Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want Alexander at all. Get some other scrub.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• I dont want him either but really, it's not going to matter all that much who it is. If anyone, that is.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Anyway I like what I saw from Choice, he played a good game and he could be a good change of pace back for us.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Is Ray Lewis' brother still on the practice squad? May be time to bring him up to the main roster?

Comment

• Nice Turkey Day, we did what we needed to do and where fairly organized. A few observations ...

1) I like how Wade gets more aggressive with blitzes et al in the red zone. Meatball is not a bad D Coordinator.

2) We are playing much more press coverage, particularly on short yardage downs. A good thing which once we get Pacman back will make us more effective.

3) Montrae Holland looked OK, saw him get to the second level on a few plays .... which has been the biggest issue with our Guards and Centers in run blocking.... slow getting to the LBs who then get penetration. I hope he sticks and too everyone's point he fits Houck's ideas. He still looks like jelly but as long as he is a better fit for our scheme it beats using a 1st on a Guard.

4) Romo looked much better with the throws. They were sharper. I hope he can keep a good grip in the bad weather.

5) We really need to get better timing down in the passing game with the 3 step drop. When teams blitz us we really have trouble unless Romo does acrobatics and buys time -- not exactly methodical.

6) We spread the ball out in the passing game -- also very good. Passing game looked much better than last week. It would be to see Deon Anderson get a few too, while not a fan of his blocking, I thought he was pretty good in catch and run situations.

7) Special Teams are much better lately. Looks like Polk and Williams are valuable additions to help out Davis, et al.

8) Hatcher played really well. He is much better than Spears at the DE spot. Marcus, NT, please.

9) I can't stand the D preening every time they make a play. Reminds me of Lombardi's old saying .... act like you done it before.

Anyway, Seahawks suck but we did what we needed to do. The Season starts in December for us. I want 4-0.

Comment

• Originally posted by Staubach12 View Post
              I don't want Alexander at all. Get some other scrub.
              He absolutely sucks. He dogged it since his big contract in '06.

Lattimore, at least, gives you hustle and some speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                I'm not sure if the best way of beating Pitt is to match them mano a mano in ground power. I think that plays right into their strengths. This could be a game where a heavy passing attack could do us well as their secondary can be exploited easier than their front 7.
                I agree. Of course, it really depends on what the weather is going to look like. I think we really have a good chance to beat Pitt. I've thought Pitt has been overrated all year long. Their defense is very good, but I think their OL is in the lower half of the league, and they're banged up. They have been very porous with their pass blocking. I think Ware gets after Big Ben and I think we take advantage of matchup problems with our TEs vs Pitt's LBers.

I really like the way the Cowboys match up against Pitt.
                In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• I agree. I do like our chances against Pitt. I think we could really shock everyone by beating them. Right now, nobody is giving us a chance. Everyone is locking this up as a loss for us. But winning this game is big time for us. It could make our grip on that WC spot all the more tighter. It'd give us 9 wins! Even with 9 wins we have a fighting shot. But if we get that, we'd only need 1 more to get in for sure, imo. We need this bad. We have a few extra days to prepare for it and allow our guys to get healthy again thanks to the short week, this week. The team's confidence is real high and things are clicking better now than they have all year.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE what I saw out of Holland. He's a HUGE son of gun! His arms are huge! Not fat. He's gonna fit in perfectly into what we do in the future. I kept an eye on him all game. ZERO penalties. ZERO sacks allowed. He moved well going forward, but he still looks like he needs to shed some more weight as his lateral mobility is not that great. He needs to be more nimble. Barber's TD was all Holland. *Scartching OG off the first day draft list*

Martellus Bennett... What an absolute stud! Jerry hit the jackpot there... or should I say... the scout team hit the jackpot there. Remember Jerry saying he wished he had traded up for a WR, but was convinced by the rest of the war room guys that they didn't need to? Bennett has been better for us than Devin Thomas, Limas Sweed, Jordy Nelson, James Hardy, Jerome Simpson, Dexter Jackson have been for their teams. ...and they all were drafted ahead of Bennett.

Rob, do you still miss Fasano?

Witten looked alive again. Glad to see him playing healthy.

It was cool to see Roy's number called on that reverse play which he got a first down on.

Tra Battle looked pretty good on special teams coverage.

