Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9-4 isnt looking pretty when Falcons and Bucs wins put them at 10-3 and 9-4 w/ a tie breaker over us. 10 wins probably wont even cut it.

hmm...well Carolina plays Tampa. Still not looking pretty, regardless.

This game is massive.
    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 12-01-2008, 04:59 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
      9-4 isnt looking pretty when Falcons and Bucs wins put them at 10-3 and 9-4 w/ a tie breaker over us. 10 wins probably wont even cut it.
      Show me a 9-4 team and I'll show you a team that can beat Baltimore, NY and Philly.

That's wut I'm talkin' bout. 12-4 with a full steam of gas heading into the playoffs is right where we can be. Who says it's impossible???

Comment

• I can just see this board flip flopping like it always does after a loss. Oh the sky is falling...

This game is not a do or die game for us. It's big, but we can still recover and make the playoffs. That's a fact.

Comment

• I certainly dont think it's impossible...we had separate 5 and 7 game winning streaks a year ago, with a less talented roster.

We really do need Atlanta to lose this week, though. We're on the outside looking in w/ a bunch of hot teams in front of us. Luckily they're all in the same division so, they could kill eachother off.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Just Win baby... No reason we can't win out. Win and were in.
            Whats up buttercup!

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              I can just see this board flip flopping like it always does after a loss. Oh the sky is falling...

This game is not a do or die game for us. It's big, but we can still recover and make the playoffs. That's a fact.
              HAHA your too kind. More like, Bradie sucks, Jerrah sucks, Wade sucks, we cant do this or this and its all the GM's fault. Ect..ect..ect...:p

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• I think it's funny sometimes when people talk about how tough are schedule is, like we don't have the talent to win against any team in the NFL any given week, it may not be pretty but as long as it gets done...Read Barber may not practice all week but play, which scares me about how effective he could be without an practice.

Best thing about the situation we are in is that we FINALLY have to win in December and our track record has proven we don't play as well in December and that probably leads to early playoff exits...It's also 4 quality opponents so if we can win out we will have the confidence and momentum we need to make a run...I wouldn't mind going to Minnesota the 1st round of the playoffs by any means.

VS Pitt it will be interesting to see how we control the pass rush and more importantly James Harrison...Flozell couldn't keep up with Chris Long so we can't trust him on his own, somebody has to sacrifice and stay in for protection a little more this game because they will be coming after us.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Tony will neutralize their pass rush to some extent. Certainly more than other teams.

I know they do play a fair amount of cover-2 which Romo seems to have success against.

I'd rather force them to bring Polamalu up in the box or "rover" position and let Tony just carve them up, but he should be ok with whatever they play.

Weather conditions are supposed to be ******. So this game might come down to just 1 big play.

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
                    HAHA your too kind. More like, Bradie sucks, Jerrah sucks, Wade sucks, we cant do this or this and its all the GM's fault. Ect..ect..ect...:p
                    They do suck. That does mean we can't win Sunday and start playing well. Why those are mutually exclusive in your mind only talks to your mind.

I already said earlier this year our Pass D will improve greatly once Roy Williams is gone ... and guess what. Don't see you swallowing all your Roy pumping or praising my insights.

I will be wrong on Bradie when I see him hold the GMen to under 70 yards rushing in a CLOSE game .... once Wade wins a few playoff games with his D playing really well, not the Offense bailing him out .... once Jerry has a stable roster, home grown, that can win for a few years after the BP/JJ effect wears off.

Till then, I have 20 years of data on my side. -- not fannie dreams.
                    Last edited by johnstonolb; 12-01-2008, 09:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                      Tony will neutralize their pass rush to some extent. Certainly more than other teams.

I know they do play a fair amount of cover-2 which Romo seems to have success against.

I'd rather force them to bring Polamalu up in the box or "rover" position and let Tony just carve them up, but he should be ok with whatever they play.

Weather conditions are supposed to be ******. So this game might come down to just 1 big play.
                      Thing about Pitt which give me hope is they don't play bump much and their corners are not big. They rely on the L'backers covering up for them.

Romo has to stay upright with a 3/5 step drop (all FLo and Marc) and he desperately need to throw crisply -- no floaters. What is freaking me is the bad weather, especially wet -- Romo has never played even moderately well in wet weather. A nice dry snow would probably be fine if that can happen instead.

On another note, I mentioned it earlier but Felix would have been huge this game. He can really cut back v the grain and Pitt really does over pursue most plays. To bad, I think Felix could have had a great day. Don't have the same feeling about Barber or Choice.
                      Last edited by johnstonolb; 12-01-2008, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
                        They do suck. That does mean we can't win Sunday and start playing well. Why those are mutually exclusive in your mind only talks to your mind.

I already said earlier this year our Pass D will improve greatly once Roy Williams is gone ... and guess what. Don't see you swallowing all your Roy pumping or praising my insights.

I will be wrong on Bradie when I see him hold the GMen to under 70 yards rushing in a CLOSE game .... once Wade wins a few playoff games with his D playing really well, not the Offense bailing him out .... once Jerry has a stable roster, home grown, that can win for a few years after the BP/JJ effect wears off.

Till then, I have 20 years of data on my side. -- not fannie dreams.
                        You do realize that we all thought/think that Roy sucks in coverage, right? And that you're not alone in that thinking? Sometimes, I think you still think you're the only one in the world that thinks that.

Comment

• What's Tyson Thompson doing nowadays? We don't have Felix but TT was pretty damn quick(not as skilled)

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            You do realize that we all thought/think that Roy sucks in coverage, right? And that you're not alone in that thinking? Sometimes, I think you still think you're the only one in the world that thinks that.
                            He sucks at Run D too -- not just Pass D. As I say, folks are still trying to pump him up even if in the smallest way..

I remember saying that even Abram Elam were a better choice and was told I was clueless and how Roy needs better coaching blah blah blah.....

I also remember saying fans would not turn on Roy till he lost us a big game and he certainly contributed mightly versus the GMen along with Jacques. Nice Pass D to end the half boys! Could have used those 7 to win the game.

This off season was the first one fans started to say ..... "Pro Bowl? He totally sucks. Remember the Giants game when ....."

Frequently wrong, never in doubt.
                            Last edited by johnstonolb; 12-02-2008, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by shane_man View Post
                              What's Tyson Thompson doing nowadays? We don't have Felix but TT was pretty damn quick(not as skilled)
                              Good straight way speed but no swerve in the hips. His body looked more like a WR than a RB.

Hopefully he is doing well.

Comment

• D-Unit,

I agree the Falcons will be a one year hit. Those "bad place" to "first place" teams frequently benefit from a weak schedule and then toilet the second year. Just in recent memory .....

Cowboys
                                Jets
                                New Orleans
                                Greenbay
                                ... I am sure there are much more.

Miami is doing it too this year. They will likely underperform next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information