This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
    The bandwagon has started in Dallas. SB is 100% assured. TO is back. Romo is back.

<Yawn>

Happy Turkey Day.
    The guys here posting have been here posting for a long time. I don't know where you get this bandwagon stuff from.

Nobody said the SB is 100% assured. Nobody even said that the playoffs are assured. Where do you make up this stuff?

Of course beating SF was something to expect. But nothing is a given. Yeah, they are a bad team, so what? You're mad for some reason because we didn't win 100-0?

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      Nobody said the SB is 100% assured. Nobody even said that the playoffs are assured. Where do you make up this stuff?
      In light of my previous comments, I assumed the sarcasm would have been evident.

Best wishes and have a great evening.

Comment

• Romo is off a bit...w/ the hand but, the way he is buying time and throwing while running has been excellent. He also looks rather sharp in the decision making department...except for the backward pass to Choice and one scary one he forced to Roy Williams. Oh yeah, that deep ball looks beautiful as well. Now, he'll have some bad throws but, I actually feel much more confident in Romo today than i did earlier in the season when he still had the numbers but, a very lowered morale. For playing w/ a bum finger...he and his overall precense have been impressive. Romo's restored confidence and attitude have really helped rejuvinate a struggling passing attack. They should just continue to gel w/ more time.
        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 11-23-2008, 11:44 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Pokeys, that was as close to the Romo of old since Green Bay last year. Still some more rehab needed IMHO.

Also Spencer is an upgrade over Ellis who really looks like a third down guy more and more every day at this point in his career.

D has played better since Meatball took over. They are playing to their strengths more so than under Stewart.

Good points.

Comment

• Spencer played a good game but I didn't notice if he started or came off the bench...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• I noticed we went back to more zone today which was disappointing. We really don't play well in zone. Communication and switching in the secondary is poor.

We are a much better man team. It was evident against Washington. I just dont get it.

Nice to get a win though.

My thoughts -- still too sloppy (penalties, missed tackles, blown assignments) these are the things that wade needs to clean up if he wants us to be for real.

The o-line was terrible in run blocking. I don't know, maybe the 49ers gave up so much in the air because they were determined to stop the run?

I'm happy, but I want to see how we play pittsburgh before I make any real solid judgment.

Comment

• Could I ask one big favor of everyone from now on? Could you please not quote Rob in any more of your posts. I've had him on ignore for months now, and its been like he's not even here. You should all try it. But I have a terrible time resisting when you quote him. Cool?

As for the game....it was some bad and a lot of good. Romo is going to have accuracy issues until that splint comes off, but he hasn't made a bad decision since he's been back. Both Ints last week came off of poorly thrown balls, and he hasn't really forced on into coverage yet. I'm loving it.

I, too, was disappointed in our inability to run the ball on them. But they were playing with an extra man in the box for most of the game, and Kosier went out yet again with another foot problem. We need to get Choice more involved. As much as I like MBIII, the dude dances and bounces waaaay too much. Tashard just runs upfield until someone tackles him.

I hope that these postive vibes we are generating don't get in the way of JJ doing what has to be done at the end of the year. Wade has got to go, no matter what happens from here on out, and that includes winning every game right through the Super Bowl. He is a cancer, and this team will not fulfill its potential as long as he is here. I'm glad to see us winning again and having some success, but it cannot get in the way of the fundamental reality, which is that Wade is not up to the job.

Finally, I love all the TO hate that has been going on. These TV personalities and columnists are so desperate to generate attention that they simply do not have any credibility left. You cannot take a single thing they say seriously, because it all comes with a hidden motive behind it. They are like the loud drunk girl at the party who just wants people to look at her. They will say/do anything, and its embarrasing to be around. The only way to stick it to them is by refusing to click the link. Anyone with an eye to see and a brain to understand could clearly tell that TO still has every bit of the physical ability he ever had. Its obvious as hell.
                Originally posted by 21ST
                He was protecting his self
                Originally posted by tjsunstein
                From what? His leg?
                Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
                That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
                "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• What about Hamlin? He played one hell of a game. If he played with someone competent next to him (no more Keith Davis, please) he would be an amazing player.

In Bob We Trust

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                    What about Hamlin? He played one hell of a game. If he played with someone competent next to him (no more Keith Davis, please) he would be an amazing player.
                    I really hope we address that in the draft next year. My top 3 wishes for the 2009 draft are safety, OL, and DL.

Comment

• Yeah, the run blocking wasn't exactly great yesterday. I was complaining about not running it enough, but whenever Barber got the ball he got stuffed. I know Justin Smith and Patrick Willis are fine players and Ray McDonald seems to be on his way to be a real nice one, but I expected a bit more from our running game.

Comment

• Paul, I'm not too concerned. SF was committed to stopping the run, hence TO going off for 213 yards.

With NFL defenses, you very seldom go crazy with the run and the pass. NFL defense are just too good, and can generally take away one facet of your offense. SF chose to take away MBIII. That obviously, loosens things up for your running game.
                        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by FinChase View Post
                          I really hope we address that in the draft next year. My top 3 wishes for the 2009 draft are safety, OL, and DL.

I agree, especially on S. I also think we really need to look at ILB.
                          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by FinChase View Post
                            I really wish we would not have made the Roy Williams trade. We need help on the OL, DL, ILB, and S, and then we decide to give up 3 picks for a WR? I mean ya he will help the offense, but seriously was that something we needed? If you ask me I say no. If you can't have a good offense with Romo, Witten, Barber, TO, Crayton, and a solid OL then you should just kiss your ass goodbye and fire the offensive coordinator.

If you want to stay on top in the league you have to build through the draft. Giving up 3 picks for something that is just a perk is dumb. Jerry sacrificed long term success for his I want it now attitude when I don't even think it was necessary.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crimson79 View Post
                              I really wish we would not have made the Roy Williams trade. We need help on the OL, DL, ILB, and S, and then we decide to give up 3 picks for a WR? I mean ya he will help the offense, but seriously was that something we needed? If you ask me I say no. If you can't have a good offense with Romo, Witten, Barber, TO, Crayton, and a solid OL then you should just kiss your ass goodbye and fire the offensive coordinator.

If you want to stay on top in the league you have to build through the draft. Giving up 3 picks for something that is just a perk is dumb. Jerry sacrificed long term success for his I want it now attitude when I don't even think it was necessary.
                              We have a TON of pick so the only "problem" with the Roy Williams is that we gave up a first. But we have so many picks we will be able to move a lot on draft day. I think we'll end up with two second rounders.

In Bob We Trust

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                                We have a TON of pick so the only "problem" with the Roy Williams is that we gave up a first. But we have so many picks we will be able to move a lot on draft day. I think we'll end up with two second rounders.
                                Yeah we have a decent number of picks right, but before the Roy Williams trade we could have had an absolute beast of a draft. I am talkin Duke Robinson, BJ Raji, Patrick Chung beastly. That is easily an upgrade at guard, DT, and safety.

Jerry gets infatuated with stars, and forgets that to be a good team you need to have depth. Hate to use it as an example, but look at the Giants and Patriots. Yesterday the Giants beat the Cardinals. They were missing Brandon Jacobs, Plaxico Burress, and Osi Umenyiora. That is easily their best RB, WR, and DE. They still managed to win the game. The Patriots lose Tom Brady, Adalius Thomas, Rodney Harrison, Laurence Maroney, and they still look like a playoff team. We lose Romo, Kosier, Newman, and what do we look like? A bucket full of twisted fist f**k.
                                Last edited by Crimson79; 11-24-2008, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information