X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bring In Norm Chow!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by johnstonolb View Post
      Lots of doom and gloom now ..... I love it .......
      No. You just love losing. The guys here are still positive that the Cowboys can make the playoffs. The playoff bandwagon is still charging forward! If anything, the complaints are being surrounded around 1 thing. Jason Garrett.

Furthermore, yesterday was a validation to me that we have the toughness to get it done. Had we flaked out and put up an egg, I would not be so positive about our future for this season. The fact that we went out and played the way we did on Defense, really confirms my faith in the team.

Comment

• I just wish we had Payton back...i loved their 06 offense w/ a healthy Deuce and Reggie. That is what I wanted in Marion and Felix, Payton's game planning trumps Garrett's every time.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
          I just wish we had Payton back...i loved their 06 offense w/ a healthy Deuce and Reggie. That is what I wanted in Marion and Felix, Payton's game planning trumps Garrett's every time.
          Yeah, that was nice... but it ain't happenin'.

Here's the dream..

HC: Pete Carroll
          OC: Norm Chow
          DC: Wade Phillips

hahahaha!!!! I want my cake and ice cream now. Thank you.

Comment

• I'll take Garrett over Stewart any day.

Think about this....I came out and called out stewart week after week...even hypothesizing that maybe wade put together the gameplans in big games where we really looked good. Now look at us.

The reason I bring this up is...look back at the Redskins game...this was classic Phillips offense....and I'm talking Bum Phillips here. We ran sweeps...ran the ball down the redskins throat....even the passing was different. I'll once again bet anything that Wade decided his job was on the line he'd have to take charge there....for all the flack that Wade gets...he is still one hell of a coach. I'd say his tenor here is being ruined by inexperienced coordinators.

I'm looking forward to see sweeps in january thats all I got to say.

Comment

• I would have loved to see

HC: Jason Garrett
              OC: Cam Cameron
              DC: Dom Capers

Comment

• That is pretty sexy group right there. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                  I would have loved to see

LIke Dom.

However, given how Garrett has managed the offense this year, I have real doubts about his readiness.
                  In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

I would have loved to see

Not sure I would LOVE any situation with Garrett in it.

I like Dom... so long as he is only a DC. I don't like Cam's personality/character. ...and his schemes don't make up for it.

Love me some NORM CHOW CHOW!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                      LIke Dom.

However, given how Garrett has managed the offense this year, I have real doubts about his readiness.
                      I actually really like his fire and leadership, he should make for a great head coach as long as someone else, preferably a veteran coord, is calling the plays.

I will say this, though...if someone wanted to take him off our hands, I wouldn't be that upset at all. Unlikely though, considering his stock has plummetted.
                      Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 12-08-2008, 01:27 PM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

I'll take Garrett over Stewart any day.

Think about this....I came out and called out stewart week after week...even hypothesizing that maybe wade put together the gameplans in big games where we really looked good. Now look at us.

The reason I bring this up is...look back at the Redskins game...this was classic Phillips offense....and I'm talking Bum Phillips here. We ran sweeps...ran the ball down the redskins throat....even the passing was different. I'll once again bet anything that Wade decided his job was on the line he'd have to take charge there....for all the flack that Wade gets...he is still one hell of a coach. I'd say his tenor here is being ruined by inexperienced coordinators.

I'm looking forward to see sweeps in january thats all I got to say.
                        Brian Stewart is still a deer in head lights. Once Wade took over, our defense has been nothing short of stellar.

Comment

I actually really like his fire and leadership, he should make for a great head coach as long as someone else, preferably a veteran coord, is calling the plays.

YOu know, you may be right. He might be a better HC than OC. However, do you think he would bring someone in or want to keep the play calling duties himself?
                          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Yeah, he's got a pretty cool personality it seems. But how can a HC... especially one that thinks like Garrett, ever be the HC of a team that runs a different offense to what he's accustomed to? He's not going to do that. If Garrett is ever the HC, his brother will be the OC. That's a fact. That's why I don't want him here anymore.

Comment

• Maybe John does a better job, though if that was the case. He does have a great head on his shoulders and has a whole lot more experience than Jason...granted, it's not calling plays but, he's been around.

That would be my fall back plan, though. If Jerry does name Garrett head coach, i want him to do so w/ the intent of bringing in a veteran playcaller.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

I just wish we had Payton back...i loved their 06 offense w/ a healthy Deuce and Reggie. That is what I wanted in Marion and Felix, Payton's game planning trumps Garrett's every time.
                                For as much as we bash Garrett around here, Payton's play-calling is just as bad...He gets way too tricky at times when it's not needed, and that initial year was good with Reggie and Deuce but what has he done since? That's about the same thing as Garrett having his good season last year.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                                I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information