Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cowboys fans are being a joke over this game... At one point we were up 32-9 and people are calling this a "mediocre" performance. It's ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gribble View Post
      7 rec, 213 yards 1 TD.

He's terrible.
      <Yawn> Didn't say that either, but thanks for making it up!

As I wrote, the bandwagon is rolling again and the fannie boys are getting on for another ride into December.

Reminds me of the Roy Williams SS discussion circa 2005 ..... every little thing he did right was proof of his greatness and every screw up was put aside as an isolated problem and nothing to worry about.

Old saying in Boxing is every washed up fighter has one great fight left in him.
      Last edited by johnstonolb; 11-23-2008, 09:34 PM.

Comment

Cowboys fans are being a joke over this game... At one point we were up 32-9 and people are calling this a "mediocre" performance. It's ridiculous.
        Does the modern day band wagon require gas or just a horse?

Sloppy win might be better against the "friggin 49ers dude!"

Comment

• Henry got his first pick this year! and Romo didn't turn the ball over. Win and win in my books.
          Whats up buttercup!

Comment

• Originally posted by johnstonolb
            4) His big plays came on SF over pursuing Romo in the Pocket and Romo stepping into his throws deep. ALSO, TO was not jammed on any of the those routes and got a big head of steam down the field. I have seen Miles Austin make those same catches (no bobble) and fans on this website dismiss it as irrelevant.
            I haven't read anyone downplay what Miles Austin has done this year.

A win's a win without as you said... Showing off some of the stuff we did with success last week. We played like the season was on the line all last season and where did that get us down the stretch? I would prefer if we start saving all the stuff that will get us over the line until it matters and not in games against SF where we have the game won by the 3rd quarter. Last week was MUST WIN against a semi decent team. Do we need to be giving teams more film on our gamebreakers against San Fran?

I'm not going to tell you that we are Superbowl bound. But with the win against TB and Washington. We are in the boxseat for a wildcard and after last seasons heartbreak. I would much prefer to be playing our best ball in the next 10 weeks rather then the previous ten weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
              Does the modern day band wagon require gas or just a horse?

Sloppy win might be better against the "friggin 49ers dude!"
              Are you seriously insulting me? Like I come onto a blog to be insulted by some delusional guy who thinks EVERYTHING about the Cowboys has to be perfect or else the sky is falling and then we all here the "I told you so's" whenever there's a loss or a bad play or a bad half, etc.

I'm wasting my time.

Comment

<Yawn> Didn't say that either, but thanks for making it up!

As I wrote, the bandwagon is rolling again and the fannie boys are getting on for another ride into December.

Reminds me of the Roy Williams SS discussion circa 2005 ..... every little thing he did right was proof of his greatness and every screw up was put aside as an isolated problem and nothing to worry about.

Old saying in Boxing is every washed up fighter has one great fight left in him.
                C'mon Rob. You can keep trying to tell us about hating on Roy Williams, but you still I have story all wrong. You keep ignoring the real issue...

That all of us acknowledged Roy Williams deficiencies!!!

What we realized was that he wasn't going anywhere... not with the kind of cap hit we'd take by cutting him. Not after him making the Pro Bowl. Even if the Pro Bowl is meaningless, no team cuts those kind of players off their team. We were stuck with him.

Comment

Hitman, the article still stands. Watch the game and not the stats and if you did you would see those plays where all Romo and Sf breakdowns.

Frankly, I found Roy Williams catches to be more methodical and typical of what you can get/need to do in January. Opposing team D breakdowns and allowing free runs by TO at the Safeties are things bad teams let us do.

But if you want my game notes

1) We did not run the ball outside the tackles at all. Confusing given last weeks results.

2) We did not use the Witten and Bennett in the back field formation. An effective one last week.

3) TO dropped two easy cathes that I can remember, maybe three. One almost picked off as he lobs the ball in the air as if it was 800 degree C. He was not being jammed today for the most part so ... he was more effective, but we knew that already and I wrote that already in making my points.

4) His big plays came on SF over pursuing Romo in the Pocket and Romo stepping into his throws deep. ALSO, TO was not jammed on any of the those routes and got a big head of steam down the field. I have seen Miles Austin make those same catches (no bobble) and fans on this website dismiss it as irrelevant.

5) D played horribly IMHO b/c it was not prepared. This is Mike Martz Wade, what where you expecting???? Student Body Left?

6) F'ing Penalties.

7) I think SF special teams might be worse than ours.

8) Romo is so much more effective when he is scrambling, less mistakes and he seams to throw in a better rhythm. In the pocket he throws too much off his back foot and his arm is not Favre ... for example, several times this game he threw up ducks like the Witten play where he almost killed him.

9) You forget a HORRID SF team cam into Texas and EASILY should have been up 14-0 in the first. This game is more an indication of how bad SF is than anything else but I am sure the BANDWAGON is starting again, get on.

I am waiting till the Philly game b/f I get even on bit excited about January possibilities. We are not playing at a playoff level yet and have not since Game 1 this year.
                  Are you upset being a Cowboys fan? When did they ever make you happy? How did you become a fan?

