This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    Garrett's playcalling wasnt perfect, especially when it came to the running game but, I loved the substitutions and heavy motion.
    I still don't understand why we don't move our OL's feet more often when running the ball.

Again, let me point out the big runs came by getting 1 of the Guards moving ... not trying to pile drive forward. In fact, Proctor looked fine when pulling.

I thought the Redskins game was a template for what we need to do versus 8 Box teams but I have not seen many of those running plays since that game.

Comment

• I still don't see real reason to give Garrett any props for this offense. With the personnel we have, there are guys out there that can maximize the talent. I don't think Garrett is even close to doing that.

We did see a few 3 step QB drops though. That was nice.

Wade's defense is a thing of beauty. We've come a long ways from the passive vanilla Parcells D. But I still credit Parcells for a lot of the good he did for us.

Comment

Garrett's playcalling wasnt perfect, especially when it came to the running game but, I loved the substitutions and heavy motion.
        He mixed it up pretty well, and he was damn good on that last drive, we were 2nd and 23 with 4 minutes left on the clock looking like we were ready to collapse again and we ran another screen then the drag with Witten to get the 1st down, we showed alot of heart on that drive...Started off in typical fashion giving up a 1st down by Choice due to penalty but we just wanted this game more.

Also anyone know if Holland is good to go next week? If not Baltimore is licking their chops at Proctor's sorry ass out there...I saw that he sucked weeks ago, he's been blowing assignments and getting Tony killed majority of the time...Again it seems small but the move to get Holland was huge, because I don't like our chances with Proctor out there.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

52.5 sacks now...#1 in the league, all alone. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Canty and Ellis were the two that really surprised me the most today. You can doubt Ellis all you want but, he can still turn it on every now in then.
          Canty played an amazing game. He looked lost the first half of the season but he looks like he's back to form now. I hope we can resign him at a reasonable price.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
            I'm also not sure...but just to play it out....Mn and Chi split head to head....so if ATL was to win...and MN was to lose...and Chicago went on to win the division I'm pretty sure we'd go in before the vikes....just not sure what it would take to decided the tied breaker between MN and Chicago
            2nd tiebreaker is division record. Minny is 4-2 right now. Bears are 3-2. After that it is record vs. common opponents. Bears are 6-6 with 2 to play, and the Vikes are 8-5 with one to play. Basically, if the Vikings win this weekend, they will clinch the tie breaker, and also the division since they already have a one game lead and would only have one game to play afterward. If they lose this weekend but beat NY and Chicago wins out, they will go to the 4th tie break, which I believe is strength of victory, followed by SOS. That's just off the top of my head, though. Don't quote me on that.

Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
            I think Minny will get in...they win this week they clinch the division, Chicago loses this week, they clinch the division. I hope they dont end up tying, then things just get messy.

This week we all need to jump on the Vikes, Skins, and Browns bandwagons. A Browns win tomorrow sure would be fantastic but, yeah...
            Basically, yes, we need to root for the Vikes first, and then the Skins and Browns. I really don't want to go into Philly the last week of the season with the playoffs on the line. Too many things could go wrong.

Originally posted by Number 10 View Post
            Really impressed by the Cowboys tonight.

-Gutsy effort by Romo. He got beat up from start to finish but played mistake free football.

-In August I predicted Ware would be the DPOY. It is currently his to lose right now and he has a legit shot at getting past Strahan'd record. This kid is such a freak, animal, beast....whatever you want to call it. And just think, he is not yet at the pinnacle of what he can be.

-I know D-Unit loved Choice before the draft. I can see why and I have to admit, I didn't see this ability and Georgia Tech. Very strong runner, very balanced. Everyone thinks you need a thunder-lightning RB duo but I think having two bangers like Barber and Choice is much more effective, especially for playoff football.

-I'm not yet fully bought into your defense but I'm close. If they are indeed this good, you guys have to be considered either the favorite or team 1A with the Giants to represent the NFC in the Super Bowl. The D-Line is playing outstanding right now. None of them are standout players but they play well as a group, similar to the Giants O-line (not tonight though).

-I'm glad the Giants were hit in the face with some adversity here. In all honesty, I want the Cowboys in the Divisional or NFC Championship game. I still think we're the better team and I want to see it on the field.

-Great game, and I'm almost sure we'll meet again.
            Thanks for all the props, man. Sorry I knocked you out of the playoffs, btw.

I want to make a few notes on your post, though.

- Our DL is playing much better, but you're wrong about the lack of a standout. Not that I blame you, but Jay Ratliff is absolutely, 100% a legit Pro Bowler this year. He has dominated all year long. I would put him up with Ware as far as his impact on our defense, and you know I wouldn't do that lightly. If he keeps playing like this in the upcoming seasons, he will begin to be mentioned in the conversation with best DTs in the game. He's that good. Just keep an eye on him if you don't believe me.

- Choice is a stud. I actually prefer him to Barber right now, to be honest. I've never been a big MBIII guy. I like him a lot, but he has never been explosive enough for my tastes, and the guy dances like he's Barry Sanders sometimes when he just needs to get his ass up the field. Tashard is the opposite. He takes whats there, goes straight North and South, and doesn't fvck around. I think we are a better team with him in the lineup than Barber. There. I said it.

(at least most of the time...:) )

- Its really hard not to take note of all the similarities of between the Cowboys of 07 and the Giants of 08 (and vice versa, really). You guys looked amazing for most of October and November. Now you've lost two straight and seem to be fading. Questions everywhere, legal issues, injuries piling up. Sounds just like us in mid-late December last year. Except we had the homefield wrapped up by then, I guess.

