per attempt for Romo, 80+ completion percentage... 5.1 YPC for Barber... and Felix with about 90 yards of combined offence on 4 catches and 7 carries... T.O pulling down 10+ absolutely PERFECT plays for 3 TD's... 63-0But that's unrealistic so I will go back to just hoping for a bounceback win... Get back on track for that homefield advantage.
                          I don't think I was defending either coach in his role at Dallas. What I was pointing out was, that fans are upset b/c the team continues to keep making the same mistakes whether it be Wade or BP. It seems, however, few to date are drawing any comparisons. Here are some:

1) Not putting D players in a position to get it done
                          2) Playing conservative D
                          3) Bad O game plans when it counts
                          4) Penalties
                          5) Lack of toughness in big games
                          6) Can't match high intensity teams

This was what folks said in 2006 and looks much the same in 2007/8. Hope we smite the bungles.

Comment

He could play in garbage time if it's a blowout or there is a possibility that both will start because, Gurode has an ankle injury and has been missing practice.
                            Gurode, even if he's listed as questionable, said he's good to go. Watkins is out and Davis/Brown will replace him. Newman was added to the IR as questionable with a groin injury. Anderson might be back, he's listed as probable.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Newman is now a game time decision because of his groin.

Comment

• No comments from the folks today? Hey, at least we did not give up huge passing plays for the most part.

Mark me down for the Stewart and Wade need to go camp. This team has talent and we just get very very little from it IMHO. At least Garrett learned his lesson from last week and protected his D with the running game -- even with our 2 Quarter lapse in intensity. Were is our pass rush this year? It is worse than last.

Another thing bothering me is Jones and his TO comments. I mean, Jesus, you are undermining the entire team with the comments about him getting the ball. No GM does this -- it also shows up the QB you just paid 60MM too when he does not get TO the ball. Last I check QB is the most important position on the field Mr Jones. We can all see Romo is having issues with his D reads and the turnovers but putting gasoline in the TO "more balls for me" tank is not productive.

Next week will certainly be very interesting. This is usually a cake walk for us playing in front of nearly home crowd but these Cards are pretty damn good.... and they can score points in the air. Are we going to come out ready to kill or thinking the star on the helmets are enuff?

But hey, 4-1 beats the "most talented team in the NFL" 2-3 Chargers.
                                Last edited by johnstonolb; 10-05-2008, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information