I have come to really love that Orlando Scandrick's play and hustle. He plays like a veteran! Seems so polished. He was supposed to be raw. He just wows me.

Comment

• I was impressed with Holland, too. It begs the question, Why the hell did it take this long?!

The main thing I noticed on several pass plays is that he never got pushed backwards. He was always pushing his man to the side. He may even work out better than Kosier in the long run because of how stout he is. He looks like a fire hydrant.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                      I was impressed with Holland, too. It begs the question, Why the hell did it take this long?!

The main thing I noticed on several pass plays is that he never got pushed backwards. He was always pushing his man to the side. He may even work out better than Kosier in the long run because of how stout he is. He looks like a fire hydrant.
                      Haha fire hydrant! Yep... That's him!

He's taken this long because he was out of shape and still needed to learn the system. Denver's zone blocking system is completely different than ours is.

So far so good. I hope he continues to shed more weight to improve his agility.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                        Martellus Bennett... What an absolute stud! Jerry hit the jackpot there... or should I say... the scout team hit the jackpot there. Remember Jerry saying he wished he had traded up for a WR, but was convinced by the rest of the war room guys that they didn't need to? Bennett has been better for us than Devin Thomas, Limas Sweed, Jordy Nelson, James Hardy, Jerome Simpson, Dexter Jackson have been for their teams. ...and they all were drafted ahead of Bennett.
                        That's a great point, and to think we "settled" for him, he has a great personality, and he's the last person the defense is worried about stopping.

Getting Holland for a 5th is already looking like a steal, say what you want about Jerry but judging from our rookie class and the Holland trade somebody is doing their job at evaluating talent.

Our offense is finally looking like the one of last year except more playmakers, going into Pittsburgh and the #1 defense will be exciting to see how good we are really playing...Are they still doing flex scheduling? Because I could see them making that a night game.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shane_man View Post
                          Is Ray Lewis' brother still on the practice squad? May be time to bring him up to the main roster?
                          Lattimore was never on the practice squad...he got cut from the team and we kept Alonzo Coleman.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            That's a great point, and to think we "settled" for him, he has a great personality, and he's the last person the defense is worried about stopping.

Getting Holland for a 5th is already looking like a steal, say what you want about Jerry but judging from our rookie class and the Holland trade somebody is doing their job at evaluating talent.

Our offense is finally looking like the one of last year except more playmakers, going into Pittsburgh and the #1 defense will be exciting to see how good we are really playing...Are they still doing flex scheduling? Because I could see them making that a night game.

Pittsburgh has a very tough game this weekend too. Lets hope NE roughs them up abit.:)

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Jerry sounded excited about Coleman this morning on the Ticket. He said he is their fastest RB. Not sure if he's including Felix (i.e., fastest healthy back). It's looking like if they do need him, it would only be for one week. However, I think Barber goes on the 7th.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Um, D-Unit, this may be too much for you to understand but Miami got the better end of the Fasano/Ayodele deal. Nevertheless, I never liked the Fasano drafting or the Carp drafting either if that matters at all.

On the folks crowning Holland, better than Proctor, but he also missed quite a few assignments in the running game b/c he is still too large and over weight. Nevertheless, he fits Houck's scheme much better than Proctor. Why not give Montrae a few weeks v some better teams before spilling the seed on the Kleenex. He was tossed out for a 5th but anyway.

As I said last week, the train is leaving the station in Dallas .... and this website. If we beat Pittsburgh (I predict we will if the weather holds up), the hysteria will be deafening in Dallas.

On our next game, frankly Pitts D Back don't play press coverage well enuff to stop our passing game as long as Romo is sharp. We won't run on them anyway and Romo will be running for his life on a few plays. Key is Romo being sharp in the intermediate passing game to the non-TO receivers IMHO. If we can do that, their SS will over commit to those short routes and some deep patterns will be open if we catch them in zone or TO gets past the CB if they try pressing.

On our D, their O line is very mediocre and I can see another 6-8 sack game. Plus their RB s are nothing to fear and Roethlisburg is mistake prone. Meatball should roll up on the Eagles game film to see how to stop them cold.

My only concern is if we don't get to Roethlisburg he can kill us deep with WR 85 and Santonio Holmes. Hines will get his catches regardless but not back breaker type stuff.
                                Last edited by johnstonolb; 11-28-2008, 05:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information