Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did Barber get too many carries MOTH? We were going against one of the worst run D's in the league, and he didn't crack 25 carries, he needs to get his 20 carries and give Felix his 10 which equals 30 carries, if we can't figure out how to distribute the pass with that amount of carries something is wrong.

No way was that too many carries for Barber or Felix, it was just right, like what was already said I'm fine with ugly losses and such, but more concerning is our lack of turnovers we force.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      How did Barber get too many carries MOTH? We were going against one of the worst run D's in the league, and he didn't crack 25 carries, he needs to get his 20 carries and give Felix his 10 which equals 30 carries, if we can't figure out how to distribute the pass with that amount of carries something is wrong.

No way was that too many carries for Barber or Felix, it was just right, like what was already said I'm fine with ugly losses and such, but more concerning is our lack of turnovers we force.
      I'd keep Barber at about 17-20 carries a game. With his hard running style he's going to wear down at the end of the year and if you ever want to see a 2nd playoff game you'll need him to be fresh

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
        I was so wrong about Felix Jones.

Im still thanking the football Gods you passed on Chris Johnson though. But Felix is the real deal.

Whats up with Anthony Spencer? He hasn't done anything this year. And I was high on him too. Sophomore slump?
        Spencer's been hurt...this week was the first week he actually got some solid PT. He didnt really do much but, he'll be fine as he gets his legs back under him.

As for Felix...you put him on the Titans w/ all those carries Chris is getting...he'd have better numbers. Felix Jones is better than Chris Johnson. Chris will break of a lot of big runs but, he will also see long stretches where he is ineffective. Typical game for him will be loads of 2-3 yard runs and one/two big gainers. Felix looks a lot more complete out there. Granted, he's being used differently but, I def. see Felix as the superior player.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
          How did Barber get too many carries MOTH? We were going against one of the worst run D's in the league, and he didn't crack 25 carries, he needs to get his 20 carries and give Felix his 10 which equals 30 carries, if we can't figure out how to distribute the pass with that amount of carries something is wrong.

I'm saying Garrett's playcalling was horrible. We ran the ball 23 times to only 12 passes in the 1st half. We played a Steelers esque game on offense and that is not the type of offense that won us 13 games last year. We're a passing team...and you need to get those pass attempts to get the Qb/receivers in a steady rythm. You dont go from passing the ball almost 50 times one week to barely passing at all. The carries are fine but, when you ignore your passing game to get those carries is just stupid. One week he forgets to run, then the next week he forgets to pass. As for Marion, I dont like what Garrett is doing w/ him he's giving him pointless carries, you scrap the game where he ignored the running game and Marion had 28 and 23 carries in the last two. The guy is already banged up...you might want to protect him just a tad. marion can last a long time if used correctly...he doesnt need to be run into the ground w/ 25 carries per. We'll have to see where Garrett goes next week but, Marion doesnt need that many carries.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• MOTH, man, I don't know wtf is up, bro. I usually like your analysis, but I can't believe how off base you are. Too much running? Too many carries for Barber? That's a load of crap, dude. It has exactly nothing to do with carry distribution or play calling. It has to do with intensity and focus. If Dallas maintains that, we're talking about a Giants-Seahawks type score instead of what we say develop in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Our game plan and scheme were just fine. We just stopped executing because our heads (and hearts) were not in the game like they were before. We don't need to over complicate things.
            Originally posted by 21ST
            He was protecting his self
            Originally posted by tjsunstein
            From what? His leg?
            Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
            That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
            "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by bigbluedefense View Post
              I was so wrong about Felix Jones.

Im still thanking the football Gods you passed on Chris Johnson though. But Felix is the real deal.

Whats up with Anthony Spencer? He hasn't done anything this year. And I was high on him too. Sophomore slump?
              Yeah, Spencer had bone spurs removed in the pre season, then came back for the Philly game and saw his symptoms return, so we shelved him again for a few more games and yesterday was the first game he's played in which he truly looked like himself. He was one of the stars of TC before that, though. Wade Phillips even went so far as saying that at times he looked like DeMarcus. Its too bad he had the injury thing, I was very excited about him, too.

As for Felix vs. Chris Johnson, since both are in vastly different situations its impossible to compare. But I would not trade right now with them, and they wouldn't trade with me, either. Both have looked awesome. Sixes to me.
              Originally posted by 21ST
              He was protecting his self
              Originally posted by tjsunstein
              From what? His leg?
              Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
              That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
              "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Garrett gets too much heat for his play calling. He makes the right calls.

Against Washington, the Skins basically dared him to throw it 40+ times and he did. They showed him 8/8.5 in the box all game.

if youre Garrett, and you have the weapons you have, and the defense is basically begging you to throw the ball, wouldn't you do it too? it was the right call.

its not his fault Landry is so amazing that he can cover the entire field by himself, and Springs handled TO one on one until he got hurt. he made the right moves from an X and O standpoint.

