Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • If for some crazy reason Albert Haynesworth is available....ha you better believe he needs to be a cowboy.....I could give 2 f's less whether or not he and Gurode have beefs....we are talking about the most disruptive DT in the game....who can also be moved around the line....you don't let players dictate who comes to your team from on field problems.....it gets heated in the trenches and emotions fly....say your sorry and move on...hell buy him lunch with your bonus.

    Comment


    • Also with the tank talk.....he is one of the team funny guys....not sayign that accounts for anything....but if he wants to stay around...I think you do it....why? because we all want to see a new NT in the game next year...and he gives you depth that you wouldn't have if we have to find "2 new guys" to fill the position.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by thule View Post
        If for some crazy reason Albert Haynesworth is available....ha you better believe he needs to be a cowboy.....I could give 2 f's less whether or not he and Gurode have beefs....we are talking about the most disruptive DT in the game....who can also be moved around the line....you don't let players dictate who comes to your team from on field problems.....it gets heated in the trenches and emotions fly....say your sorry and move on...hell buy him lunch with your bonus.
        I'll never agree with you on this point, and I'll go as far as to say that if Haynesworth becomes a Cowboy, I lose all respect for this team. I'll start following Texans football.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by thule View Post
          Another thing to discuss.....Canty needs to stay.....I know this was talked about last page....but I'm going to go with Rob here....it's no coincidence that teams don't run to that side often.....even when Ware is on the other side rushing....teams still don't go to his side...way to important to just let go...bring him back...he is a good player.....he is not the problem.
          Glad to see I am not the only person who sees it. Ware and Canty -- you can't run to that side. Spears is a different story but that also maybe that Ellis is not very good setting the edge and then exploding back inside in the event of a cut back. To boot, the ILB are just not very good run defenders IMHO -- bad angles or too small.

          Let me ad something very controversial to the board with respect to th D discussion -- I think Bradie James might make an excellent SOLB for our 3-4 if we ever get any injuries there.

          Comment


          • I am so pumped for tomorrow. Good luck by the way. I hope we kick the **** out of you guys. You are the only team that I pretty much hate more then the Patriots. Should be a good game.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              Probably because our Run Defense is very soft. They can just run and win. On the other hand, teams can't run against them. Passing conditions will be poor. Home field advantage. Willie Parker is back. Ben may not be the greatest QB, but makes plays when they need it. They got it going. No doubt this will be a tough challenge. I'm so looking forward to this.
              I dunno if we'll be seeing "Fast" Willie Parker in the Heinz Field slop. And I wouldn't call our run defense very soft just because of two games against St. Louis and the Giants when Romo was out and a 3rd against Washington where we refused to run the ball ourselves and Moss was burning Newman on every other play. I don't think they can beat us deep if the field is messy, so bring Hamlin in the box and stuff the run. We'll see. It's gonna be a great game.

              Comment


              • I don't get the soft Run D crap. We are 10th in the league in rushing allowed and we are always in the top ten...it's not like we get gashed....I can think of 2-3 guys in the past 3 years that have ran for over 100 yards against us....Jacobs/Portis/Jackson....outside of those 3 I don't think a single guy did it in Wades time here...hell even in parcells time here

                Comment


                • Originally posted by thule View Post
                  I don't get the soft Run D crap. We are 10th in the league in rushing allowed and we are always in the top ten...it's not like we get gashed....I can think of 2-3 guys in the past 3 years that have ran for over 100 yards against us....Jacobs/Portis/Jackson....outside of those 3 I don't think a single guy did it in Wades time here...hell even in parcells time here
                  And I don't think Parker is a complete enough back to join their company. This game doesn't even look that good for him (speed back on slow field). I see us losing if we give them the game with turnovers more than them simply beating us down with the run.

                  Comment


                  • I think you will see a heavy case of Mewelde Moore. He is more complete then Parker, so I think he has a chance to have a pretty good game against you guys. Parker and him will split carries. Also, Gary Russell could get some carries due to the field.

                    Comment


                    • Well one things for sure. Whether or not we have a good run D or bad run D, we will find out for sure tomorrow and be able to go forward from there.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
                        Glad to see I am not the only person who sees it. Ware and Canty -- you can't run to that side. Spears is a different story but that also maybe that Ellis is not very good setting the edge and then exploding back inside in the event of a cut back. To boot, the ILB are just not very good run defenders IMHO -- bad angles or too small.

                        Let me ad something very controversial to the board with respect to th D discussion -- I think Bradie James might make an excellent SOLB for our 3-4 if we ever get any injuries there.
                        Wow, Bradie James and excellent in the same sentence coming from Rob. Color me surprised.

                        Thanks BoneKrusher^

                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                          Wow, Bradie James and excellent in the same sentence .......
                          I am fair and balanced. If I see you can do certain things well then ... I don't like Bradie for a 3-4 ILB but SOLB is not so crazy given its different role. Cover flat or stop run or blitz. Nice and simple for Bradie.

                          I think ILB might require too much instinct, a little more speed in the middle of the field and alot more cerebral player.

                          Comment


                          • Lots of doom and gloom now ..... I love it .......

                            We are finally developing an identity defensively. I like that now more so than anytime in the last 5 years. Offensively, I have no idea what we are.

                            If the D keeps playing like this, and Romo just stops being Tony, I predict a nice payoff run. I hope Garret can scale back his ego and Romo simply gets on board..

                            We can win 13 point games now and with Romo just managing the game it is worth 20-24 points.

                            All we need now the HC to get it done if he dares "ground" the Pro-Bowl Offense once and for all.

                            Comment


                            • I miss the Tony Sparano offense....it was so easy on Romo.....everything was quick.....you don't ever hear about Tony's quick release anymore....5 yard outs have moved to 8 yard outs....and from the first play of the game yesterday we see how if it's a 5 instead maybe the ball is there that extra second earlier to make it a completition.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by thule View Post
                                I miss the Tony Sparano offense....it was so easy on Romo.....everything was quick.....you don't ever hear about Tony's quick release anymore....5 yard outs have moved to 8 yard outs....and from the first play of the game yesterday we see how if it's a 5 instead maybe the ball is there that extra second earlier to make it a completition.

                                I think that's a great point. We really miss Sparano.
                                In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.


                                -Douglas MacArthur

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information