Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the field is really sloppy, slick and slippery, I think we lose, no questions asked. We rely too much on team speed to overcome something like that. And if Pittsburgh can just line up and punch us in the mouth over and over again, we will be in trouble. I am praying for good conditions.
    Originally posted by 21ST
    He was protecting his self
    Originally posted by tjsunstein
    From what? His leg?
    Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
    That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
    "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
      D-Unit,

I agree the Falcons will be a one year hit. Those "bad place" to "first place" teams frequently benefit from a weak schedule and then toilet the second year. Just in recent memory .....

Cowboys
      Jets
      New Orleans
      Greenbay
      ... I am sure there are much more.

Miami is doing it too this year. They will likely underperform next year.
      Yep. Nice way to point out those examples.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
        If the field is really sloppy, slick and slippery, I think we lose, no questions asked. We rely too much on team speed to overcome something like that. And if Pittsburgh can just line up and punch us in the mouth over and over again, we will be in trouble. I am praying for good conditions.
        I hope it is that kind of game actually. I really want to see where we stack up versus a team like that in those conditions. I don't think our offense is as one dimensional (based on speed) as some would assume. TO, Roy, Witten and Bennett are physical specimens in their own right. Though their secondary with Ike Taylor and Troy Polamalu are damn physical.

Comment

• With no 3 step drop in our playbook I'd be deathly afraid about what happens to us when we play in the muck....it doesn't matter on offense tho....turnovers and our defenses ability to stand will tell this game.

Comment

• If the game is messy, I really like our 2 TE sets a lot!
            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Watkins went to the IR today to make room for pacman....

Comment

• I think the Henry to safety thing needs to happen soon. K. Davis out there scares the heck out of me. If Pac looks good in practice this week, they just need to make that move with Henry. Pitt has a good TE and the thought of him matched up with Davis is not good for us.

I know the kid is brand new, but anyone have any thoughts on Battle? The kid certainly showed some speed.
                In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• I'm intrigued by Battle. Nothing more.

Comment

• I'm really interested to see how Holland does against the PIT D-line this week. He looked okay enough against Seattle, but the steelers D-line is a completely different monster.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                      Watkins went to the IR today to make room for pacman....
                      Do you think Watkins is done?

This is not his first.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                        I think the Henry to safety thing needs to happen soon. K. Davis out there scares the heck out of me. If Pac looks good in practice this week, they just need to make that move with Henry. Pitt has a good TE and the thought of him matched up with Davis is not good for us.

I know the kid is brand new, but anyone have any thoughts on Battle? The kid certainly showed some speed.
                        Battle seems light for Safety IMHO.

While Henry to safety makes sense, I think he needs a Offseason and TC at that role to be any good.

But anyway.

Comment

• How about Hamlin to SS and Pac or Jenkins to FS? 2009 that is.

Comment

• Any thoughts on the College Soph and Juniors for 2010?

I can imagine this year (09) being very Junior heavy and next year being even Soph heavy (20 to declare right?).

Next two drafts should be stocked with the new CBA likely imposing a salary cap on rookies.

Thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                              I think the Henry to safety thing needs to happen soon. K. Davis out there scares the heck out of me. If Pac looks good in practice this week, they just need to make that move with Henry. Pitt has a good TE and the thought of him matched up with Davis is not good for us.

You can't just ask a player to make a position switch in the middle of the season...that's something that should happen during training camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by JJJ888 View Post
                                You can't just ask a player to make a position switch in the middle of the season...that's something that should happen during training camp.
                                Ah... words from the wise....

I miss your contributions Trips.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information