Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think were getting too down on our team after a win. I mean it wasn't a dominating win by any means, but it's a win.

Comment

• Man I wish the Cowboys would just drop their egos and realize that they'll win games as long as they run the ball. They have the leagues best and most balanced rushing attack. Pound the football!

Comment

• I definitely don't agree with the lines you guys are pushing. Garrett called a pretty good game yesterday. Barber was doing great in the first half, they just bottled him up a little in the second. It has nothing to do with too big a workload. If we had gone away from him, the same people saying that now would be saying "WHY DID WE GET AWAY FROM BARBER, HE WAS GETTING 5 YPC IN THE FIRST HALF!!!"

Too much is made of playcalling. Last week against the Redskins I thought it was a factor. That was an extreme case, and it was actually not on Garrett at all. This week, we played a weak run D, so it makes sense to pound the ball at them. We just didn't play well consistently. You can chalk it up to coaching, players' "heart" (wtfever that means), or any number of things.

I don't think its any one thing right now. I think this is a team that needs to take some lumps. Last year was much too smooth a ride, and it showed in the playoffs. We got smacked in the mouth, and we weren't tough enough mentally, emotionally or physically to stand up to it and answer with a blow of our own. This year so far we've been smacked in the mouth in 3 different games already, and we've responded favorably twice, and the third time we got it together, but not fast enough.

I don't give a damn what the analysts or other fans say about this team anymore. I want to see a team that has passed through the fire and been hardened by it. All I want to do this year is win ~12ish games and be in position to get a bye week. I don't give a damn about style points. I know that we have the talent to not just win, but dominate any team in the league when we have our ducks in a row. I just want to see us mature in regard to our intangibles. In retrospect, Sunday's game might be viewed as one of the games that got us there.
        Originally posted by 21ST
        He was protecting his self
        Originally posted by tjsunstein
        From what? His leg?
        Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
        That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
        "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...#leavecomments

I was really interested in these comments since I tried to allude to similar earlier. Good read IMHO.

Also have an interesting read on DeMarcus not being very good this year. Again, alluding to the "not playing as well as I could."

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
            I definitely don't agree with the lines you guys are pushing. Garrett called a pretty good game yesterday. Barber was doing great in the first half, they just bottled him up a little in the second. It has nothing to do with too big a workload. If we had gone away from him, the same people saying that now would be saying "WHY DID WE GET AWAY FROM BARBER, HE WAS GETTING 5 YPC IN THE FIRST HALF!!!"

Too much is made of playcalling. Last week against the Redskins I thought it was a factor. That was an extreme case, and it was actually not on Garrett at all. This week, we played a weak run D, so it makes sense to pound the ball at them. We just didn't play well consistently. You can chalk it up to coaching, players' "heart" (wtfever that means), or any number of things.

I don't think its any one thing right now. I think this is a team that needs to take some lumps. Last year was much too smooth a ride, and it showed in the playoffs. We got smacked in the mouth, and we weren't tough enough mentally, emotionally or physically to stand up to it and answer with a blow of our own. This year so far we've been smacked in the mouth in 3 different games already, and we've responded favorably twice, and the third time we got it together, but not fast enough.

I don't give a damn what the analysts or other fans say about this team anymore. I want to see a team that has passed through the fire and been hardened by it. All I want to do this year is win ~12ish games and be in position to get a bye week. I don't give a damn about style points. I know that we have the talent to not just win, but dominate any team in the league when we have our ducks in a row. I just want to see us mature in regard to our intangibles. In retrospect, Sunday's game might be viewed as one of the games that got us there.
            I'm with you DWM. I don't mind the hardships and losses, so long as we learn from our mistakes. ...and Garrett seems to be learning.

Again... I'm not too down on Garrett as I am down on our Defense....and Brian Stewart. Our D can't contain. Can't create turnovers consistently (yesterday was lucky). Can't generate consistent pressure in the front 7. ...and our D has to be good in order to make up for Romo's risky play.
            Last edited by D-Unit; 10-06-2008, 05:25 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              I'm with you DWM. I don't mind the hardships and losses, so long as we learn from our mistakes. ...and Garrett seems to be learning.