Are they a perfect team? Of course not! Nobody is saying that. What bandwagon are you referring to? The one where we actually cheer for our team??? The one where we have the brightest hopes for them in spite of an uphill climb? No doubt we're still fighting for our season.

We're 2-0 after the bye and EXACTLY where we hoped we would be. We still have to beat Seattle to get closer and closer. Washington barely beat them, so I don't expect another walk thru. San Fran came off a big win last week and we beat them today. Every win in the NFL is an earned win. I expected the us to beat SF. So by winning am I a bandwagoner now?

When we lost to the Giants many were saying how badly we sucked and we weren't gonna do anything this year. We still may not, but that's not the point. The team didn't fold. We have fought back into this and we still have a chance to salvage our season. Had we lost to Washington, this kind of conversation wouldn't be mattering right now. I have a hunch you wanted us to actually lose that game. Seems like you're the kind of fan that would rather be noted for being right than wanting the team to be doing good and making your predictions/opinions look bad on an internet forum. You're always so negative about the team and then call anyone who is faithful through these tough times a bandwagoner.

What's the real deal here? You want internet recognition for your correct assumptions? I have a feeling that if the Cowboys win the Super Bowl in the future, that you will be one VERY upset fan. Cause it'll bury all of your opinions on them in the ground.

Or wait... will you THEN be a happy fan if they win the SB? Cause that sure sounds like a "bandwagon" fan to me if I ever saw one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pokeys View Post
                    ...... and Romo didn't turn the ball over....
                    Not to pick on you Pokeys but this is exactly why I say many many many times that folks don't watch the game.

Comment

Are you seriously insulting me? Like I come onto a blog to be insulted by some delusional guy who thinks EVERYTHING about the Cowboys has to be perfect or else the sky is falling and then we all here the "I told you so's" whenever there's a loss or a bad play or a bad half, etc.

I'm wasting my time.
                      Gribble, I am sorry if you are insulted by something but I did not do so in anyway. I am not trying to upset you or anyone. Just putting up some nonsense about a game I love on a website I visit.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        C'mon Rob. You can keep trying to tell us about hating on Roy Williams, but you still I have story all wrong. You keep ignoring the real issue...

That all of us acknowledged Roy Williams deficiencies!!!

What we realized was that he wasn't going anywhere... not with the kind of cap hit we'd take by cutting him. Not after him making the Pro Bowl. Even if the Pro Bowl is meaningless, no team cuts those kind of players off their team. We were stuck with him.
                        If history was invested yesterday you might be right but fact is fact and thread is there for all to read.

Sorry, but the majority of individuals here where huge fans WELLLLL past the point he was not even worthy of starting.

By mid-2005 he was done and his performance showed it. He was never a 3-4 Safety. The rest in Valley Ranch was reverse engineering to justify selling Jerseys and going to Pro Bowls.

Comment

• I think it's ironic how Bob always shows up real subtle for the first couple months, laying low, then after a few months of posting he gets to his same ol antics lol.

LOL@him saying the article still stands...It's funny when people say outlandish things like "we should feature TO less" and then he explodes, if he has lost a step and can still score 200 yards in a game then it must not of been a huge step...Guess I'm gonna have to add him back to ignore with his other 5 alias'.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                          I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            Or wait... will you THEN be a happy fan if they win the SB? Cause that sure sounds like a "bandwagon" fan to me if I ever saw one.
                            So according to what you write, I am not a fan now b/c I mercilessly critique the team but if they win the SB and I am happy then I am a bandwagon fan. Well, don't take my word for it ,,,,

bandwagon Noun jump or climb on the bandwagon to join a popular party or movement that seems assured of success

I have joined the Cowboy fan club long ago, even when they sucked so not exactly.

8-4 going into December. Big game in Pitt. I think we can really throw the ball v them. Let us hope the weather holds up.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                              I think it's ironic how Bob always shows up real subtle for the first couple months, laying low, then after a few months of posting he gets to his same ol antics lol.

LOL@him saying the article still stands...It's funny when people say outlandish things like "we should feature TO less" and then he explodes, if he has lost a step and can still score 200 yards in a game then it must not of been a huge step...Guess I'm gonna have to add him back to ignore with his other 5 alias'.
                              The bandwagon has started in Dallas. SB is 100% assured. TO is back. Romo is back.

<Yawn>

So it is "outlandish" to say 'we should feature TO less" because his production has not been the same since mid-last season? That his production dropped once team figured out press coverage and a decent rush shuts him down?

Look dude, outside of the TO fan club there are lots of respected folks who feel the same. To call them outlandish is simply wrong.

Even Jordan at 40 could drop 40 on any given night but you would not build a team around him or for that matter expect him to do so routinely.

Happy Turkey Day.
                              Last edited by johnstonolb; 11-23-2008, 11:45 PM.

Comment

• Most importantly Romo is back. He wasn't great today but he did put up his usual good numbers.

I don't know much about bandwagons cause I'm never really on them, not a fairweather fan. But this team is heading in the right direction Defense seems more motivated and it looks like Spencer could have an impact moving forward? Hamlin might have made his first good play of the season, smart of him by going for the football and stripping it. I don't give a crap about the score I'll take a San Francisco Win anyday.
                                Whats up buttercup!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information