Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tank is a FA and who knows if he'll be back...i'd lean towards no.

Lots of Roy praise for not really doing anything yet. He was terrible in Detroit this year...he had a lot more drops than T.O. Could be uninspired play w/e but, he was horrible and hasnt been all that great throughout his career. He's had one good year. Great talent but, also very overrated. Hopefully, it all works out well, though. He has no more excuses.

Hamlin isnt going anywhere considering he just signed an enormous contract and Burnett is an FA who will most likely not be back.

Jenkins to FS is pointless...he has shut down corner skills and better feet than Newman. He could be one of the best in the league there, in a few years.

Play Carp where he belongs? hmm...Canada?
    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 11-19-2008, 09:16 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Great to see that Felix back in practice, even if it is light stuff, it is encouraging. Word is he will probably miss this weeks and the Thanksgiving game obviously, but could be ready for the Pitt game. Sounds good to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        Lots of Roy praise for not really doing anything yet. He was terrible in Detroit this year...he had a lot more drops than T.O. Could be uninspired play w/e but, he was horrible and hasnt been all that great throughout his career. He's had one good year. Great talent but, also very overrated. Hopefully, it all works out well, though. He has no more excuses.
        How inspired is Shaun Rogers playing this year?? That should answer your question, and Roy doesn't have weight issues or laziness as a knock on him...It's hard to really gauge players in Detroit, Roy has already shown glimpes of what he can provide this offense, he is itching to have his breakout game and just from his few plays you can see what he brings this team.

The jumpball TD vs Tampa, the way he can move the chains vs the Skins, he's never had a QB like Romo or the weapons we have either but we know the type of potential he is capable of, so when I see him dropping the ball here I'll be the first to call him on it.

But just as Rogers is playing his ass off, new scenery and a payday can do that for players, he's been surehanded every time we have gone his way, and I think he's just as talented as any #1 WR in this league.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Shaun Rogers still atleast played at a very high level in Detroit most of the time...and Roy does have issues w/ laziness and playing uninspired football. He took plays off all the time. He was a constant headache in Detroit. Also, his hands are just like T.O.'s as soon as he gets more looks you'll see him drop quite a few. Wasnt he leading the league in drops or right behind Braylon this year? Now, he could be great but, he seems to be getting a lot of undeserved praise every where i look. He's been one of the most overrated players in the game for a while...he can certainly shed that but, he hasnt done much in this league...except complain a lot and alienate himself from his teammates because, he was no longer in the limelight.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Shaun Rogers still atleast played at a very high level in Detroit most of the time...and Roy does have issues w/ laziness and playing uninspired football. He took plays off all the time. He was a constant headache in Detroit. Also, his hands are just like T.O.'s as soon as he gets more looks you'll see him drop quite a few. Now, he could be great but, he seems to be getting a lot of undeserved praise every where i look.
            That's just not true, he was widely considered a lazy player who took plays off throughout the game, it was well documented and that was all you heard when they pulled that trade off...Again with an organization like Detroit I'm not willing to gauge a player and how he performed, same with Oakland, Rogers was considered a much more lazy player and has been a complete BEAST thus far, and his team isn't even in the playoff hunt.

Detroit hasn't seen this Shaun Rogers this year since probably 2004, we see this all the time from players.

I think you will see Roy's worth over the course of the season, and I think your underrating his play in the Tampa game or the impact it had, whens the last time we have even ran that play for TO? There isn't one WR on this team we run that play with, and that alone adds a new element to the team, that and the fact that he can catch underneath slants all game and turn them into first downs...He made the most out of very few looks and was the deciding td.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              That's just not true, he was widely considered a lazy player who took plays off throughout the game, it was well documented and that was all you heard when they pulled that trade off...Again with an organization like Detroit I'm not willing to gauge a player and how he performed, same with Oakland, Rogers was considered a much more lazy player and has been a complete BEAST thus far, and his team isn't even in the playoff hunt.

Detroit hasn't seen this Shaun Rogers this year since probably 2004, we see this all the time from players.