Again... I'm not too down on Garrett as I am down on our Defense....and Brian Stewart. Our D is just too porous and our front 7 still doesn't get enough pressure on the QB.
              I hate to say this but our lack of pass rush is not scheme but players IMHO. Bowen, Canty, Spears are not one gap DE. Hatcher is also too damn big. They are either one gap DT or 2 gap DE. This whole 3-4, one gap thing has been an experiment with few dividends. I mean, what is the point if you can't get to the QB?????????

We just have a miss mash of personnel which fits no particular D scheme. We should have kept the 2 Gap (given the investment) and gone out and found a real NT and a better SS.

Anyway. At least, I think our corner play will improve dramatically as the year goes on. We really have speed and talent back there.

Comment

• Felix Jones is a marvel to watch. Great call Jerry.

Comment

Felix Jones is a marvel to watch. Great call Jerry.
                  I love him.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
                    I hate to say this but our lack of pass rush is not scheme but players IMHO. Bowen, Canty, Spears are not one gap DE. Hatcher is also too damn big. They are either one gap DT or 2 gap DE. This whole 3-4, one gap thing has been an experiment with few dividends. I mean, what is the point if you can't get to the QB?????????

We just have a miss mash of personnel which fits no particular D scheme. We should have kept the 2 Gap (given the investment) and gone out and found a real NT and a better SS.

Anyway. At least, I think our corner play will improve dramatically as the year goes on. We really have speed and talent back there.
                    Well it depends on the scheme... I actually think we might be better off going back to the 4-3. We have the players for it.

Comment

Well it depends on the scheme... I actually think we might be better off going back to the 4-3. We have the players for it.
                      I agree if we move Spears/Canty/Bowen/Johnson to DT.

Ratliff/Spencer/Ware/Ellis to DE.

Zach/Bradie to MLB.

Burnett/Carpenter/Biscuit to OLB.

Also, I would start playing some serious Cover 1 with bump and run coverage.

Comment

• So who's the better rookie CB this year? Jenkins or Scandrick?

Comment

Again... I'm not too down on Garrett as I am down on our Defense....and Brian Stewart. Our D can't contain. Can't create turnovers consistently (yesterday was lucky). Can't generate consistent pressure in the front 7. ...and our D has to be good in order to make up for Romo's risky play.
                          Didn't you see the pictures I posted on the previous page? ;)

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                            Didn't you see the pictures I posted on the previous page? ;)
                            No, I didn't. Repost?

Comment

• I'm def. low on Garrett, and Marion's stats were inflated because, of a couple long runs. We all knew we were going to run more this week but, Garrett took our passing game right out of the game....and Tony was noticeably frustrated that he wasn't getting opportunities in the game. We have a great group but, a lot of egos, they all want the ball. Garrett isnt in a favorable position, trying to keep everyone happy and he hasnt quite grasped this playcalling thing yet. He still needs work...I havent seen much of an improvement at all in calling a balanced game. Some of his playcalling as far as plays go, has been excellent but, he needs to stop with the drastic changing. We go from all pass to all run...it's not that hard, this team will be at it's best when Garrett finally learns how to call a balanced game and incorporate all our weapons. He really is hurting us right now and it's as plain as day. Luckily, he FINALLY got Felix involved this week...but, really I would like to see Marion in the 15-20 range more so than the 20+ range every week. Like or it not, he's going to wear down. He doesnt even look as strong now then he did at the beginning of the year. That's probably him feeling the ribs but, seriously you cant run him into the ground every week. We're going to need him in the long run.

I also want to add...

Our team has enough problems trying to spread the ball around between all our weapons...adding another high profile receiver ala Johnson or Roy would just be disastrous, imo. Also, have you guys been watching these two headaches, lately? They are both playing terrible and neither ever shuts their mouths. Chad and T.O. wouldnt be able to share the spotlight and Roy Williams is seriously one of the most overrated players in the game, and he has a horrible attitude. No thank you. We may very well need a receiver next year...Crayton has been fairly inconsistant and I always keep my eyes on Austin and he is still veryyy raw. So yup, we may need to address it but, there is no way I'll be happy if we add one of those two headcases.
                              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 10-06-2008, 06:20 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• I was so wrong about Felix Jones.

Im still thanking the football Gods you passed on Chris Johnson though. But Felix is the real deal.

Whats up with Anthony Spencer? He hasn't done anything this year. And I was high on him too. Sophomore slump?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information