Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
    Jerry sounded excited about Coleman this morning on the Ticket.
    Jerry is excited about the coffee maker he just bought. Level headed and calm is not a thing he is capable of.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      That's a great point, and to think we "settled" for him, he has a great personality, and he's the last person the defense is worried about stopping.
      So if people are ignoring him don't you think he should make plays? I mean, he does draw a check. Great personality? My god how soon everyone forgets. Woooooo Wooooooooo! Train is leaving the Hyperbole Station!

      Anyway, I love his height and jumping in the red zone -- just like Roy Williams. It is a wonderful thing.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
        Um, D-Unit, this may be too much for you to understand but Miami got the better end of the Fasano/Ayodele deal. Nevertheless, I never liked the Fasano drafting or the Carp drafting either if that matters at all.

        On the folks crowning Holland, better than Proctor, but he also missed quite a few assignments in the running game b/c he is still too large and over weight. Nevertheless, he fits Houck's scheme much better than Proctor. Why not give Montrae a few weeks v some better teams before spilling the seed on the Kleenex. He was tossed out for a 5th but anyway.

        As I said last week, the train is leaving the station in Dallas .... and this website. If we beat Pittsburgh (I predict we will if the weather holds up), the hysteria will be deafening in Dallas.

        On our next game, frankly Pitts D Back don't play press coverage well enuff to stop our passing game as long as Romo is sharp. We won't run on them anyway and Romo will be running for his life on a few plays. Key is Romo being sharp in the intermediate passing game to the non-TO receivers IMHO. If we can do that, their SS will over commit to those short routes and some deep patterns will be open if we catch them in zone or TO gets past the CB if they try pressing.

        On our D, their O line is very mediocre and I can see another 6-8 sack game. Plus their RB s are nothing to fear and Roethlisburg is mistake prone. Meatball should roll up on the Eagles game film to see how to stop them cold.

        My only concern is if we don't get to Roethlisburg he can kill us deep with WR 85 and Santonio Holmes. Hines will get his catches regardless but not back breaker type stuff.
        Um... Rob, I know this won't get through to you, but um... Fasano and Ayodele were worthless to us. The fact that we got anything in return for them at all is amazing. The only thing Fasano showed us was that he was penalty prone, dropped passes and loved to eat calzones. He was a busted second round pick. Ayodele was Mr. Invisible. That's why we went out and got Zach. He was pissed when we did that, but he deserved it. Those 2 guys would've been meaningless to us this year... even if we didn't draft Bennett, Curtis would probably have a bigger impact than Fasano. Heck, Fasano does nothing for Miami. WTF am I missing? Should I be sad that they are gone?

        Holland had no penalties. Already he's better than Kosier in that regard. Regardless of the competition. I still stick to my prediction that he'll be our starter in '09. I also stick to my prediction that he wipes out the need to spend an early pick at OG.

        I don't get the whole bandwagon thing you keep talking about. You mean all the positive attitude? Or that people are starting to be fans who never used to be fans? All I know is that you are hating all of this success.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post

          I don't get the whole bandwagon thing you keep talking about. You mean all the positive attitude? Or that people are starting to be fans who never used to be fans? All I know is that you are hating all of this success.
          Im pretty sure he means the "All praise the mighty cowboys" will get going in full swing and the team starts to buy into it and feel like they are entitled to winning, instead of earning it like everyone else.

          Like Rob, this is something that worries me. I thought last years loss in the playoffs would have made everyone wake up and smell the roses, but no, we came out acting like the football gods and got owned early this year.

          Guys have been saying recently that this is a new team, every week is a must win, they don't take anything for granted -- and I hope that's true, but I still have my doubts.

          Wade does have them playing better defense though which is cool. I think Burnett actually got the start yesterday, not sure if anyone else noticed that. It was because of the formation Seattle started in, but still.

          I've also seen wade get fired up a few times recently which is nice to see. He also isn't sucking off the players as much. These are all positive signs of improvement as far as the teams mentality in my eyes.

          Comment


          • Wade is the man and Pittsburghs offense doesn't really scare me.
            Whats up buttercup!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
              Im pretty sure he means the "All praise the mighty cowboys" will get going in full swing and the team starts to buy into it and feel like they are entitled to winning, instead of earning it like everyone else.

              Like Rob, this is something that worries me. I thought last years loss in the playoffs would have made everyone wake up and smell the roses, but no, we came out acting like the football gods and got owned early this year.

              Guys have been saying recently that this is a new team, every week is a must win, they don't take anything for granted -- and I hope that's true, but I still have my doubts.

              Wade does have them playing better defense though which is cool. I think Burnett actually got the start yesterday, not sure if anyone else noticed that. It was because of the formation Seattle started in, but still.

