This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
    3) TO does hurt this team b/c we force the ball to him and only stupid teams allow him to have 49er type games. As soon as we see a good D the Offense grinds to a halt b/c 80% of the passing game revolves around TO and he gets shut down EASILY in Bump/Safety coverage.
    Nate Clements is one of the most physical corners in the league. If not THE most physical. TO ate him up.

...and don't kid yourself. Whether we had TO or not, Garrett would still prefer a passing game.

Comment

We always talk empty words about all our talent yet we manage to ignore them most of the game. I dunno but I watched Sunday and I walked away seeing that we are going to have big problems come December versus the better Defense.
      Yeah, you're sitting there just hoping and praying that they suck, just so you can be right. I just don't get fans like you.

Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
      4) Outside of Cowboy fans most folks in the NFL consider GM Jones to be a less senile and less talented Al Davis. As an Owner he is wonderful -- he gives fannies what they want -- like what a pusher does to his junkies to keep them coming back.
      Most criticize him because he's an easy target. He's brave enough to make bold moves... moves that other owners are afraid of making. The reason why I like him is because he's not afraid of risk. You hate him for that reason. To each their own. Fans from other teams hate him because they hate the Cowboys. Let's be real real about that.

Comment

Never ceases to amaze me the lengths many fans go to "support the team" by willfully ignoring the problems and pumping every decision the team makes like some Cheerleader squad.
        You're right. If supporting the team is a crime, then I'm guilty as charged. I'm not a bandwagon fan who is only supportive when the team is doing good. I'll be there through thick and thin.

I realize this team has a lot to do before becoming a SB champion. I'm not blind at that. However, when I see progress, I acknowledge it. I don't hold grudges against Jerry for his past mistakes... then use that as justification that he will never do any good ever again. That's ridiculous! He's shown me that he's been able to learn from each mistake.

It never ceases to amaze me how people can get so emotionally attached in anger that their hatred becomes the foundation for their logic.

Then when the team is successful, they are just as happy as the guys who were strong supporters, if not more happy.

Comment

• Bob, if I remember correctly you're from Dallas, right? I don't know if you like hockey but you probably know who Anti Miettinen is. Miettinen was AWFUL for the Stars, just like Carpenter for the Cowboys. He showed promises but after that he was just a waste of time stealing time from better players (aka Loui Eriksson). This past offseason the Stars let him go and he found some sort of success with the Minnesota Wild and the fans (who absolutely hated him) were asking why in the hell did the front office let him go.
          Miettinen got hot for some time after a change of scenery because Minnesota was a better fit for him. But he will still be a hot-n-cold type of player.
          We can say the same for Carpenter. Maybe he will have success somewhere else but that wouldn't change the fact that he was no fit in Dallas. Anyway I still doubt Carpenter ability to play at the NFL level. He really hates contact.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
            Bob, if I remember correctly you're from Dallas, right? I don't know if you like hockey but you probably know who Anti Miettinen is. Miettinen was AWFUL for the Stars, just like Carpenter for the Cowboys. He showed promises but after that he was just a waste of time stealing time from better players (aka Loui Eriksson). This past offseason the Stars let him go and he found some sort of success with the Minnesota Wild and the fans (who absolutely hated him) were asking why in the hell did the front office let him go.
            Miettinen got hot for some time after a change of scenery because Minnesota was a better fit for him. But he will still be a hot-n-cold type of player.
            We can say the same for Carpenter. Maybe he will have success somewhere else but that wouldn't change the fact that he was no fit in Dallas. Anyway I still doubt Carpenter ability to play at the NFL level. He really hates contact.
            We will see now Carp does elsewhere. I could easily be dead wrong but I have a right to my opinion on the unknown as you do yours.

My summary on Carp is he got screwed in the transition and not because of his play. Same reason Fasano and Ayodele got traded for a box of chocolates and are playing pretty good in Miami -- certainly worth more than a 4th rounder.

On the other points on players and player development, I will let my track record speak for itself over time. I love talking players and how they fit in scheme. It is what most interests me about Football but I am not one who simply thinks a great talent for any scheme works. I also find this approach to football naive and indicative of bad GMing. Step right up Jerry Jones and Senile Al.

