Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, Vermeil did not win more than one, either.

You don't necessarily have to be a rah-rah guy, but you sure as hell can't be perceived as being soft or undisciplined. As far as I know, only a few guys in any sport have ever won without having a reputation for discipline and toughness.

Wade just isn't that guy.
    Originally posted by 21ST
    He was protecting his self
    Originally posted by tjsunstein
    From what? His leg?
    Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
    That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
    "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
      No, Vermeil did not win more than one, either.

You don't necessarily have to be a rah-rah guy, but you sure as hell can't be perceived as being soft or undisciplined. As far as I know, only a few guys in any sport have ever won without having a reputation for discipline and toughness.

Wade just isn't that guy.
      I can find a lot of "soft" coaches that are good ones. We can't also judge a good coach only for the number of his rings because winning the SB is a matter not only of coaching but talent, lucky, episodes etc.
      If it weren't for David Tyree miracolous catch Coughlin wouldn't have won the SB. If it weren't for the tuck rule Bellichick wouldn't have won 3 rings. Etc... On the other hand Dungy won 1 ring but he should have won 2 if it weren't for Vanderjagt and a miracolous tackle by Roethlisberger, and Dungy sure is as laid-back as Wade. Lovie Smith took a team with no offense (and it wasn't his fault that Grossman was his QB) to the SB.
      Personally I hate the rah-rah approach. I'm a coach myself and I think that a good coach isn't the one who screams at his players but the one who can understands them who knows how to talk to them.
      But I do believe is a matter of opinion. Anyway...

The Giants got destroyed by the Browns, so that makes our loss even worse. With all the injuries, this team has its back against the wall. Time for the defense to step up, time to try some of the Giants medicine: resiliency.
      The next 4-5 weeks will define our season. If we can win 2 or 3 of these games I think we get our confidence back and go all the way to the SB.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Does anyone know how many Aussie superboots were sent over during the offseason this year. We normally send one or two... And they have proven to be reasonably good kickers. Sav Rocca for the Eagles. Ben Graham was pretty good for the Jets before he was ditched this year.

Comment

• God ******* damnit!

Adam Jones is suspended for at least 4 games

Comment

• Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
            God ******* damnit!

Adam Jones is suspended for at least 4 games
            ...This week keeps getting better and better.

Comment

• This is really getting ridiculous... It's almost a media conspiracy now.

Mosley:

I know this loss to the Browns will cause panic in some circles, but a team's going to have one or two howlers a season. Get it out of the way early. (Giants)

This team didn't suddenly get bad overnight. I think they'll bounce back against a surging Browns team. (Redskins)

Remember when we thought this was the best team in the league? Seems so long ago now. (Cowboys)

And these teams are what? Tied and a half game apart... Jesus

Comment

• http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3643295

ESPN is reporting that the Cowboys are actively vying for Detroit WR Roy Williams. Currently the Cowboys are offering a first round pick, yet the Lions are asking for more

Comment

• Just take the first lions...goodness..

Comment

• Two seconds for Roy Williams ESPN/Ed Werder

EDIT: Schefter says first/third/sixth
                    Last edited by Im_a_Romosexual; 10-14-2008, 04:19 PM.

Comment

• Being sloppy and undisciplined not only leads to losses it leads to injuries.

I have followed the NFL and have never seen a week like this for a team.

1) Your star WR is crying on the sidelines
                      2) Your All Pro Bowl CB is hurt and playing like a scrub
                      3) Your troubled CB goes partying, gets drunk and into a fight.
                      4) Your QB is allegedly depressed.
                      5) Your OC/GM/HC are polishing the star WR apple in the media to boost his fragile ego
                      6) Opening KO -- TD!
                      7) You get three possessions in opponent territory and ZERO points
                      8) Your QB gets injured b/c the OL is playing sloppy.
                      9) Same QB is a turnover machine
                      10) Your Punter gets his foot broken b/c your S/T can't block.
                      11) You achieve another NFL first in "ways to lose" -- a Wade specialty it seems (e.g., first team to lose in first round, first team punt block in OT, music city miracle ...)
                      12) Your star CB gets suspended as a result of his fight.

All can be fixed, very early in the year but really, a little leadership is required here to get past this.

Do we really have leadership on this team?

Is there anyone with the mental fortitude and heart to will this back together?
                      Last edited by johnstonolb; 10-14-2008, 04:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
                        Two second for Roy Williams ESPN/Ed Werder
                        Like putting great tires on a 1985 Chevy Malibu at this point. Roy Williams is nice but not the answer if our OC/HC/GM and QB are held hostage by TO's ego. With that said, Roy Williams addition makes TO a little more disposable if he continues to spiral into Narcissus.

On paper, wow, but we were already explosive on paper yet could not execute properly. But, just like Pacman, you gotta say yes and roll the dice if the cost is ok.

Personally, I would have preferred a NT from somewhere instead and maybe someone to replace Bradie James. Get Ratliff to DE. Get Bradie to bench.

Well, if this doesn't prove Jones is the Steinbrenner of football ..... no trust in internal guys developing, always loves a big name, willing to wheel and deal without regard to money.
                        Last edited by johnstonolb; 10-14-2008, 04:45 PM.

Comment

• We gave up a 1,3 and 6 for Roy Williams and their 7. I'm not sure I'm happy about this or not.

Comment

• OMG, Galloway II

Comment

• looks like there are going to be two Roy Williamses on the Cowboys. Middle names on their jerseys?

Comment

• Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
                                Being sloppy and undisciplined not only leads to losses it leads to injuries.

I have followed the NFL and have never seen a week like this for a team.

1) Your star WR is crying on the sidelines
                                Please don't be an ass. He was crying because he lost a friend.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information