Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
    Kosier is supposed to start as well.

    I read that Tiki Barber said the hamstring injury to Felix is concerning because he had hamstring injuries in college. Does anyone know if this is true? It seriously pissed me off because all I could think about is Donte Stallworth with his constant hammy injuries.
    Damn man, you're so negative ahah :P


    In Bob We Trust

    John Madden's wedding video business

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

    Comment


    • Congratulations on your win this coming Sunday.

      BoneKrusher

      Comment


      • This says everything that needs to be said about "Leadership" on this team and specifically Wade, Stewart, Bradie and throw in Ellis too.

        *********************************************

        Difference between Cowboys and Giants Ds, by Clinton Portis
        6:06 PM Wed, Nov 12, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
        Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
        Redskins RB Clinton Portis made an appearance on Michael Irvin's ESPN 103.3 show today, saying he couldn't play tomorrow if this game were the Super Bowl but was 50-50 for Sunday. He also provided an expert comparison of the Cowboys and Giants defenses.

        "The Giants really don't really hurt themselves. They don't have too many mental lapses or missed assignments. They play assignment football. ...

        "As far as Dallas, when you see Dallas and they're not in sync, it's a blown coverage or a blown assignment somewhere. It's obvious because you'll see the guys arguing or looking back at each other as if they didn't know it."

        Portis' evaluation of the Cowboys echoes Brandon Jacobs' take from a couple Sundays ago. Jacobs mentioned that he heard a lot of bickering amongst Cowboys.

        Sounds like Wade Phillips needs to do a whole lot of fixin' that won't be solved by Tony Romo's return.

        Comment


        • Seriously though, does anyone know if Felix has had prior hamstring problems?

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
            Seriously though, does anyone know if Felix has had prior hamstring problems?
            No, and I have never heard this one either.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
              This says everything that needs to be said about "Leadership" on this team and specifically Wade, Stewart, Bradie and throw in Ellis too.

              *********************************************

              Difference between Cowboys and Giants Ds, by Clinton Portis
              6:06 PM Wed, Nov 12, 2008 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
              Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips
              Redskins RB Clinton Portis made an appearance on Michael Irvin's ESPN 103.3 show today, saying he couldn't play tomorrow if this game were the Super Bowl but was 50-50 for Sunday. He also provided an expert comparison of the Cowboys and Giants defenses.

              "The Giants really don't really hurt themselves. They don't have too many mental lapses or missed assignments. They play assignment football. ...

              "As far as Dallas, when you see Dallas and they're not in sync, it's a blown coverage or a blown assignment somewhere. It's obvious because you'll see the guys arguing or looking back at each other as if they didn't know it."

              Portis' evaluation of the Cowboys echoes Brandon Jacobs' take from a couple Sundays ago. Jacobs mentioned that he heard a lot of bickering amongst Cowboys.

              Sounds like Wade Phillips needs to do a whole lot of fixin' that won't be solved by Tony Romo's return.
              The reason is because we have no leadership at the ILB position. I thought Zach would bring that but even he has said... over and over... he doesn't want to be a disruption. He doesn't want to act like a leader on this D being the new guy in town. ...not wanting to step on other's toes... Well crapola. We need him to!!!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                Seriously though, does anyone know if Felix has had prior hamstring problems?
                It never caused him to miss a game prior to this injury. I think Tiki has no idea what he's talking about

                Comment


                • I think what Garrett ought to do is come out in a 2-minute offense and try to get Tony in a rhythm quickly.
                  In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                  -Douglas MacArthur

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                    I think what Garrett ought to do is come out in a 2-minute offense and try to get Tony in a rhythm quickly.
                    That is actually not a bad idea. Convinced. I agree. Come out gunning and get the Skins out of their comfort zone.

                    Comment


                    • I've never heard of hammy problems for Felix, but no need in rushing him this week, let him heal up properly..It's funny for everyone who wants to annoint new starters at the RB position fails to realize Barber's health has never been an issue since drafted and we can actually count on him, partime back or full time back.


                      I wouldn't mind a 2 minute offense, last year we always came out slow, but it would be nice to see if get the passing game going, give Romo some quick throws to keep him on his feet and upright, into a groove, then follow up with the running game.





                      Originally posted by Scott Wright
                      I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                      Comment


                      • Well, I've been saying for some time that if everyone would remember back to last year, when the offense was clicking, we would come out early and throw. We would tire the defense from rushing and then run the football in the second half. Later in the year, it appeared we got away from that.

                        It has been some written rule in football that you have to run to set up the pass. I disagree. Remember that the 90s Cowboys would pass early and get a lead; they would then pound with the running game late.
                        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                        -Douglas MacArthur

                        Comment


                        • Actually, last year when our offense was "clicking" we would go the entire first quarter without doing a damn thing more often than not, begin the second quarter the same way, and pick it up right before halftime. Then, of course, we would go crazy in the second half.

                          Don't be mistaken, we struggled a lot at times last year, too. We lost the NE game because of it. But once we got locked in, we were as good as there has ever been in this league, including the Pats. I think the Redskins have a serious ass whipping comin this weekend.
                          Originally posted by 21ST
                          He was protecting his self
                          Originally posted by tjsunstein
                          From what? His leg?
                          Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                          That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                          "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

                          DeMarcus Ware

                          Comment


                          • The Redskins are not going to be an easy win. Zorn is a helluva coach and they're a team that's better than the sum of their parts. In Washington makes it all the more difficult as we haven't had great success there in a while.

                            Comment


                            • We also haven't ran the ball well vs them in how long? I know we are going to have more then 8 attempts, but we have GOT to figure out how to run the ball vs them this time around.





                              Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                              Comment


                              • This is a very pivotal game for us. We need to treat it like a playoff game because if we lose, the chances of us winning the wildcard birth will be zilch if we're in 3rd place in our own division. Washington would be in the driver's seat with a win.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information