Meanwhile, the Cowboys are rounding into shape and are playing without a net. Who knows if it will continue down that path, but you have to admit its a bit eerie looking at the similarities....
            Originally posted by 21ST
            He was protecting his self
            Originally posted by tjsunstein
            From what? His leg?
            Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
            That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
            "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              I still don't see real reason to give Garrett any props for this offense. With the personnel we have, there are guys out there that can maximize the talent. I don't think Garrett is even close to doing that.

We did see a few 3 step QB drops though. That was nice.

Wade's defense is a thing of beauty. We've come a long ways from the passive vanilla Parcells D. But I still credit Parcells for a lot of the good he did for us.
              Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
              He mixed it up pretty well, and he was damn good on that last drive, we were 2nd and 23 with 4 minutes left on the clock looking like we were ready to collapse again and we ran another screen then the drag with Witten to get the 1st down, we showed alot of heart on that drive...Started off in typical fashion giving up a 1st down by Choice due to penalty but we just wanted this game more.

Also anyone know if Holland is good to go next week? If not Baltimore is licking their chops at Proctor's sorry ass out there...I saw that he sucked weeks ago, he's been blowing assignments and getting Tony killed majority of the time...Again it seems small but the move to get Holland was huge, because I don't like our chances with Proctor out there.

Garrett made a key adjustment that changed the complexion of this game. We were having major protection issues, as the Giants were just pinning their ears back and coming after Romo. Finally he got the picture and called that first screen to Tashard that netted 22 yards up the right side, (and set up the first TD). Not just that, but he did it several times afterward, including a TE screen! which I've rarely ever seen. After he began calling these, Romo was only sacked once more the entire game. It changed protection, and slowed down their rush tremendously. Its going to be overlooked, obviously, but I give Garrett a huge amount of credit. Even if it did take him much too long to figure it out.
              Originally posted by 21ST
              He was protecting his self
              Originally posted by tjsunstein
              From what? His leg?
              Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
              That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
              "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine
                - Choice is a stud. I actually prefer him to Barber right now, to be honest. I've never been a big MBIII guy. I like him a lot, but he has never been explosive enough for my tastes, and the guy dances like he's Barry Sanders sometimes when he just needs to get his ass up the field. Tashard is the opposite. He takes whats there, goes straight North and South, and doesn't fvck around. I think we are a better team with him in the lineup than Barber. There. I said it.

(at least most of the time...:) )
                Yeah I don't know that he's better then MBIII. What I do know is i feel slightly vindicated in how I have felt all season seeing Choice's strong play these last two weeks. He should have been opening games up for us allowing Felix and MBIII to destroy from the second quarter onwards.

I do love the fact that when we get healthy we will have three perfect backs to run a platoon...

Comment

• Take your pick:

Majority of carries/touches vs Baltimore

Choice or Barber?

I hope we go Choice... Takes his yards and goes straight ahead. He just gets it and is a fantastic receiver out of the backfield. Barber seems to need to be 100% - it's just how he plays the game. I don't think he'll be at that level by Saturday.

Comment

• I must have missed it, but what's up with the Holland injury? Any possibility that he'll be back by Saturday? I really haven't been keeping up with it.

Comment

• If you want to solve the "Proctor" problem you need to get him moving. He has good feet. He is not a stationary player.

I blame Proctor on the OL switch over issue. He is just not a Houck lineman in any way or fashion. He might make a great ZBS guy however.

With respect to Garrett, still too many 5/7 step drops for my flavor. I love screens and dump offs WHEN you have a vertical passing threat like we do.

Comment

• Is it worth it against your cap to trade away players when they probably won't fit into your scheme?

The likes of Proctor, Hurd... Maybe Carpenter could net us a few 3rd or 4th round picks... But is it worth it if we have to take a cap hit with each? I know the NFL isn't like the NBA where pieces can be traded around like crazy. Just wondering?

I would love to see us move a few guys around and try and get back into the first round through nothing more then players who might have hit FA anyway...

Comment

• I can't believe we won. Great win. I feel like I'm watching the Chargers defense of a few years ago.

The offense is starting to get it's legs under it. Still not there, but close. The protection wasn't good. It's already been mentioned that Proctor is a turd.

I thought Romo had enough time to make some plays on a few occasions but instead he tucked it and just took a 1 or 2 yard gain. Maybe he's trying to stop forcing it? Usually I feel like he would have found someone with that time but I can't complain about him being smart with the ball.

Ravens will be a big challenge. Another game where Romo can't afford to make mistake. I have a feeling Barber still wont be ready to go.

Barber also isn't hitting the holes good right now. Even before his injury he was looking to cut back too often. It's ironic to see him get away from what he does while Choice is pretty much doing what he used to do. I'm surprised the coaches haven't told him to start just hitting the holes again to get his groove back. He also isn't getting the best blocking, but part of the problem is him.

Comment

• Has anyone walked up to TO and the TO enablers to let them know we won (DOMINATED) the game without the WRs being involved?

All I heard this week was how TO getting the ball equaled wins but from what I saw yesterday his drop and then collapsing before the first down kind of cost us 2 drives in good field position.

Yet, Witten made the biggest play of the game in spite of his cracked ribs. Funny how character guys make big plays while the big mouths come up small in big situations.

Comment

• Well I guess the Giants aren't as deep at the WR position as some fans were saying...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                                Well I guess the Giants aren't as deep at the WR position as some fans were saying...
                                That is an understatement. Their line too.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information