Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, if we go 9-0 the rest of the season we will be in good shape but right now we are 2-3 in the NFC and playing like a 3-13 team.

This team what built to get out in front and get to January. Well, right now we are in a dog fight by losing to the softest teams on the schedule.

Time will tell but given the trajectory, the personalities and recent past of the team I have no earthly idea why anyone would be positive or not worried. The light at the end of the tunnel sometimes is a train.....
    Last edited by johnstonolb; 10-20-2008, 03:00 PM.

Comment

• The next two weeks are going to be key for our season.

Comment

• Looks like Wade may soon relieve Stewart of playcalling duties and he will take over the playcalling.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          Looks like Wade may soon relieve Stewart of playcalling duties and he will take over the playcalling.
          I would be glad to see that if it comes to fruition. Wade has always been a better coordinator than HC. The reason why I welcomed his arrival in the first place was because of the job he did as DC and the schemes he brought. When he gave that up to Stewart, he essentially gave up the main thing that made me excited with his arrival in the first place. Where is that attacking 3-4 versus Parcells' passive 3-4?

I like Wade. He's a really nice guy. But he's not the guy for this team. He should've been hired as DC. As a DC, his personality works great especially under a stern disciplinarian type head coach because he can keep his troops cool and loose on the down low. As a HC, he just doesn't instill enough discipline in his team. He's a players coach and the team Jerry has built doesn't have strong player leadership. Adding a player like Zach Thomas helps, but no one can expect him to be a leader from Day 1. He said so himself, that he's just trying to fit in.

Perhaps what this team needs more than anything is for Tony Romo to take more leadership. Right now, he tries to avoid it. Every time he addresses the media, he down plays victories, or just says, "Hey, we got beat by the better team today." I don't see remorse and then the drive to do better on his part. I don't see him taking guys under his wing, making his teammates feel like brothers. Maybe I'm overplaying it a bit. I dunno. I just know he needs to step up in a big way. Right now he's just a Steve Beuerlein ... he needs to take the next step to be a Troy Aikman.

Comment

• I'm not calling it quits on the season, or saying were in over our heads, but we still played like total crap, I can take a loss, but the way we lost just shouldn't happen with the amount of talent we have, and the amount of money our coaches make, we deserve to catch a ****storm from the media this week to see how mentally tough we are when things don't go our way.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Aikman was the man since HS. Always was, like Elway, Peyton. Natural leaders and always the big dog in the room.

Tony, however, is the product of a series of smart coaching choices but he needs to move past this and be the guy telling everyone else what to do.

Like telling TO, ball goes to single coverage or telling Garrett, audibling to run the damn ball or sending Bennett to the bench after a mistake. Some guys just have that moxie and brains.

Tony has all the ability but not the ego. He needs to grow that ego.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
                Aikman was the man since HS. Always was, like Elway, Peyton. Natural leaders and always the big dog in the room.

Tony, however, is the product of a series of smart coaching choices but he needs to move past this and be the guy telling everyone else what to do.

Like telling TO, ball goes to single coverage or telling Garrett, audibling to run the damn ball or sending Bennett to the bench after a mistake. Some guys just have that moxie and brains.

Tony has all the ability but not the ego. He needs to grow that ego.
                I'd actually like to see Garrett let the reigns go a little and let Tony call more audibles at the line.

Comment

• The way I feel right now, and the way I see the season panning out, is us losing our next two, going into full collapse, pulling out 1 BS win somewhere in the middle, and then winning our last 3 games of the season in dominating fashion to finish 8-8.

Then at the end everyone will be saying "Why couldn't we play like this earlier when we still had a chance?"

and the answer will be that there was no pressure on us at the end of the season and guys were just able to play. No leaders right now, everyone is playing scared and tentative.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    I'd actually like to see Garrett let the reigns go a little and let Tony call more audibles at the line.
                    I think you and I are saying the same thing -- my only small difference to yur post is I think TONY needs to demand it.

Rather ask for forgiveness than for permission.

Comment

• Here's a couple of my observations.

Defense:

-It appears from what I am reading that Wade is going to simplify the scheme and turn the guys lose a bit more and allow them to make plays. Some of them have said they may be "thinking" too much out there. This could be a real key.

-Aggression...I know I'm not breaking news here, but he has to turn these guys lose and let them run around and make plays. We've been playing a bend and don't break philosophy on defense. The problem is that we bend and then break. At least turn the guys lose, play more man outside, and allow them to be aggressive and try to force a bad decision. At least if you're going to break, give your guys a chance to make a play.

Offense

-Formations & TO...As someone else stated earlier, we haven't been putting TO in motion much. We must get back to moving him around.

-I've also noticed that we are using the shotgun much more this year. Once you get in the shotgun, you are telling the defense you are going to pass about 90% of the time. Sure, you can run that little lead draw, but that really doesn't fool anyone. Put Romo back undercenter and force the defense to respect the run and pass.

-Last year we started games passing to set up the run. Remember last year how we would go after teams and pass their butts off and then wear them out with Barber in the 2nd half. It seems now that Garrrett has forced the issue of getting the running game going earlier. Not saying that's necessarily the wrong thing, but it goes against the identity that this offense established early last year. I think they need to get back to winging the ball around in the first half. Start the game going for the jugular, especially now that we have added another weapon! I just don't see the moxy that this offense & Garrett had early last year and I think it's a direct result of changing what they were doing that made them so explosive.
                      Last edited by Macarthur; 10-21-2008, 03:16 PM.
                      In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Romo is out until after the bye. That's what he said on T.O.'s radio show tonight.

I'll be surprised if we win either of the next 2 games.

Of course ill be watching with my fingers crossed, nervous as hell and pretending like everything will go right and we'll win -- but I'll be surprised.

Comment

• Who thinks we can win these next two games vs Tampa Bay and the Giants without Romo? I don't, sorry but I don't think we will get past either team, I will root and cheer and hope it happens, but judging what I've seen the last month hard to feel confident...If Romo was out there that's one thing, but with Brad at QB we just HAVE to play defense to win, the same defense that has just been "good enough" forever to win games, won't be good enough with BJ out there and us scoring 17-20 points a game.

That's probably what our team needs, a game where our defense steps up and wins the game for us, but who knows...I certainly know if we don't look competitive vs Tampa somebody is going to lose their job.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• If we lose two in a row, we are done.

Maybe/Possibly/Hopefully/Finally, this offseason we rebuild from the inside out than the other way around...... not like this has not been on the radar for over 2 years ....

NT
                            ILB
                            Guards
                            Back-Up QB
                            Safeties

We are talented and have over spent on the edge of the field. Interior, not so much.

Comment

• I believe our team's rebuilding efforts have taken a turn in the wrong direction.

The Roy Williams contract will negatively affect us in some way. His addition was a luxury. Our offense really wasn't a problem. All you need is 2 things to win in the NFL.

1) A strong running game
                              2) A stingy defense

Sure teams can win with other formulas, but this method is the most effective (cost wise and winning wise).

We got the running game. I think it's better than ever. The defense is almost there, it just needs a little more attention. The problem I feel is that I think it's a philosophical problem. I think the team thinks that they don't need a 2 gap NT. I think they like Ratliff there. So therein lies my worry.

Get the NT... that'll eliminate the need to address pressure from the DE position (by moving Ratliff to the outside). Beef up the talent at ILB or develop our young ILBs. We do that, and I think we can really have a chance at a SB.

Oh... and not let Garrett get so pass happy when he starts to feel the game pressure.

Comment

• Did you guys just quit running the ball? I hope this trend continues when you face Tampa.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information