Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Without Romo, we have to start tricking it up a bit to try and get these defenses on their heels.
    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• I don't get it either. How hard would it be to implement one new personnel package and 3 plays off of the package for a game in one week. Seems to me that it would be a way to get lucky and get that first down/TD surprise.

Comment

• 1) To say you may now sit Brad b/c of his downfield limitations is proof of how stupid our Front Office is at times. Everyone, his dog and cat knew Brad Johnson was crap when we signed him. Anyone with a functional eyeball saw it in preseason (twice). It took you 1.5 years and 2 starts to figure this out?? Just plain stupid and proof how our GM convinces himself of things that are not -- until he suffers them in person. Memo Jerry: **** is ****. You don't need to step in it like others to confirm it is ****. Dummy. In fact, stepping in **** after someone else stepped in the same pile is a sign of mental re-tuhdation.

2) Bollinger sucks too. I can't figure this one either. Noodle Arm II with better wheels.

3) Both are Minnesota cast-offs, the same Minnesota who can't get these noodle arms to run the WCO and could not beat Tavaris Jackson (who also sucks).

4) A Day Off heading into a Division game with a BYE afterwards? Incredible. Wade needs to get a horrible vocal cord disease which forces his retirement. The guys is an idiot.

Can't see how we beat the Giants playing like we did yesterday without 5-6 turnovers.
        Last edited by johnstonolb; 10-27-2008, 03:05 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk360 View Post
          Did you just diss tom brady?
          Nope...Tony Romo is trying to be Tom Brady and that's just not the type of player he is. He's getting away from what makes him a great QB, we're seeing less movement in and out of the pocket and less improvision. He's trying to stand tall in the pocket and be a Tom Brady clone but it's just not him. He is a little Tom Brady but, he is a whole lot more Brett Favre. He has to play his game and play to his strengths.

I would never diss Tom Brady, guy's a god among men. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
            I don't get it either. How hard would it be to implement one new personnel package and 3 plays off of the package for a game in one week. Seems to me that it would be a way to get lucky and get that first down/TD surprise.
            ROTFLMAO! I agree but this is Wade and Jerry. Not exactly the smartest football men in the room. They probably still have dreams of Noodle Arm "managing" a game.

Comment

• I know Brad is always criticized for arm strength but, his deep passes, all I dont know, 3 of them. haha. Have actually had some nice zip on them and were fairly accurate. He threw a very nice ball to T.O. but, Talib made a fantastic play. Brad can make just about any throw, the real problem is just the fact that he loves to checkdown. He's become afraid to throw down field, he wasnt always this way. Bollinger on the other hand would take some shots down the field and is a better fit given our struggling pass protection. I've always liked Bollinger and think that he was a fantastic pick up. You surround him w/ talent and let him have a little freedom to move around a little and you'll have a pretty good QB on your hands.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                Nope...Tony Romo is trying to be Tom Brady and that's just not the type of player he is. He's getting away from what makes him a great QB, we're seeing less movement in and out of the pocket and less improvision. He's trying to stand tall in the pocket and be a Tom Brady clone but it's just not him. He is a little Tom Brady but, he is a whole lot more Brett Favre. He has to play his game and play to his strengths.
                As true as it gets. Tony needs to run a little more to be effective. He is not, and never will be, a pure pocket passer.

Keep the LB honest, puts pressure on the DL to stay in running lanes even if it means not getting to the QB, and when he does move it allows the WR to find open spots while distracting the DBs.

Comment

• Anyone have any names to throw into the hat for 2008 offensive coordinator? I was just thinking of something. Had Jerry made Garrett the man...would we be sitting with Cam Cameron and Dom Capers right now?

Not nitpicking...just trying to spark some interesting talks and maybe some names since today will be a slow new day.

Comment

I know Brad is always criticized for arm strength but, his deep passes, all I dont know, 3 of them. haha. Have actually had some nice zip on them and were fairly accurate. He threw a very nice ball to T.O. but, Talib made a fantastic play. Brad can make just about any throw, the real problem is just the fact that he loves to checkdown. He's become afraid to throw down field, he wasnt always this way. Bollinger on the other hand would take some shots down the field and is a better fit given our struggling pass protection. I've always liked Bollinger and think that he was a fantastic pick up. You surround him w/ talent and let him have a little freedom to move around a little and you'll have a pretty good QB on your hands.
                    Bollinger is a weaker and less experienced Jeff Garcia. With that said, he can run and that makes up for lots of deficiencies in a back up.

As far as Brad, there was one play that said it all. Austin in the slot, single man, wide open in the end zone, 35 yard throw down the middle of the field -- what does he do, check down slant to TO.

Brad Johnson is not a Div 1A QB let alone a Pro QB. Everyone outside of Dallas and its Fans realized this 2 years ago in Pre-Season as he was skipping side-arm passes into the flat to the FB flaring out in a check down.
                    Last edited by johnstonolb; 10-27-2008, 03:16 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                      Anyone have any names to throw into the hat for 2008 offensive coordinator? I was just thinking of something. Had Jerry made Garrett the man...would we be sitting with Cam Cameron and Dom Capers right now?

Not nitpicking...just trying to spark some interesting talks and maybe some names since today will be a slow new day.
                      Nice staff but each guy would be admitting "I am not HC material" if they take roles with a greener than green HC like Garrett.

Tell you what, Cameron would make Felix a star.

Comment

• I want that veteran but, I think some where near the top of the list will probably be John Garrett. A fantastic young coach in his own right but, it could be much of the same if he was given the playcalling duties. i just hope Garrett doesnt call the plays as our new head coach.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• OT: Is it me of does Tank Johnson NOT take the proper gap when rushing the passer? I was kind of sick to see Garcia have a few wide open looks at Tankie pooh was busy trying to go through the 5 gap as opposed to the 3 gap on a few occasions.

Comment

I want that veteran but, I think some where near the top of the list will probably be John Garrett. A fantastic young coach in his own right but, it could be much of the same if he was given the playcalling duties. i just hope Garrett doesnt call the plays as our new head coach.
                            That's what I was just thinking in my head. Which is what brought up the question who is a candidate if Garrett is promoted or hell even if Garrett were to leave.

Comment

I want that veteran but, I think some where near the top of the list will probably be John Garrett. A fantastic young coach in his own right but, it could be much of the same if he was given the playcalling duties. i just hope Garrett doesnt call the plays as our new head coach.
                              What has John done to deserve a job like that?

Frankly, going to Princeton is not a qualification for a football job and I think we have enough wet behind the ears, "nice" guys in this coaching staff IMHO.

Comment

I know Brad is always criticized for arm strength but, his deep passes, all I dont know, 3 of them. haha. Have actually had some nice zip on them and were fairly accurate. He threw a very nice ball to T.O. but, Talib made a fantastic play. Brad can make just about any throw, the real problem is just the fact that he loves to checkdown. He's become afraid to throw down field, he wasnt always this way. Bollinger on the other hand would take some shots down the field and is a better fit given our struggling pass protection. I've always liked Bollinger and think that he was a fantastic pick up. You surround him w/ talent and let him have a little freedom to move around a little and you'll have a pretty good QB on your hands.
                                Wrong.

I was at the game on the opposite side of that play and had a clear view across the field on that play. TO had seperation and the pass was underthrown so TO has to slow just a bit and that gave the DB time to recover. It's not just his arm strength; it's also him being a tick too slow. He needed to throw that pass just a tick sooner and with more zip on it. He did neither.

And as someone mentioned, We left at least two TDs on the field, with the miss of Miles being the biggest. He was all alone running down the middle of the field.
                                In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information