Yesterday, he ran the rock. His playcalling is fine. Sometimes he might be guilty of overcoaching, but he's still a great playcaller.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
                  Yeah, Spencer had bone spurs removed in the pre season, then came back for the Philly game and saw his symptoms return, so we shelved him again for a few more games and yesterday was the first game he's played in which he truly looked like himself. He was one of the stars of TC before that, though. Wade Phillips even went so far as saying that at times he looked like DeMarcus. Its too bad he had the injury thing, I was very excited about him, too.

As for Felix vs. Chris Johnson, since both are in vastly different situations its impossible to compare. But I would not trade right now with them, and they wouldn't trade with me, either. Both have looked awesome. Sixes to me.
                  its a long season. he just needs to stay healthy for the playoffs.

his speed off the edge always gives the Giants OTs fits.

Comment

• The offense is fine... Ok, it's more than fine. It's not what is holding this team back. If there's one thing I wish Garrett would consider is not being so predictable in his playcalling.

What we need.... We need consistency from our defense. Period. We need to shut teams DOWN. We need to create turnovers. We need to be more nasty. We're struggling right now on D.

Comment

• ware is still the best defensive player. the guy is getting all the attention and still making plays.

also you can't expect stewart to run a tight coverage scheme. when they have newman/watkins/roy out.

you don't want keith davis/courtney brown being asked to play like that. jenkins/scandrick are playing well but they're no where close to being ready to handle pressure like that. especially when the dline doesn't get to the qb.

if i could wish one thing. it would be special teams play. blocking and coverage.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
                        MOTH, man, I don't know wtf is up, bro. I usually like your analysis, but I can't believe how off base you are. Too much running? Too many carries for Barber? That's a load of crap, dude. It has exactly nothing to do with carry distribution or play calling. It has to do with intensity and focus. If Dallas maintains that, we're talking about a Giants-Seahawks type score instead of what we say develop in the 2nd and 3rd quarters. Our game plan and scheme were just fine. We just stopped executing because our heads (and hearts) were not in the game like they were before. We don't need to over complicate things.
                        Garrett is really urking me, that is all. I'm not off base off at all. We are a passing team, that tends to get stronger as the game wears on...as a rythm is established. Garrett took them out of the game. Like i said, we are at our best when we play pass to run. I like the idea of getting Barber 20 and Felix 8-10+ but, the way he goes about doing that is key. Just like we abandoned the running game last week...we abandoned the passing game this week. He needs to find a balance, a way to mix things in properly. So, we can actually maintain a lethal passing attack while having a great running game. It always seems to be one or the other and that is on Garrett because, he either goes all run or pass. Running the ball twice as much as passing in the first half...is running too much. Last season we started slow in games...this is a rythm based offense through the air. Sometimes we have it right away and sometimes we dont but, we normally will need a little time to get the ball rolling and Garrett didnt give our guys the chance. We're not the Steelers/Jags/Titans etc...this team lives and dies by the pass. We can certainly get the 30+ carries for the backs but, that shouldnt come by way of forgetting about the pass. The guy needs work...that's all I'm saying. He's not that creative, fairly predictable and either really pass happy or really run happy. It's an annoyance that is indeed hurting the team. He has the potential to be great...I absolutely loved the way he finally used Felix this week. Took him forever to do so but, he found ways to get him the ball, I'll give him that. But yes, it is evident that he just needs work as a playcaller.
                        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 10-06-2008, 07:16 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• I def. agree w/ D when it comes to our D. Luckily Adam is really starting to look great out there. This next week should be an enormous test for our secondary. Well, for our defense as a whole really, if we can get a good rush, Warner will turn the ball over. Could be a scary game on the defensive end.

Our offense on the other hand should tear that defense apart.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Any idea if Boldin will play this coming week?

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                              Any idea if Boldin will play this coming week?
                              He's already been ruled out, I believe.
                              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 10-06-2008, 07:41 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• I think we need to use Felix more. I wouldn't mind seeing them rotate every other series.

It would keep opposing defenses on their toes with having to adjust to 2 completely different styles of runners and it would keep Baber a little bit more fresh.

I know he personally doesn't care about longevity and he thinks he can handle 20+ carries a game and I'm sure he could, but when Felix is giving us everything that Julius was supposed to, why not save a little gas in the tank?

Also, we need to adopt the short passing game. Garrett is great but sending T.O. deep every time isn't really working. The quick slant was back in preseason and looking nasty, but I don't think we've seen it since the eagles game on the goal line.

Defense -- I dont need to say anything other than overrated. These guys give you so much to be excited about, but just dont produce like they should.

ROMO -- Can we please get back to using some designed roll outs? I love when we used to get tony on the move early in games and let him complete short passes to get the juices flowing and warm up. Now it's this fake tom brady **** and its driving me nuts.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information