Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is a name for NT which we can get ... Gabe Watson. He has been injured but with him and Branch the Cards have some decisions to make. Use some of those picks as compensation.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
      Here is a name for NT which we can get ... Gabe Watson. He has been injured but with him and Branch the Cards have some decisions to make. Use some of those picks as compensation.
      Do we really need another NT? Ratliff and Tank have been doing pretty good. I'd love a big space-eater in there, but who would you want to release to make space for him?

Comment

• Originally posted by FinChase View Post
        Do we really need another NT? Ratliff and Tank have been doing pretty good. I'd love a big space-eater in there, but who would you want to release to make space for him?
        How about Courtney "allergic to contact" Brown?

Comment

• I'm sleepy and about to crash but just some quick game thoughts:

- Adam Jones did miss a few more picks, but honestly how many of our DB's are even getting their hands on the ball to make plays? I haven't seen anyone else get any deflections, and I'm pretty sure at the end of the year those deflections turn into turnovers, I'm not discouraged by dropping a few easy ones like some may be, he's getting better every game and with Newman flopping this year so far were lucky to have him.

- Ratliff is our best defensive player, that is all.

- Romo needs to get the turnovers under control, I'm telling you it's going to cost us in the playoffs, nothing wrong with a few picks here and there going for a big play but all of these turnovers have been plays that didn't need to be made.

- There is no reason what so ever Felix shouldn't touch the ball 10-15 times each game no ifs, ands, or buts about it...Still pissed he didn't get a touch last week.

- I do not like our coaching either, definately not playing our best ball or the best ball we could play, on defense were just flat out not creating enough turnovers and that won't cut it...We should have more INT's, FF's, sacks, we have the defenders and corners to get after the QB and be aggressive yet I haven't seen it, I hope we get Capers next off-season because it's frustrating to watch right now.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

No comments from the folks today? Hey, at least we did not give up huge passing plays for the most part.

Mark me down for the Stewart and Wade need to go camp. This team has talent and we just get very very little from it IMHO. At least Garrett learned his lesson from last week and protected his D with the running game -- even with our 2 Quarter lapse in intensity. Were is our pass rush this year? It is worse than last.

Another thing bothering me is Jones and his TO comments. I mean, Jesus, you are undermining the entire team with the comments about him getting the ball. No GM does this -- it also shows up the QB you just paid 60MM too when he does not get TO the ball. Last I check QB is the most important position on the field Mr Jones. We can all see Romo is having issues with his D reads and the turnovers but putting gasoline in the TO "more balls for me" tank is not productive.

Next week will certainly be very interesting. This is usually a cake walk for us playing in front of nearly home crowd but these Cards are pretty damn good.... and they can score points in the air. Are we going to come out ready to kill or thinking the star on the helmets are enuff?

But hey, 4-1 beats the "most talented team in the NFL" 2-3 Chargers.
            yeah, I don't know why, but Stewart isn't using his defenders' strenghts. He's not putting them in a position where they can be more effective. Wade needs to take the command of this defense.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• D, I took those two pictures from the game just for you :D

Now I definately agree with you, Ocho Cinco is gonna be a cowboy. The question is: is this gonna happen this year? Or in the offseason?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Okay about the game...

Garrett f'ed up again. 23 rushes to 12 passes in the 1st half? Talk about going from one extreme to the other. He failed to get Tony and the receivers in a rhythm. We've all seen Tony play a billion times...he tends to get stronger as games wear on and he needs attempts to find that rhythm. He should never finish w/ 23 passes. We may have looked good on the ground but, that is not our game, we ran too much.

We have a major problem right now w/ Tony and Owens. They are def. not on the same page and Owens is playing pissed off and is constantly pouting/crying, that isnt helping anyone. Tony on the other hand looks to be playing scared. I think the turnovers and T.O. are getting to him because, he doesnt look like himself at all. He doesnt look like he is having any fun anymore and he was holding onto that ball way too long and trying to throw everything low so he wouldnt throw ints. Again, that is not his game...he needs to go out there and be that backyard QB that we've seen in the past...that is him at his best. He cant be afraid to throw picks because, when he is over protective w/ the ball...our passing game wont do anything. Offensive demeanor...wayyyyyyyyyy down right now. They desperatley need a big game.

Miles and Crayton didnt do ANYTHING yesterday. Miles was open literally once the entire game and Crayton finally gets open and drops a reception....again. Yes, it was bad throw by Tony but, def. a catchable ball. Seriously, what's making me more mad is that Hurd rots away on the bench...if Miles and Pat arent getting open, put Hurd in because, those two just disappear for most of the game.

Kick off team looked like garbage. Thank god for Burnett.

Greg Ellis and Bradie James looked good out there. Both were playing fast and Ellis was getting off the line very quickly.

Ratliff is the best player on the defense...it's as easy as that. Ware is the most talented but, he really hasnt done all that much this year. His stats are a fallacy, all of hsi sacks come in garbage time. Ratliff on the other hand, is getting through double teams and constantly making plays. Guy is an absolute stud and will be going to his first Pro Bowl this season.

Secondary...

Hamlin's hands suck...he drops a good int a game. Nice to see him making plays but come on, go work on those hands.

Adam played a great game, especially in the 1st half. You can see he is really starting to get his confidence back, very nice to see.

Davis filled in pretty nicely yesterday...not many complaints there.

Back to offense....

Felix is the truth...how's that crow taste? :D lol. Now there is no reason at all not to get him involved. He is quickly becoming one of the most dangerous players in the NFL. He can score on any play...I'm actually surprised he only had one td, he almost broke a few other big ones as well. Like to add that he ran very hard yesterday, he was not going down easy and he was fighting for every yard, I love this guy.