I think you will see Roy's worth over the course of the season, and I think your underrating his play in the Tampa game, whens the last time we have even ran that play for TO? There isn't one WR on this team we run that play with, and that alone adds a new element to the team, that and the fact that he can catch underneath slants all game and turn them into first downs.
              A lazy Shaun Rogers was still a pretty effective player. Roy was just as lazy at times. Roy hasnt done anything yet...hell, all season. I think everyone should be holding off on the praise in this case.

Also, every big bodied WR in the league can run a fade route...and Roy Williams never draws double teams anymore so, he'll be a lot easier to find than T.O. Roy has talent...we all know that but, aside from one good year he has been an inconsistant, bad attitude player w/ mediocre hands. Probably should give it some time...and yes, Kitna is no Romo but, he did throw for consecutive 4,000 yard seasons w/ the Lions making Mike Furrey the recipient of 100 receptions one of those years. Roy's had plenty of chances to take his game to that next level but, he hasnt gotten there.
              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 11-20-2008, 12:14 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Roy's had plenty of chances to take his game to that next level but, he hasnt gotten there.
                In his 3rd year in the NFL his numbers were 82/1310/7.

In his two years before that he posted 8 TD's in both years, last year his 4th year it was obvious he was getting fazed out in favor of Calvin and he also hurt his knee that year so looking at stats don't do him any justice, his targets and looks dropped increasingly that year and it was obvious.

How much further does he need to go to get to the next level? Unless your looking at numbers I'm not, how many 1st rd WR's do you see that start off more productive then him in his first 3 years?

The list is thin if you want to find a WR that scored more then 23 TD's in their first 3 seasons, so I'm not really sure how much more productive the guy would have to be in Detroit of all places.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                  In his 3rd year in the NFL his numbers were 82/1310/7.

In his two years before that he posted 8 TD's in both years, last year his 4th year it was obvious he was getting fazed out in favor of Calvin and he also hurt his knee that year so looking at stats don't do him any justice, his targets and looks dropped increasingly that year and it was obvious.

How much further does he need to go to get to the next level? Unless your looking at numbers I'm not, how many 1st rd WR's do you see that start off more productive then him in his first 3 years?

The list is thin if you want to find a WR that scored more then 23 TD's in their first 3 seasons, so I'm not really sure how much more productive the guy would have to be in Detroit of all places.
                  Roy has had one good year...he found the end zone as a red zone threat...that's great but, his drops and lack of yardage are very sub par for a #1 receiver. Again, he has been one of the most overrated players out there. He has mediocre-average hands, tends to disappear, and is terribly inconsistant. He's actually a lot like T.O. but, hasnt been able to put it all together like T.O. did. He's a good player but, he isnt even close to an elite level yet...he's more compliment than he is star.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Everyone knows where I stand on Roy from our Roy vs. Boldin discussion a few months ago...

But I'll support him and try to be optimistic because he's around long term. Let's hope Tony can turn him into a top flight receiver.

He and Austin, along with Witten and Bennett on the inside and Felix/Barber in the backfield should for a real formidable offense for the next 5-6 years at least.

EDIT: Assuming we find a LT for the future!

Comment

Roy has had one good year...he found the end zone as a red zone threat...that's great but, his drops and lack of yardage are very sub par for a #1 receiver. Again, he has been one of the most overrated players out there. He has mediocre-average hands, tends to disappear, and is terribly inconsistant. He's actually a lot like T.O. but, hasnt been able to put it all together like T.O. did. He's a good player but, he isnt even close to an elite level yet...he's more compliment than he is star.

But your missing the point, his one good year was in his third season, did you want him to produce 1500 yards in his 2nd season? Geez, talk about holding a guy to high standards, but let's review:

Plaxico Burress through 2 years:

88 catches, 1281 yards, 6 TD's

TJ Houzmanzadeh through 2 years:

62 catches, 717 yards, 1 TD

Javon Walker through 2 years:

64 catches, 1035 yards, 10 TD's

Roddy White through 2 years:

59 catches, 952 yards, 3 TD's

Now Roy Williams through 2 yeras:

99 catches, 1504 yards, 16 TD's

Roy's 3rd year rivals every guy I have listed, and I could have went on forever and ever...I already mentioned the situation with his 4th year, but I'm not seeing where your going claiming he's had "one good year", I guess your just throwing his production his first 2 years out the window but judging from the track record of WR's in their first 2 years it shows in reality he's had FAR more then one good season.

