Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I think we are obviously missing Sparano. But that's just me...

    Comment


    • Originally posted by shane_man View Post
      I think we are obviously missing Sparano. But that's just me...
      He should have been the HC but alas he was/is a BP guy so that automatically disqualified him for HC as well as the OC job.

      Fact is, he was demoted after Parcells left -- in spite of the fact he ran the 4th best Offense in 2006 with a ******** Bledsoe and rookie Romo.

      Imagine what he could have done with David Lee had Jones had more foresight instead of ego? With the on field talent AND SOME MATURITY FROM ROMO, we could have been as good as the Pats.

      Instead Lee flees to AK for one year, then rejoins Sparano as QB coach in Miami. Haley is running the Cardinals O and we are left with boy "not so" genius Garrett and Sherm Edwards polishing TO's johnson.

      Jason is talented and bright but was pulled up way too fast by an owner who is more interested in getting credit for being a football guy then being simply a great Owner (which he is).
      Last edited by johnstonolb; 10-23-2008, 09:41 AM.

      Comment


      • BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...I bet you Giants fans were saying pretty much the same things as we are right now last year. Other than than the QB injury, their team was playing fairly the same way we are right now. Let's face it, the teams that are the hottest in the second half of the season tend to win it all.

        With all the parity in the league, we can easily right this ship and have a good season.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
          With all the parity in the league, we can easily right this ship and have a good season.
          Sure can. Possible.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
            BLAH, BLAH, BLAH, BLAH...I bet you Giants fans were saying pretty much the same things as we are right now last year. Other than than the QB injury, their team was playing fairly the same way we are right now. Let's face it, the teams that are the hottest in the second half of the season tend to win it all.

            With all the parity in the league, we can easily right this ship and have a good season.
            That's all that matters anyway, I would love to see us make the playoffs as a wildcard team and were finally playing our best ball going into the playoffs smoking hot, I'll even take being on the road every game...If the last wild card spot in the NFC has 7 losses I think we will be fine, certainly we need to right the ship but even if we lose these next 2 we can still make a run when Tony is back.

            It would really help if we could just win one game with Brad though so pressure isn't on the team to win every game the 2nd half of the season.





            Originally posted by Scott Wright
            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

            Comment


            • The difference between this team and the Giants is that they had a hard nosed coached who challenged them. They had leaders like Strahan who called guys out in a constructive way. The weren't full of themselves. The didn't feel entitled to anything.

              We have a coach who IS STILL blowing sunshine up peoples asses, a D-coordinator who has been demoted yet pulled a page out of Wades book and said "We're still ranked 11 in defense" as if that means anything. We have no leader to step up and challenge people other than T.O. and some players on this team still act like they're entitled to victories because the personality of this fat coach rubs off on them.

              I'm sorry guys, but the only way this gets turned around is if some of the players take a leadership role like they have failed to do over the past 2 years and right the ship themselves.

              Wade is holding us back, not as much with his defense as he is with his personality.

              So until we have "players only meetings" and guys like D-ware, Witten, Tony, Barber rallying the troop on their own, we aren't doing a damn thing.

              Edit: Is it pathetic that I feel the cowboys need to hire a "team motivator" to come in with bulletin board material and intense pre game speeches to get this team at the intensity level it needs to be?
              Last edited by Burns336; 10-23-2008, 01:45 PM.

              Comment


              • Amazing what worry can do to a bunch of potato couches.

                Chill out guys. Our season isn't over yet despite what you think.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                  The difference between this team and the Giants is that they had a hard nosed coached who challenged them. They had leaders like Strahan who called guys out in a constructive way. The weren't full of themselves. The didn't feel entitled to anything.

                  We have a coach who IS STILL blowing sunshine up peoples asses, a D-coordinator who has been demoted yet pulled a page out of Wades book and said "We're still ranked 11 in defense" as if that means anything. We have no leader to step up and challenge people other than T.O. and some players on this team still act like they're entitled to victories because the personality of this fat coach rubs off on them.

                  I'm sorry guys, but the only way this gets turned around is if some of the players take a leadership role like they have failed to do over the past 2 years and right the ship themselves.

                  Wade is holding us back, not as much with his defense as he is with his personality.

                  So until we have "players only meetings" and guys like D-ware, Witten, Tony, Barber rallying the troop on their own, we aren't doing a damn thing.

                  Edit: Is it pathetic that I feel the cowboys need to hire a "team motivator" to come in with bulletin board material and intense pre game speeches to get this team at the intensity level it needs to be?
                  I think that is exactly what the Cowboys need man.

                  Nail on the head.

                  Sig by BoneKrusher
                  Originally posted by killxswitch
                  Bill Polian is cancer wrapped in AIDS delivered in an XXL enema so please don't expect me to disagree with you.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                    Amazing what worry can do to a bunch of potato couches.

                    Chill out guys. Our season isn't over yet despite what you think.
                    Ya, my thoughts exactly. For all the negatives, we have a lot of talent and the right players and coaches that I feel can pull themselves out of it. Everyone wants to take shots at not having any leaders on the field, but I don't see it that way. We have the leadership, but just haven't made the plays the last few weeks. I see that turning around this week.

                    Comment


                    • I don't get that though.

                      Who cares how much talent we have.

                      The Yankees always have more talent than anyone. They didn't even make playoffs.

                      We're well on our way to being a non-playoff team.

                      I'd rather have less talent and more team than this crap we have right now.

                      This ship has a lot of holes in it and we're taking on water fast. Do you really think a team who couldn't beat the rams or cardinals is going to rebound from 4-5 after we get out asses kicked the next 2 games to make the playoffs?