              I've also seen wade get fired up a few times recently which is nice to see. He also isn't sucking off the players as much. These are all positive signs of improvement as far as the teams mentality in my eyes.

              I think Rob is referring to the posters on this site more then the actual team which makes no sense to me...As soon as someone says anything positive about anything or anyone he starts talking about the bandwagon and how everyone is on the hype train.


              As far as the team, if they are, or aren't feeling themselves right now, they still don't have the playoffs locked up so it really doesn't matter...If we can't go 3-1 we wouldn't of won the super bowl anyway, so we have to prove our worth these next 4 games and play the 1st round of the playoffs...I think the key is Romo's confidence and progression, if he continues to play better each week within the system the sky is the limit, if that makes me a homer then so be it, but if he plays well the chances of us losing are very small.





              Originally posted by Scott Wright
              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                Im pretty sure he means the "All praise the mighty cowboys" will get going in full swing and the team starts to buy into it and feel like they are entitled to winning, instead of earning it like everyone else.
                It already has started. When we beat Pittsburgh it will crescendo ..... some signs things are better -- special teams, use of the blitz but we are still weak in certain areas -- 3rd Down Pass Coverage, Running Ball consistently, penalties.

                Season starts in Pittsburgh is all I am saying and it is very very good to see the Offense playing better even if it is versus crappy teams.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  Should I be sad that they are gone?
                  Now, what does this have to do with a dialogue about the GM's bad decisions and giving away payers he does not "like." My only beef here is with the GM, not the players.

                  Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  Holland had no penalties. Already he's better than Kosier in that regard. Regardless of the competition. I still stick to my prediction that he'll be our starter in '09. I also stick to my prediction that he wipes out the need to spend an early pick at OG.
                  Hope so but fact is if we picked based on "Need" in Dallas neither Fasano, nor Bennett, nor Spencer would have been picked. We also would have a real NT and unleash Ratliff at DE.

                  With respect to Kosier, he is not a Houck type lineman so the prediction is reasonable and very probable. I do not think any knowledgable football fan would disagree or feel this controversial.

                  Going out on a limb is what I do with my player predictions.

                  Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                  I don't get the whole bandwagon thing you keep talking about. You mean all the positive attitude? Or that people are starting to be fans who never used to be fans? All I know is that you are hating all of this success.
                  Well, we already have folks on this website saying things like if Romo plays well we are nearly unstoppable. Others crowning Montrae after one game the starter. Other thinking are D is playing extremely well .... which it is not.

                  I don't know about all that stuff, but fact is we lost to the Rams dude and still are not assured of a playoff birth.

                  I got too excited about this team last two years only to see them collapse. We have the same cast of characters so until you prove something don't bother hyping or even talking playoffs.

                  One game at a time for this team. They are not smart or tough enuff for anything else. Neither are most of us fannies.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
                    Now, what does this have to do with a dialogue about the GM's bad decisions and giving away payers he does not "like." My only beef here is with the GM, not the players.

                    And what's the beef? You wanted him to keep Fasano and Ayodele? Or you blaming him for drafting them in the first place? Cause the last I heard, all you did was credit Parcells for all the drafting. Yet you want to blame Jerry for Fasano? You can't have it both ways. Both Fasano and Ayodele were Parcells decisions. I actually credit Jerry for getting rid of them when he did.


                    Hope so but fact is if we picked based on "Need" in Dallas neither Fasano, nor Bennett, nor Spencer would have been picked. We also would have a real NT and unleash Ratliff at DE.


                    Smart drafting is not simply drafting based on "Need". When you do that you reach for players and pass up on better talent. Thank goodness Jerry does not follow your philosophy.

                    We're all pissed that we didn't pick up Jenkins or Rogers in FA... I've been saying since Ferg looked like a flop after his first year that NT was a huge need. I was pissed when we passed on Alan Branch for Carp. But it looks like neither player has turned out to be much so far...


                    With respect to Kosier, he is not a Houck type lineman so the prediction is reasonable and very probable. I do not think any knowledgable football fan would disagree or feel this controversial.

                    Going out on a limb is what I do with my player predictions.

                    We all do that pal. Except when we do it, you like to call it "overhyping" the guy. *cough* Montrae Holland *cough*

                    Well, we already have folks on this website saying things like if Romo plays well we are nearly unstoppable. Others crowning Montrae after one game the starter. Other thinking are D is playing extremely well .... which it is not.

                    Our D is not playing extremely well. Certain players are, but as a whole we're doing what we should versus bad teams.

                    I don't know about all that stuff, but fact is we lost to the Rams dude and still are not assured of a playoff birth.

                    Yeah, we lost in that game... and Steven Jackson was playing like a man possessed. He's been out since then. They aren't the same team dude. You at least realize that right? Any team can beat any team on any given Sunday. The most talented team doesn't always win. Right? To assume based on talent that wins are a given is a mistake on who's part?

