Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm not expecting Holland to be good, but as long as he isn't below average, that would be an upgrade to Proctor.

We aren't getting the best out of Marion. The pass protection will always be ok because of Tony and what he can do, but we need to be opening up more holes for the Barbarian.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
      I'm not expecting Holland to be good, but as long as he isn't below average, that would be an upgrade to Proctor.

We aren't getting the best out of Marion. The pass protection will always be ok because of Tony and what he can do, but we need to be opening up more holes for the Barbarian.
      Well, I'm hoping that he'll be able to be good enough that he'll own the position. I don't think he'll be a pro bowler or any kind of stud like that, but if he can give us consistency and keep the penalties down to a minimum (unlike penalty prone Kosier), then that's a great fit, imo. I don't want us to think we can afford to have an all star at every position in order to be satisfied. Holland could be a key player for us even if he's not the next Larry Allen.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Jerry practically begged Parcells to stay. The last thing he did was fire him, so get the facts right.
        OK, Parcells said no to TO and wanted total control of the roster. Jones said TO stays and no.

So, he did not "fire" Parcells but essentially did what he knew was needed to get BP out.

So ..... Parcells said he was tired and took another job 9 months later then stole his gusy from Valley Ranch.

Label it what you will the results are the same.

Comment

I'm not expecting Holland to be good, but as long as he isn't below average, that would be an upgrade to Proctor.

Be nice if we ran outside occasionally like in the DC game. Also the Witten and Bennett thing in the backfield is impressive -- a little more of that too.

This past week everything was between the tackles with Deon in the lead. Not very effective..

Comment

I have a little prediction here.

Montrae Holland will eliminate the need to draft an OG in the 2009 NFL Draft.
            Maybe. Unlikely.

Comment

I felt the same way about Tank Johnson being our future NT solution, so there's food for thought. haha.
              Still say Spears is the right guy internally. He is a plugger and that is all he can be. Time for a Come to Jesus with Marcus.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
                OK, Parcells said no to TO and wanted total control of the roster. Jones said TO stays and no.

So, he did not "fire" Parcells but essentially did what he knew was needed to get BP out.

So ..... Parcells said he was tired and took another job 9 months later then stole his gusy from Valley Ranch.

Label it what you will the results are the same.
                Oh I didn't know Parcells was back into coaching. No wait... He's not.

In Parcells' last season with us, it was painfully obvious to see that he had lost the energy for coaching. His schemes were also not working. Remember the "vanila" defense complaints? Parcells left to do what he wanted to do... control personnel decisions. Something he still felt he was good at. Did he leave us for another HC job? Your assumption holds no water. Parcells was done with coaching. DONE.

He didn't steal anyone. Sparano interviewed for Dallas' HC job and didn't get it. Once again, your facts are skewed.

I hated Ferg. Parcells ended up with some spare leftover parts. I say good riddance Fasano and HELLOOOO Bennett!

Comment

Be nice if we ran outside occasionally like in the DC game. Also the Witten and Bennett thing in the backfield is impressive -- a little more of that too.

This past week everything was between the tackles with Deon in the lead. Not very effective..
                  I don't know if you know that... In the NFL, you don't use the same game plan for all 16 games.

Comment

Still say Spears is the right guy internally. He is a plugger and that is all he can be. Time for a Come to Jesus with Marcus.
                    Spears is a good for nothing waste of a roster spot. He's not even a plugger. He doesn't hold the point of attack. He's never gonna draw a double team. He's nothing.

Jay Ratliff is going to be our NT for the long term foreseable future, imo.

That said, I do see us pursuing another if not 2 more DEs. One of them will be Igor Olshansky.

Our philosophy may shadow that of the Giants Ace Formation, except with three DL instead of 4.

Olshansky - Ratliff - Canty

I just don't see Ratliff losing his spot at NT before Spears loses his spot at DE. I don't see Spears being extended at all.

3 attacking DEs along our DL. That's our future. Not the traditional gap clogging NT that we keep clamoring for.

Watch out for this. Remember where you heard it first.

Comment

• I also liked the 2 TE in the backfield.. not sure why we didn't see it when we seemed to be struggling to run.

Maybe there wasn't much of a need to establish the run when they were giving us so much through the air? Garrett is obsessed with passing? who knows.

I hope to see it used against pittsburgh though. It's going to be a real gritty game. If anyone remembers last years Pitt vs. Miami game -- well, we're looking at that same situation this year. 4 games are going to be played on the field the day before we play and there will be 4 layers of sod to make up for it.

We're going to need a healthy dose a MBIII to succeed.

Comment

I also liked the 2 TE in the backfield.. not sure why we didn't see it when we seemed to be struggling to run.

Maybe there wasn't much of a need to establish the run when they were giving us so much through the air? Garrett is obsessed with passing? who knows.

I hope to see it used against pittsburgh though. It's going to be a real gritty game. If anyone remembers last years Pitt vs. Miami game -- well, we're looking at that same situation this year. 4 games are going to be played on the field the day before we play and there will be 4 layers of sod to make up for it.

We're going to need a healthy dose a MBIII to succeed.
                        I'm not sure if the best way of beating Pitt is to match them mano a mano in ground power. I think that plays right into their strengths. This could be a game where a heavy passing attack could do us well as their secondary can be exploited easier than their front 7.

Comment

• Speaking about the future I think we need to resign Burnett and go after an ILB in round 2 or 3. If you look at San Diego under Wade Phillips they always had a run thumper in the middle next to Donnie Edwards. Bradie James will be fine if we add another LB with great range in the lineup.
                          And I'm totally in favor of going after Olshansky.

Anyway, even if i've never eaten a turkey in my life happy Thanksgiving to everyone :)

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

I'm not sure if the best way of beating Pitt is to match them mano a mano in ground power. I think that plays right into their strengths. This could be a game where a heavy passing attack could do us well as their secondary can be exploited easier than their front 7.
                            I'd love to pass against them, I just don't think the conditions are going to permit it. I'm with you on that, but heavy snow or rain and a crap field might force us to run.

It supposed to be cold, and possibly/probably snowing. The field could potentially be in the same condition that it was in against Miami last year. Like I said above, they are allowing 4 HS games to be played the day before and plan on compensating by throwing a bunch of sod on the field.

Personally I think it's ********. Pitt shouldn't be allowed to have some ****** field that works to their team strengths. They should be forced to use field turf. That game against Miami last year was a joke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                              Speaking about the future I think we need to resign Burnett and go after an ILB in round 2 or 3. If you look at San Diego under Wade Phillips they always had a run thumper in the middle next to Donnie Edwards. Bradie James will be fine if we add another LB with great range in the lineup.
                              And I'm totally in favor of going after Olshansky.

Anyway, even if i've never eaten a turkey in my life happy Thanksgiving to everyone :)
                              I like the way we've been using Bradie lately by putting him on the line in the 3-3 or 4-6 look. He's still a turd but at least dough boy has found a decent way to use him and improve our pressure.

I love KB so I'm with you on that. I'm a KB homer though. I realize he is a walking injury. I just hope we can't keep him for a reasonable price.

Comment

• Burnett is a goner. He might be a good footballer but that man is THE personification of INJURY PRONE~!

Oh and someone asked about our rejects who are doing well elsewhere. Isn't one of em playing MLB for the Saints at the moment? That's not super successful but he is starting elsewhere.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information