I'm not mistaking him for Anquan Boldin here, or Larry Fitzgerald, he is not and I would certainly rather of had Boldin, but his stats are certainly impressive no matter how you try and view it...He's still a dominant WR in this league and anyone who comes in and scores 16 TD's his first two seasons is a dominant scoring threat that any team would love to have at WR.

Comment

• Where others begin to take off...Roy has done nothing in years 4 and 5. A great deal of people will tell you he got worse. He was having a pretty decent 07 but, his drops have continued to increase. He's good but, he hasnt been great. People talk about him as though he is some top 5 receiver but, he's not even close to that level...and given his inconstancies...he may never reach an elite status.

and most of us here knew it would take a while to get the ball rolling for Roy given the change of teams but...for catching 6 passes in 3 games, he sure is getting a little too much credit. I do think he's going to help us obviously...I'm just trying to point out that he really isnt as great as a lot of people think he is.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Where others begin to take off...Roy has done nothing in years 4 and 5. A great deal of people will tell you he got worse. He was having a pretty decent 07 but, his drops have continued to increase. He's good but, he hasnt been great. People talk about him as though he is some top 5 receiver but, he's not even close to that level...and given his inconstancies...he may never reach an elite status.

and most of us here knew it would take a while to get the ball rolling for Roy given the change of teams but...for catching 6 passes in 3 games, he sure is getting a little too much credit. I do think he's going to help us obviously...I'm just trying to point out that he really isnt as great as a lot of people think he is.
                          I don't know how you are equating Roy's talent level to his stats in his first 3 games here. Roy is most certainly one of the top young talented WRs in the league. He's obviously new here and not yet entrenched in our offense. He obviously has not had any significant time to work with Romo. He's certainly not going to consistently put up #1 WR type stats in this offense until he is actually the #1 WR. I don't remember him dropping any passes yet. In fact, I think he's done a great job making tough catches. Clutch catches. This is absolutely crazy talk about doubting his potential to reach elite status. Give the guy a chance MOTH.

I can see how someone might want to compare his stats to the Zona WR duo (I know you didn't) since they are obviously the most prolific in the league right now. However, they don't have other great options... no TEs like ours, no RBs like ours...

I just think if we're going to go forward and judge Roy's talent to the numbers he will put up, there will be a lot of disappointed people and a lot of empty expectations. Right now he's in the role of a #2 WR in an offense with a lot of options. I would expect average #2 WR numbers. Some great games, some not so great, some average.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            I don't know how you are equating Roy's talent level to his stats in his first 3 games here. Roy is most certainly one of the top young talented WRs in the league. He's obviously new here and not yet entrenched in our offense. He obviously has not had any significant time to work with Romo. He's certainly not going to consistently put up #1 WR type stats in this offense until he is actually the #1 WR. I don't remember him dropping any passes yet. In fact, I think he's done a great job making tough catches. Clutch catches. This is absolutely crazy talk about doubting his potential to reach elite status. Give the guy a chance MOTH.

I can see how someone might want to compare his stats to the Zona WR duo (I know you didn't) since they are obviously the most prolific in the league right now. However, they don't have other great options... no TEs like ours, no RBs like ours...

I just think if we're going to go forward and judge Roy's talent to the numbers he will put up, there will be a lot of disappointed people and a lot of empty expectations. Right now he's in the role of a #2 WR in an offense with a lot of options. I would expect average #2 WR numbers. Some great games, some not so great, some average.
                            I'm not getting in to this but how has Williams had any clutch catches?
                            #Chop

sig by BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                              Every catch is clutch. ;) Obviously, he hasn't had any clutch catches as far as winning superbowls like David Tyree (hahahahhaha), but he's done everything asked of him and he's made some very nice catches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
                                against Tampa before halftime was clutch IMO.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information