Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wonder how pissed off Crayton is. He is one of our cockiest players who certainly has a pretty big ego. I liked that he was trying to rally the troops this week but, now he just lost his starting job. Obviously, he's better in the slot but, once you get a taste of starting this could cause a few problems.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      I wonder how pissed off Crayton is. He is one of our cockiest players who certainly has a pretty big ego. I liked that he was trying to rally the troops this week but, now he just lost his starting job. Obviously, he's better in the slot but, once you get a taste of starting this could cause a few problems.
      I would hope his less than stellar play this season has taken his ego down a notch this year. He's had more than a few big drops this year

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        I wonder how pissed off Crayton is. He is one of our cockiest players who certainly has a pretty big ego. I liked that he was trying to rally the troops this week but, now he just lost his starting job. Obviously, he's better in the slot but, once you get a taste of starting this could cause a few problems.
        I thought about that, wondered how much he would embrace Roy when he gets here...Either way as a player it should only motivate you to play harder, Crayton got his deal not long ago but he knows he's not a game changing WR...He plays well out of the slot anyway.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Wouldnt it have just been smarter to sign WR Randy Moss (to replace Glenn)and OG Alan Faneca (to replace Kosier) back in March or is that just me?

Plus, we would still have our draft picks. Oh well, things should be interesting come Sunday against the Rams.

Comment

• Jerry was staying true to his young receivers (Terry Glenn was also still in the mix) and Kosier was never really a major problem, he's been solid and now he is missed.

The deal w/ the Wrs now, though...Hurd is now out for the year and Stanback is still far too raw to contribute.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
            KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by BackwoodsBoy View Post
              Are you guys going to have enough money to keep Sam Hurd, Miles Austin, Chris Canty and all the 437 draft picks you have this year?
              How about now?

Comment

• This is our draft picks situation, via the DMN

ROUND ONE (0)

To Detroit for Roy Williams

ROUND TWO (1)

Dallas

ROUND THREE (1)

To Detroit for Roy Williams

Cleveland (Acquired in 2008 Draft Day trade: for Detroit 2008 R4 pick)

ROUND FOUR (2)

Dallas

Detroit (Acquired in 2008 Draft Day trade: for Dallas 2008 R3 pick)

ROUND 5 (2)

Dallas

Tennessee (As a result of Adam Jones 2nd suspension)

ROUND 6 (1)

To Detroit for Roy Williams (Tennessee contingency cancelled as a result of Adam Jones 2nd suspension)

Miami (Acquired in 2008 Ferguson Trade)

ROUND 7 (2)

Dallas

Detroit (Acquired in Roy Williams trade)

Considering that Detroit has a very good chance to be #1 on the board we basically have another 3rd rounder and another 6th.
                We're gonna get some compensatory picks for Julius Jones and Jacques Reeves. Reeves is a starter in Houston so I think we'll get a 7th. If Julius can put up decent number we can get a 5th.

So, we already used our 1st rounder for a WR who can start immediately and we have a lot of picks to move up if we need it. Not bad...

Anyway, Favre called Romo to offer his support.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3643335

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• From the DMN

In his weekly stop with The Ticket's Dunham & Miller, Wade Phillips said Romo would throw in practice today and his status could be re-evaluated. At least that is what I think Phillips said while dodging most of the questions, supplying non-answers. He's really good at that.

Maybe Romo can get back earlier than we expect...

In Bob We Trust

Comment

• I really hope we get something for JJ, but who knows, somebody might cancel that pick out...LOL I really did get a laugh out of seeing us have 2 extra picks because Adam Jones screwed up, it really does suck but the deal was incredible, I don't understand how Tennessee was ok giving picks back if he gets suspended, and we can still keep him after that if we want.

Looking at our picks its a good chance we still move up in the 2nd if we see somebody we want to make sure we get, or maybe we play the trade back game again to stockpile for next year...We have two 4th rounders and two 5ths, we all know what type of talent we can get in those middle rounds, I would be cool just staying where we are and picking in those rounds and find a few steals.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

Looking at our picks its a good chance we still move up in the 2nd if we see somebody we want to make sure we get, or maybe we play the trade back game again to stockpile for next year...We have two 4th rounders and two 5ths, we all know what type of talent we can get in those middle rounds, I would be cool just staying where we are and picking in those rounds and find a few steals.
                      I agree. You all don't have too many glaring holes that can't be addressed in the mid to late rounds.

Comment

• I just saw Roy interview on the Cowboys site. He looks like a good guy, he wasn't cocky, he wants to get the playbook as soon as possible and help this team.

In Bob We Trust

Comment

• Did anyone see the bit about Favre calling Romo? It was an interesting tidbit. I think Brett wanted to encourage Tony to play through this, if possible. I can't see how this could be any worse than when Brett broke his thumb.

Brett also said that he feels that Tony is a top 5 player in the NFL, regardless of position. High praise from one of the best to ever play.
                          Originally posted by 21ST
                          He was protecting his self
                          Originally posted by tjsunstein
                          From what? His leg?
                          Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                          That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                          "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Didn't Brett play like crap when he had a broken finger on his throwing hand?

Comment

• Question - why can't the Roy trade be like Moss going to the Pats last year? Disgruntled star WR on a losing (and incompetent) team.. traded to a team he's always wanted to play for..

Granted, our starting QB is gone for several weeks and RW is not RM, but I still have a good feeling about the trade overall.

Comment

• Another Injury

Add LB Kevin Burnett, who plays in nickel and dime situations and leads the team in special teams tackles, to the Cowboys' lengthy injury list.

Burnett is sitting out practice and has a protective boot on his left foot. We'll let you know when we know more about his injury.
                                Not really surprising that Burnett is hurt...again.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information