This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
    I'm not here to taunt, but I found this very interesting. The Eagles got their 500th win of the Frnachise yesterday. My newspaper listed the other 6 teams to have 500 franchise wins, and both the Giants and Redskins were on it. I know that the Giants are one of the original NFL teams, and have a good history and that makes sense. The Redskins have a good history as well. But the Cowboys have jsut as much hsitory, and more championships. Did the newspaper I read overlook something, or is there a reason the Cowboys don't have 500 wins? I know the Eagles have been around since 1932, but when was the Cowboys franchis created? It jsut strikes me as weird that one of the most successful franchises doesn't have 500 wins, when mine, who has a history of "underacheiving" has reached 500 wins.

Beyond the pale, one of the most idiotic comments I have ever seen on this board.

I think, maybe I am being crazy here, the reason the Eagles have so many wins is they are on of the founding teams in the NFL. That is what -- the 1930s? Cowobys started in 61?

Comment

• I loved how Colombo was intimidating the Bucs yesterday. Got us some yards on that one penalty. We need that nastiness on offense right now.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
        I loved how Colombo was intimidating the Bucs yesterday. Got us some yards on that one penalty. We need that nastiness on offense right now.
        I believe that's called taunting.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          Brad Johnson would have left the game in a body bag if we tried play action. He barely has any time to throw as it is...all it takes is one guy to come through and they were doing that all game. Our line has been very mediocre the last few weeks. When Romo returns, he needs to be the Romo we saw in year 1. He's going to have to run around because, right now, our offense looks very similar to that stagnant attack we had in Bledsoe's final season in big D. Romo makes the line look so much better than they actually are...when he makes his return, we really are going to need to see less of that Brady esque pocket passer. Gotta go back to what makes him a great QB. We're going to need that added element.
          Did you just diss tom brady?

Comment

• Just when you think Wade may have figured out how to energize this team, he gives them an off day...

Headed into one of the biggest games of the season, which would be huge if we won. So huge you can't even imagine. I mean, there is no way we can beat the Giants next week, but imagine if we did somehow?

and wade goes with an off day.

This is the ******** I cant stand. He needs to be talking about "we need to get better, we have a big game, we're still not there yet"

Instead, it's all sunshine and flowers and the guys get an off day for pulling off a win against a team that we should have beat.

**** me.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
              I loved how Colombo was intimidating the Bucs yesterday. Got us some yards on that one penalty. We need that nastiness on offense right now.
              I love Columbo. He's better at his job than Flo is at his.

Comment

• I wouldn't want to run into Colombo and Trueblood in a dark alley.

Two bad mofos that let people know it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk360 View Post
                  Did you just diss tom brady?
                  No you took that the wrong way. MOTH was saying Romo needs to get back to what makes him an elite QB...which is improvising and moving around behind the LOS. Romo doesn't have the arm that Brady does which is why I think we are seeing some mixed results.

As for me I have no problem with what tony is doing as long as his TD:INT ratio is over 2 to 1

Comment

• Gonna suck if we have to lose Columbo, starting to like him more and more each week, and we never hear his name called which is a good thing...Either way we need some lineman on both sides of the ball in the upcoming draft.

And I don't agree with the day off seeing as how a bye week is coming around the corner, but with the amount of injuries I guess it's not the worst thing...NY is ripe for a loss, if we can keep pressure high we have a shot, Eli is just as turnover prone as any QB in the league.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                      Gonna suck if we have to lose Columbo, starting to like him more and more each week, and we never hear his name called which is a good thing...Either way we need some lineman on both sides of the ball in the upcoming draft.

And I don't agree with the day off seeing as how a bye week is coming around the corner, but with the amount of injuries I guess it's not the worst thing...NY is ripe for a loss, if we can keep pressure high we have a shot, Eli is just as turnover prone as any QB in the league.
                      I just think that it's a very poor decision by wade to give the team an off day when we shouldn't have even scored a TD yesterday. The bucs gave us that TD with penalties.

Brad Johnson sucks. He needs all the practice he can get. I mean, god damn, have you ever seen a guy look more deer-in-the-headlights-ish than Brad in the pocket? It's like he can't wait to check down.

He doesn't even go to his first read half the time, he just gets this constipated look and seeks out the hot route. I actually want to shoot myself when I watch him play.

I know Brooks Bollinger isn't great, but it's hard to be worse than Brad Johnson. He looks like Tavaris Jackson.

Comment

• It's already being reported by Ed Werder and Peter King that Bollinger's practice reps will be increased this week and we may give him the nod for the game.

ESPN's Ed Werder reports that Brad Johnson's limitations in the downfield passing game may prompt the Cowboys to consider other options at QB this week, including third-stringer Brooks Bollinger.
                        A "high-ranking" team source told Werder that Johnson will "probably" draw the Week 9 start against the Giants, but that Dallas is concerned with Johnson's inability to connect with Terrell Owens deep. Johnson's lack of mobility also threatens to be problematic against New York's fire-zone blitz packages. It sounds like Bollinger's practice reps will increase this week.

I don't know how much of the offense he knows, but we knew Brad was terrible since off-season, now at least we know how important it is to get a decent back up QB...Brad did miss alot of open reads, its tough to stomach sometimes.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I don't think we win this game anyway. I think at the very least, Bollinger has to make the Giants respect the routes 20+ yards down the field. As it stands now, they know they can sit on routes because the ball isn't going downfield.

He also has some mobility so you can design some rollouts that can slow down the Giants rush a bit.
                          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• I still can't believe we haven't incorporated some wildcat formation stuff with Stanback into the offense to at least create some sort of threat.

I wish we would do something like that against the Giants.

I know for sure that even if we play a mistake free game, 0 turnovers, we will still lose if we play them straight up. The only way we have a chance this week is to either bench brad, or use some trickery and get lucky.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                              I still can't believe we haven't incorporated some wildcat formation stuff with Stanback into the offense to at least create some sort of threat.

I know for sure that even if we play a mistake free game, 0 turnovers, we will still lose if we play them straight up. The only way we have a chance this week is to either bench brad, or use some trickery and get lucky.
                              I think a few wrinkles in the offense is needed, but I'm not sure if Johnson is the guy that can execute them. I think we just need to d up this week and hope to play ball control offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                                I still can't believe we haven't incorporated some wildcat formation stuff with Stanback into the offense to at least create some sort of threat.

thats actually a really good idea. Im surprised the Skins don't do it with Randle El either.

Or the Bears with Hester.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information