Marion is getting too many carries. (when we actually do get him involved) I know Marion doesnt care about wearing down but, he is not going to continue to be effective w/ such a huge workload. Take away a couple long runs and Marion didnt do much on the ground. Garrett needs to protect him atleast a little bit and needs to find a good balance. We are a pass to run team...stop changing the dynamic of the offense by going all pass to all run...BALANCE. Garrett is really hurting us right now.
                Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 10-06-2008, 07:22 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                KO KNOWS

Comment

• Well, the more we keep saying TO needs a big game the worse this becomes. Face it, it is a bottomless pit. Frankly, I will take yesterday every week if the D could play a little better and the O could cut out the turnovers.

With respect to the WR, Romo is missing lots of receivers and seems zoned on Witten and TO. TO was open a few times yesterday. Crayton is a natural slot and was open a bunch. Austin is open lots too. He is simply missing them.

Also would be nice if Garrett called a play every so often for the #1 option to be someone other than Witten or TO just to get them in the flow. Fact is Crayton and Austin are not getting many looks. They are out there jogging and the ball is not being spread around b/c the entire stadium know only two guys get real looks unless Romo is desperate to avoid a sack.

MISTAKE GARRETT.

On Romo, from what I see, Romo's new emphasis on being Tom Brady is a big change for him. He is not seeing the field like he did last year and is throwing up some horrible passes into bad spots when he feels pressure. This play will not win us a playoff game. Sorry.

The fumbling while running around IN THE POCKET with one hand on the ball does not help. I can see one hand if you plan on taking off downfield but in the pocket always keep two hands on the ball. This is an important mechanical adjustment for a fumble prone QB.

Face it guys -- we MAY have a modern day David Krieg unless he steps up his awareness and on field maturity. I hope to god I am dead wrong but these are the images I am getting.

Comment

• Felix almost broke my ankles yesterday on a 4th Q run. Smooth runner. I will admit to being scared off by his relatively weak combine but he is simply a football player.

Comment

• Re-watching the game...Miles was barely ever open. Then he had that easy one bounce right off his hands. He disappeared last week as well for most of the game...his route running is poor, he just doesnt get any seperation unless he's running a fly or a deep slant/post.

As for Romo...he is trying to get too Tom Brady. He needs to play his way...yes, there will be turnovers but, when he doesnt play like himself...our offense doesnt do anything. He's playing scared and unconfident...he is trying way too hard not to throw picks but again, that's not him. Believe it or not, he is at his best when he has that screw it, I'm throwing it mentality.

and I'll say it again...Garrett's playcalling has been garbage. Outside of the plays he dials up for Felix. His timing was excellent with those yesterday...but normally, it's either all pass or all run. Yesterday, the passing game had no chance to get in a rhythm...and our offense needs that. We had this same problem last year....sometimes it seems as though Garrett doesnt have a clue.
                      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 10-06-2008, 10:51 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Felix almost broke my ankles yesterday on a 4th Q run. Smooth runner. I will admit to being scared off by his relatively weak combine but he is simply a football player.
                        He actually had a good combine, he just didnt run a good 40. Shuttle and 3 cone he timed very nicely. He also caught everything there and in his private workouts.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            Re-watching the game...Miles was barely ever open. Then he had that easy one bounce right off his hands. He disappeared last week as well for most of the game...his route running is poor, he just doesnt get any seperation unless he's running a fly or a deep slant/post.

As for Romo...he is trying to get too Tom Brady. He needs to play his way...yes, there will be turnovers but, when he doesnt play like himself...our offense doesnt do anything. He's playing scared and unconfident...he is trying way too hard not to throw picks but again, that's not him. Believe it or not, he is at his best when he has that screw it, I'm throwing it mentality.

and I'll say it again...Garrett's playcalling has been garbage. Outside of the plays he dials up for Felix. His timing was excellent with those yesterday...but normally, it's either all pass or all run. Yesterday, the passing game had no chance to get in a rhythm...and our offense needs that. We had this same problem last year....sometimes it seems as though Garrett doesnt have a clue.
                            I just can't see the Austin comment at all. And with respect to getting off jams at the line cleanly, neither TO nor Austin are that type of player. These aren't Wes Welker types -- they are big physical guys who use contact to get space and speed to increase it. They don't get immeidate separation at the line.

This is why crossing routes make so much sense, also why deep patterns do also. No shock the impressive plays to either guy are on those "time to develop" routes where they build momentum and speed. We have no Marvin Harrison and frankly Romo has not proven a good rythm passer yet. This ain't Aikman to Irvin throwing Out, Curls and Slants. This is also why Stanback would have been a good option since he has that wiggle in his hips to quickly break press coverage.

With respect to the other, we agree. And furthermore on Garrett, he needs to spread the ball out to all his playmakers. We come in locked into certain guys and everyone knows it.

Script the first 15, get one pass to each of the 3-4 guys you will use. Get, MBIII and Felix in the game. By getting them in the flow and not just using them as "decoys" you get more from them later in the game. Why do you think Crayton and Austin are dropping ballz? All day running around and when it gets there the first time in the 4th Q it is like WOW, I CAN"T BELIEVE IT!

Right now, we are forcing Witten and TO way too much to have a great offense and also putting Romo in a bad spot. You can beat OK teams consistently like this but not high quality teams. Tony needs less pressure, not more. Spread the ball, run it. Even if it means forcing some plays to some of the less used guys and doing so even when you are down.
                            Last edited by johnstonolb; 10-06-2008, 11:38 AM.

Comment

He has played well but frankly I am sick of seeing the DL celebrate every stinking tackle behind the LOS.

Comment

Great picture

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information