Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haha yeah Jenkins is a ferocious hitter. He really showed it when he let the Giants RB stroll into the endzone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crimson79 View Post
      haha yeah Jenkins is a ferocious hitter. He really showed it when he let the Giants RB stroll into the endzone.
      Just wondering. Did that single play just seal your entire opinion of his game?

Comment

• How about picking up cornerback Justin Miller? Young and fast good on special teams.
        Whats up buttercup!

Comment

• Originally posted by Pokeys View Post
          How about picking up cornerback Justin Miller? Young and fast good on special teams.
          I always liked him, but I wonder if injuries have just taken to hard a toll on him. Bring him in for a work out and see!

Comment

Aside from being new to the team theres a reason hes not playing instead of Proctor. Bennett is pretty fast for a Tight End hes much faster than Witten. Maybe he would turn into a good possesion WR. Probably not but just an idea.
            But somehow he still managed to get a C - from you? I'm not defending him at all, since there isn't really anything to defend. I'm just wondering how do you grade a guy who hasn't even seen the field and more so how do you give him a passing grade of a C-?

Comment

TE Martellus Bennett - B- - Very fast for a tight end has played good, needs to improve his blocking skills. What about converting him to a WR?
              Really? His blocking has been his strength since training camp, and he's been punishing guys in the running game, I have no doubts about his run blocking skills, I've watched him in games put guys on their backs and have the fire to drive them into the ground...He likes to block from the looks of things, and is the perfect TE, moving him isn't an option, he presents a mis-match where he is and will develop into a fine player if he continues to improve.

I would give his run blocking grade an A, he's strong enough to get in there with the big boys consistently and do more then just hold his own, wait until he has one full off-season to get stronger, he's gonna come back punishing people.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Pretty sure most knew but Wade is gonna keep Scandrick in the slot:

A few weeks ago, Wade Phillips said he was so impressed with rookie cornerback Orlando Scandrick that he would be the new slot cornerback in the nickel when Terence Newman returns.

That time is now. Newman will start on the outside in the nickel and Scandrick will take Newman's former role in the subpackage with Anthony Henry on his normal right side. This means first-round draft pick Mike Jenkins comes off the field in the nickel. He had started in place of Pacman Jones and Newman.

This further proves Scandrick has been the better of the rookie cornerbacks. Yeah, the one taken in the fifth -- not first -- round. Now, Phillips could have gone with Newman in the slot and Jenkins on the outside, but Scandrick has been too good in the slot and Newman is coming off sports hernia surgery.

- Rick Herrin

I think that's big, Newman has always played well in the slot for us but Scandrick gives us more flexibility now...We will be pretty healthy for this game with the bye week in place.

Portis also looks like he won't play, so there should be 0 excuses this week as to why we didn't play well, it be nice to see a glimpse of the offense that we saw week in and out last year just one full game.

Comment

• Well, hopefully Jenkins can unseat Henry by next year. I think Henry maybe one of the worst CBs in the league this year and on the wrong side of 30. He looks helpless out there and ZERO turnovers.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                    Really? His blocking has been his strength since training camp, and he's been punishing guys in the running game, I have no doubts about his run blocking skills, I've watched him in games put guys on their backs and have the fire to drive them into the ground...He likes to block from the looks of things, and is the perfect TE, moving him isn't an option, he presents a mis-match where he is and will develop into a fine player if he continues to improve.

I would give his run blocking grade an A, he's strong enough to get in there with the big boys consistently and do more then just hold his own, wait until he has one full off-season to get stronger, he's gonna come back punishing people.
                    I agree. I think Tellus, in a year or two, will be regarded as one of the best, if not the best, blocking TEs in the league.

In fact, I think he could be so good that he's a guy that stays in to pass block and they feel comfortable leaving him one-on-one with a DE/OLB. He's that good.
                    In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Felix is not practicing and it seems he's out for this game too... damnit...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                        Felix is not practicing and it seems he's out for this game too... damnit...
                        Nah, they're just giving him extra rest, I thought...

Comment

• Anyone think that Dallas will choose to pick on DeAngelo Hall when he's in the game?

Comment

• I have been throwing his name around for awhile, but we looked at some Free Agents the other day and Michael Hawkins was a name on that list.

He was the Packers 5th rd pick in 2005, was a freshman standout at Corner for OU and was the #1 corner in the state of TX his senior year...Not much of that means a damn right now, but he does have the physical tools you look for; 6'2, 185, 4.2 speed, his main knack has been staying healthy but being a hometown guy we could have a nice project if we sign him to our PS.

I've seen him play in person thats why I've always said we should take a look, his coverage skills are legit and he's someone if you stash away on the PS could pay dividends down the line.

Comment

• Originally posted by SuperKevin View Post
                              Anyone think that Dallas will choose to pick on DeAngelo Hall when he's in the game?
                              TO hopes so:

T.O. doesn't seem too concerned about the Redskins signing DeAngelo Hall. Matter of fact, he hopes he sees Hall on the field Sunday.

"At the rate he's playing, I'm looking forward to a big day," Owens told the Associated Press at his book signing today in New York. "I'm no stranger to playing against him. I've had success against him just as much as everybody else has, so if he's out there, I'm looking forward to playing him."

T.O. speaks the truth. Hall, who was extremely overrated in Atlanta, has been horrible this season. Per Stats Inc., he gave up more yards (556 on 40-of-66 passing) than any other cornerback in the league during his brief stint as a Raider. And T.O. did torch Hall for two touchdowns (and spit in his face) the last time they met.

Of course, T.O. will probably see a lot more of Shawn Springs and Carlos Rogers than Hall this weekend. And he didn't fare so well the last time he saw them despite Tony Romo forcing 18 passes to him.

In a related note, T.O. suggested that his coaches take a look at the things that made the Cowboys successful last season, such as moving him around. Jason Garrett might want to start with the tape of last season's win over Washington, when T.O. lined up in different spots on each of his four touchdown catches.
                              per dmn blog

It's hard for me to imagine Hall playing alot, I think if they are bold enough to give him playing time then we will take chances in man to man...Roy has been excited about the single coverage that our #2 WR typically gets so I'm interested to see how that works these next few weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                Nah, they're just giving him extra rest, I thought...
                                That's what they said after he didn't practice Monday and Felix said he would practice today for sure. Now that he hasn't I don't know what to expect.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information