D-Unit: Angry? Hardly, I love watching the games. I love being a "fan"atic on game day. Intellectually, however, I get annoyed by shallow comments or by factually incorrect ones outside of game day. To say, as one said, we likely under paid for Roy Williams WR is just one of many laughable comments given the conditions in the league right now.

To all have a great Thanksgiving where ever you are. Enjoy the Seahawk stuffing too.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              Who hired BP and Jimmie? Mhm. Give credit to Jerry for those hires. He pulled the strings on those puppet heads.
              Yes he did hire them, he also fired them to install puppet regimes that made him look more important in order to hog the credit ,,,,, even if over time the team declined b/c of those decisions.

Comment

Yeah, you're sitting there just hoping and praying that they suck, just so you can be right. I just don't get fans like you.

Most criticize him because he's an easy target. He's brave enough to make bold moves... moves that other owners are afraid of making. The reason why I like him is because he's not afraid of risk. You hate him for that reason. To each their own. Fans from other teams hate him because they hate the Cowboys. Let's be real real about that.
                I realise this is difficult for fans to understand but you can be the biggest fan of the team and its players on game day but be their biggest critic when not. That is what many good coaches are and ALLLLLL good GMers are that way. Merciless in seeking improvement.

Jerry has made some bold GM moves I loved but many that made no sense at all. More importantly though, D, is it is a sequencing thing. What priorities and where? How do you put it together multiple moves to solve many problems without giving away the future?

I just have not seen it from Jones, not ever and not once. Just fact.

Comment

Yes he did hire them, he also fired them to install puppet regimes that made him look more important in order to hog the credit ,,,,, even if over time the team declined b/c of those decisions.
                  Jerry practically begged Parcells to stay. The last thing he did was fire him, so get the facts right.

Comment

I realise this is difficult for fans to understand but you can be the biggest fan of the team and its players on game day but be their biggest critic when not. That is what many good coaches are and ALLLLLL good GMers are that way. Merciless in seeking improvement.

Jerry has made some bold GM moves I loved but many that made no sense at all. More importantly though, D, is it is a sequencing thing. What priorities and where? How do you put it together multiple moves to solve many problems without giving away the future?

I just have not seen it from Jones, not ever and not once. Just fact.
                    What are you talking about? All we do around here is talk about the improvements that need to be made! Are you that unaware of the discussions that we have here?

I realize that it's difficult for you to accept that Jerry should get credited for any good and should only get credited for all the bad, but the fact remains, this is his team. It has always been his team since he has owned them. And the team has made some great improvements since the 3 5-11 seasons that we had to endure. We're one of the better teams in the league right now with a fighting chance for the playoffs, but Jerry has given us that hope. It's fair to have higher expectations, it's fair to be a critic, but to base all your logic around the guy because your hatred for him is emotionally charged to him is senseless.

I haven't seen any moves where Jerry has mortgaged away our future, so I don't know what you're talking about in your last paragraph. In fact, if the moves he's made hasn't shown that he doesn't have a mind for the future of the team, then I don't know if I can talk sense with you at all.

Comment

• Ya Rob....Parcells wasn't kicked out....I believe his exact quote was something along the lines of "I just didn't have it in me to go through another season. To lose on something as fundamental as a chip shot field goal after all the time we put in was just too much."

Comment

• I have a little prediction here.

Montrae Holland will eliminate the need to draft an OG in the 2009 NFL Draft.

Comment

I have a little prediction here.

Montrae Holland will eliminate the need to draft an OG in the 2009 NFL Draft.
                          I hope....

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                            I hope....
                            I felt the same way about Tank Johnson being our future NT solution, so there's food for thought. haha.

Comment

• Well, at least he has a better "anchor" than Procter.

Really, about all we need from that position is to not get bull rushed into Romo's lap everytime he drops back. That was happening on a regular basis with Procter.
                              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                                Well, at least he has a better "anchor" than Procter.

Really, about all we need from that position is to not get bull rushed into Romo's lap everytime he drops back. That was happening on a regular basis with Procter.
                                Let's not kid ourselves either... The same thing was happening WITH Kosier too.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information