                    I got too excited about this team last two years only to see them collapse. We have the same cast of characters so until you prove something don't bother hyping or even talking playoffs.

                    hahaha... is that a hilarious thought or what? YOU got your hopes up on them the past 2 years??? Since when have you been positive on the team? You've hated on them since day 1! But if you say your feelings got hurt because they lost, I'll take it for what you say. That's your bad for assuming losing wasn't an option in the playoffs. tsk tsk tsk. I expected better out of you.

                    Why's hyping the playoffs? Quote someone or keep your lies to yourself. If we want to talk about the possibilities of the playoffs... what it would take...and what we need to be hoping for... THAT AIN'T HYPING UP THE PLAYOFFS!!!


                    One game at a time for this team. They are not smart or tough enuff for anything else. Neither are most of us fannies.

                    I think everyone agrees that it's one game at a time. Especially the players. That's all I've heard from them. But as far as "us fannies" not being smart enough or tough enough... well, uh... there's only one person here who I know who expected the Boys to win because of the talent they had on paper and who had their feelings hurt badly enough, that they quit all future hope in them. Maybe some of us need to look in the mirror, eh?

                    Answers in bold.

                    Comment


                    • Well, Ware has already 15 sacks. If he comes near 20 do you think he has a chance to be the DPOY?


                      In Bob We Trust

                      John Madden's wedding video business

                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Modano
                        Well, Ware has already 15 sacks. If he comes near 20 do you think he has a chance to be the DPOY?
                        20 sacks would be a monster effort but it would be pretty ****** up for Haynesworth not to get it. Especially with the Titans being a D-first team and him being a major reason why they will have the best record in the NFL this year.

                        Ware at this point is almost assured of NFC DPOY but I suppose if he were to get at least a sack in each of his last four games. It would be pretty hard to argue for Haynesworth.(just because of Ware's consistency on the season).

                        Still even though I think Albert is a right prick. He deserves that award.

                        Comment


                        • Ware could easily pick up 3 against Pitt.

                          I'm not delusional either. I've just watched many Pitt games this year and Big Ben holds onto the ball wayyyy to long consistently throughout the game. He has Romo syndrome X2.

                          This also can only happen if we shut down the run. If we can stay good against the run and force Big Ben to pass we will win the game. He isn't a good qb. He makes a ton of poor decisions, he holds onto the ball too long, he forces passes. I think Big Ben is as overrated as they come personally. He's a glorified game manager.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                            Ware could easily pick up 3 against Pitt.

                            I'm not delusional either. I've just watched many Pitt games this year and Big Ben holds onto the ball wayyyy to long consistently throughout the game. He has Romo syndrome X2.

                            This also can only happen if we shut down the run. If we can stay good against the run and force Big Ben to pass we will win the game. He isn't a good qb. He makes a ton of poor decisions, he holds onto the ball too long, he forces passes. I think Big Ben is as overrated as they come personally. He's a glorified game manager.
                            I agree about him holding onto the ball, I just hope we don't come up with some crap gameplan...Just seems like when we know we need to put pressure on a team we sit back and get picked apart, when we all know if you attack that line that's their weakness.


                            Santonio Holmes will also be key, hopefully Newman is ready to go again because he's the type of guy we typically struggle with.





                            Originally posted by Scott Wright
                            I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

                            Comment


                            • Frustrating day today with New Orleans, San Diego and Greenbay. They did nothing to help us with the NFC South -- at least one would have been nice.

                              The good news is none of those NFC South teams are better than the Cowboys. The better news is Arizona or Chicago the first weekend of January is a gimme for us IMHO if are playing well.

                              Atlanta is likely losing 2 and going 10 - 6 with 7-5 in the NFC

                              Tampa Bay is likely losing 2 and going 11 -5 with 9-3 in the NFC.

                              Carolina is likely 12-4, maybe 11-5, but they win tie breakers if they defeat Tampa next week.

                              Under these scenarios, 11-5 seems best case for us BUT we might still be able to go a 10-6 playoff route but only if we lose to Pitt and Baltimore while beating GMen and Philly. That would give us tie breakers with Atlanta but not versus Tampa.

                              3-1 December is the ticket.
                              Last edited by johnstonolb; 11-30-2008, 09:41 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                                I agree about him holding onto the ball, I just hope we don't come up with some crap gameplan...Just seems like when we know we need to put pressure on a team we sit back and get picked apart, when we all know if you attack that line that's their weakness.


                                Santonio Holmes will also be key, hopefully Newman is ready to go again because he's the type of guy we typically struggle with.
                                As long as Meatball is calling the game, I have faith.

                                Last few games the did not come in with the best plan but by the end of the first quarter they made adjustments and did fine.

                                Meatball can coach D.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information