This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shane_man View Post
    If we go back to the 4-3... Where does that leave our OLB's in that lineup? Is Ware too small to play DE in a 4-3? Do Canty and Spears move inside?

I mean if we moved to a 4-3. We would have some SERIOUS depth along the D-Line but our LB's would be thin... Very thin.(just thinking about the depth we would have makes me think it's actually a possibility)
    Ware isn't to small for a 43 DE IMO. He is a speed rusher and they average between a 255-265 on most 43s, and Spencer is built like a truck, so I believe he can go back to DE pretty easily. Ratliff, Canty and Spears would all move inside, leaving Burnett, Zach, Bobby, and Bradie at LB. LB depth is much easier to find then a stud NT, seeing there are only 2 or 3 in the league right now anyways. Basically everyone would move back to there natural positions.

But I'm making this sound much easier then it might be. This is all hypothetical.

Comment

• 4-3 Ends can be any size really. To put things in perspective...Ware is the same size or a little bigger than John Abraham, Darren Howard, and Mathias Kiwanuka. I dont think we'll see a move to a 4-3, though. Ware is the perfect 3-4 OLB and Spencer has taken to the role nicely as well...those two should be the corner stones of our 3-4 for the next 8-10 years or so...as long as Spencer can stay healthy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• I'm starting to think finding ideal players for the inside of the 3-4 is just too tough. We have still yet to find that big prick in the middle and we are using an average 4-3 LB and a 2000 year old fossil manning the inside positions. Burnett is a 4-3 backer(IMHO). The 3-4 was a Parcells choice right? If Wade leaves. Jerry could very well decide to change it back.

I want to know whether anyone thinks that's a bad move in terms of pressure on the QB?

I think we have the personnel(as it's much easier to find players for each position). But I wonder about whether we could maintain the pressure we get from the outside with Ware(and to a lesser extent whoever is on the other side.)

Yeah I'm mumbling.

Thank god we didn't look at DeAngelo Hall though. I only ever have images of him looking at T.O's heels whenever I see him. Hopefully he's gonna be the one manning up on T.O next Sunday.

Comment

• Hard to find NT....we could have made a push for Jenkins or Rogers....but we decided we didn't wanna "take those risks" Somewhere there is a big man looking to go to a winning team I'm sure. I'm not saying it's easy...but saying it can be done with some motivation changes.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
            Hard to find NT....we could have made a push for Jenkins or Rogers....but we decided we didn't wanna "take those risks" Somewhere there is a big man looking to go to a winning team I'm sure. I'm not saying it's easy...but saying it can be done with some motivation changes.
            I'd like to continue the search as well. Once you get the core personnel for the 3-4 it can be successful for years. Steelers and Pats have shown this.

I feel like our OLB talent it pretty damn hard to come by, the secondary would be awesome if it had better support from the d-line. We really are just missing a few pieces. The disappointing thing is that it is the same pieces we've been missing for a couple years.

It's almost as if D-line is the last priority on this team for Jerry. Every other position, offense or defense, gets more attention than d-line.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
              Hard to find NT....we could have made a push for Jenkins or Rogers....but we decided we didn't wanna "take those risks" Somewhere there is a big man looking to go to a winning team I'm sure. I'm not saying it's easy...but saying it can be done with some motivation changes.
              Is the Alabama NT elegible for the draft this year?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                Is the Alabama NT elegible for the draft this year?
                Yes but I doubt Cody could be a disruptive force from the beginning. He is too soft to be a difference maker right away in the NFL. He would need some work...and he's only a jr. so it's no lock that he even declares.

Comment

• Well we got the games we needed to happen, Washington losing to Pitt and Philly to the Giants, we come out and beat Washington were in the drivers seat for a wildcard spot.

Oh and anyone catch the end of the Vikings/Packers game? Folk>Crosby :D

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                  I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    Well we got the games we needed to happen, Washington losing to Pitt and Philly to the Giants, we come out and beat Washington were in the drivers seat for a wildcard spot.

Oh and anyone catch the end of the Vikings/Packers game? Folk>Crosby :D
                    Yeah, I lost 50 euros because of that kick

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• I want Demarcus Granger as our NT if we can.

But what do you think about Jerry Peria as a NT if he were to add 5-10 pounds? he seems to have the frame to pack on more without losing a lot in his game. Thoughts?

Comment

• I like Granger, a lot.

The more I look at this team, the more I think NT is the one position that could really push this defense to the top. I think there are plenty of very good pieces on this defense. I just think the more we all see this 3-4, the more we realize how important that NT position is.

I think we have to get Ratliff out to DE. He will create so much more havoc out there.
                        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Get Gabe Watson, get Dom Capers, get 1 quality ILB. -- D Offseason

Get 1 Quality QB Back-up, get 2 young guys for OL. -- O Offseason

Change coaches. Fire GM. -- Team Mgmt Offseason
                          Last edited by johnstonolb; 11-10-2008, 07:55 PM.

Comment

• Even though Garrett has shown some chinks in the armor, I still think he will be a very good HC. I really like the idea of having Garrett as HC and bringing in Dom Capers to run the defense.

I agree our top priorities on defense this offseason are NT and ILB.

On offense, QB and OL some OL and then more OL.
                            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                              I want Demarcus Granger as our NT if we can.

But what do you think about Jerry Peria as a NT if he were to add 5-10 pounds? he seems to have the frame to pack on more without losing a lot in his game. Thoughts?
                              I've never seen Peria play but his numbers from last season would indicate he's very disruptive in the backfield and seems to be very quick/athletic.

It looks like right now he only weighs as much as Ratliff though, So I would have to ask if he would solve the problem or just be another Rat.

Even with 10 pounds, does he seem like a monster NT to you that can consistently plug the middle? Or is he more of the same?

Comment

• I would like Roy Miller as a later pick... UT has done a fine job of producing good NFL Defensive Tackles.
                                Whats up buttercup!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information