                      This weak minded team? no way.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        Amazing what worry can do to a bunch of potato couches.

                        Chill out guys. Our season isn't over yet despite what you think.
                        I don't know why, but it seems that not only the Cowboys fanbase but the entire Dallas fanbase can't live without being worried or complaning or pushing the panic button as soon as possible.
                        I don't know about Mavericks fans but Stars fans freak out every week, calling for everyone's head.
                        For example, the Stars just started the season 2-3-1. It's an 82 games season, you haven't even played 10 games, so well you can afford to lose some of them, especially this early in the season. Well, they're calling for coaches and players heads.
                        Last year they were calling for Marty Turco head but then he led the team to the WC championship.

                        Maybe it's me, but I'm not able to panic about sports. Yes, if the Cowboys lose i'm a bit depressed on monday morning, but well, it's sport, it's just entertainment. I love to support my team but i'm not gonna freak out if they can't win the super bowl or the stanley cup. I'm a laid-back type of fan, I guess.
                        Burns, you're a great poster, I think you have always some good points. But you need a heavy dose of Bob Marley :P


                        In Bob We Trust

                        John Madden's wedding video business

                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Modano View Post
                          I don't know why, but it seems that not only the Cowboys fanbase but the entire Dallas fanbase can't live without being worried or complaning or pushing the panic button as soon as possible.
                          I don't know about Mavericks fans but Stars fans freak out every week, calling for everyone's head.
                          For example, the Stars just started the season 2-3-1. It's an 82 games season, you haven't even played 10 games, so well you can afford to lose some of them, especially this early in the season. Well, they're calling for coaches and players heads.
                          Last year they were calling for Marty Turco head but then he led the team to the WC championship.

                          Maybe it's me, but I'm not able to panic about sports. Yes, if the Cowboys lose i'm a bit depressed on monday morning, but well, it's sport, it's just entertainment. I love to support my team but i'm not gonna freak out if they can't win the super bowl or the stanley cup. I'm a laid-back type of fan, I guess.
                          Burns, you're a great poster, I think you have always some good points. But you need a heavy dose of Bob Marley :P

                          No I agree Madano. I def go into freak out mode. With the Magic or Dodgers or Penguins I don't care as much (in that order) when we lose. I mean the Magic kinda piss me off but not nearly as much as the cowboys.

                          When the Cowboys lose I'm mad for like 3 days, then I start to get over it and get ready for the next week. When I don't see improvement in team effort in back to back weekends though I start to get real pissed.

                          The way I see it, I only get football for 1 day a week for like 3.5 months out of the year. I go balls out for those 3.5 months. My girlfriend thinks I'm crazy, but I mean **** it, I like the passion.

                          Plus this Post season drought is killing me. Plus this is the first year since like 96 that I've thought we were destined to be champs.

                          Comment


                          • I'm going to go against the grain a bit and argue against this run first to set up the pass.

                            Some teams do it and do it well. However, I would argue that, contrary to popular football etiqute, it is not written in stone that you have to run to set up the pass.

                            I would argue that early last year when Dallas was putting up big numbers offensively, they started the game going for the jugular. They were wearing out the DL rushing the passer, then pounding them with Barber in the 2nd half. I think things changed for us when Garrett started forcing the running game early in games.

                            Our running game couldn't have been better against the Giants in the playoff game - what did that get us?

                            It is an old axiom that you have to run to set up the pass. I disagree that is HAS to be that way. I challenge each of you to remember back to last year and remember how this team used to wing it around in the first half; it's the same formula the 90s Cowboys used. Emmitt got most of his yardage in the 4th quarter.

                            I haven't looked up the numbers but I would bet anything that when our offense started bogging down late last year, it can be attributed to us not being aggressive in the passing game early.

                            Granted, I don't think we can accomplish this with Brad, but I would really like to see us come out aggressive when Romo is back in Washington.
                            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                            -Douglas MacArthur

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Modano View Post
                              I don't know why, but it seems that not only the Cowboys fanbase but the entire Dallas fanbase can't live without being worried or complaning or pushing the panic button as soon as possible.
                              I don't know about Mavericks fans but Stars fans freak out every week, calling for everyone's head.
                              For example, the Stars just started the season 2-3-1. It's an 82 games season, you haven't even played 10 games, so well you can afford to lose some of them, especially this early in the season. Well, they're calling for coaches and players heads.
                              Last year they were calling for Marty Turco head but then he led the team to the WC championship.

                              Maybe it's me, but I'm not able to panic about sports. Yes, if the Cowboys lose i'm a bit depressed on monday morning, but well, it's sport, it's just entertainment. I love to support my team but i'm not gonna freak out if they can't win the super bowl or the stanley cup. I'm a laid-back type of fan, I guess.
                              Burns, you're a great poster, I think you have always some good points. But you need a heavy dose of Bob Marley :P

                              I don't know if my post came off that way, but I'm not ready to panic yet, but there is cause for concern and if no one here acknowledges that things need to be changed and corrected SOON then they are lost in what's going on...This season is far from over, so don't consider it a bandwagon type thing or a fair weather fan, I just want to see some discipline from our team and as a fan that's not too much to ask.


                              Can we just have a game with fewer then 3 penalties? When is the last time that's happened? I don't have any major gripes with this team other then that, and sorry but that leads directly to coaching, we have been racking up HUGE amounts of penalties since the end of last year and it hasn't been corrected, good football teams don't commit stupid penalties I do know that, and until we can win a game without shooting outselves in the foot it will be a long, uphill battle against ourselves, not anyone else.





                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                              Comment


                              • Please beat Tampa this week

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information