Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the Falcons win...the Eagles game didnt really do anything for us because, we play them next week but, anyway...win next week and we are in w/ a possibillty to still be the 5th seed. I really dont care much about that at the moment, though...i just want to get in.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Thank you Redskins!!!!

Our playoffs start next weekend !!! woooooooooo !!!!! We made it!!! ...a week early. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
        Thank you Redskins!!!!

Our playoffs start next weekend !!! woooooooooo !!!!! We made it!!! ...a week early. LOL.
        good luck next week. i expect the boys to come out and make a statement next week. just have to keep that def off the field so long (the main reason they lost to the ravens)
        Originally posted by SunTzu_22
        Just let it go RWO.
        We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

• The only thing the Redskins victory does for us is to potentially cause a letdown in week 17 for the Eagles. Now, even if they win, they likely won't make the playoffs. The Bucs will have to lose to the Raiders (which isn't going to happen), the Bears will have to lose one of two games, and the Vikings will have to lose to the Giants (who will have nothing to play for). If the game is flexed into the Sunday night game, which it should be, then Philly will likely know that they have been eliminated by game time.

Still, Dallas is dead man walking right now. This team isn't going anywhere this year, and even if we win a game or two, there is going to have to be some significant changes made if we want to compete for a title next season. Wade Phillips and his coaching staff will continue to destroy any hope we have as long as they remain with the team. Its time for a shakeup, guys. Don't get your hopes up.
          Originally posted by 21ST
          He was protecting his self
          Originally posted by tjsunstein
          From what? His leg?
          Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
          That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
          "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
            The only thing the Redskins victory does for us is to potentially cause a letdown in week 17 for the Eagles. Now, even if they win, they likely won't make the playoffs. The Bucs will have to lose to the Raiders (which isn't going to happen), the Bears will have to lose one of two games, and the Vikings will have to lose to the Giants (who will have nothing to play for). If the game is flexed into the Sunday night game, which it should be, then Philly will likely know that they have been eliminated by game time.

Still, Dallas is dead man walking right now. This team isn't going anywhere this year, and even if we win a game or two, there is going to have to be some significant changes made if we want to compete for a title next season. Wade Phillips and his coaching staff will continue to destroy any hope we have as long as they remain with the team. Its time for a shakeup, guys. Don't get your hopes up.
            NO FAITH IN YOUR TEAM WHATS UP WITH THAT!!!!

Dude every team has problems even teams who win superbowls have problems. I hope the cowboys dont have the same attitude as you do.

and i know coming off a loss its hard to have a positive attitude but always have faith.
            Just let it go RWO.
            We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall

Comment

• The Redskins did win, and the Eagles likely won't be a factor in the playoff hunt other than the fact that we play them. We would have to come out and make a big push early in the game for me to feel confident in a shot at winning in the playoffs, as we seem to struggle coming out hard and fast.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• JUST BELIEVE BABY!!!

If you want to quit on the team fine, we can still make progress from last year if we get to the playoffs and win a fricken playoff game. I'll be satisfied with progress... and who knows... this team has shown flashes of being a SB winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                  NO FAITH IN YOUR TEAM WHATS UP WITH THAT!!!!

Dude every team has problems even teams who win superbowls have problems. I hope the cowboys dont have the same attitude as you do.

and i know coming off a loss its hard to have a positive attitude but always have faith.
                  Yeah... it is sad. We need more fans like you.

Comment

• I don't have a problem with what DMW is saying. At a certain point, you can only take so much heartbreak from this team. But, just gotta have faith and be a fan. I'll be rooting hard for a SB this season, even if it is a real long shot.

Comment

i mean i can understand being down because of a tough loss but come on to say even if you make the playoffs your still not going to win is just giving up on everything you built. that cowboy team is so nice. probably the most talented team in the league. anyone expect the giants to come throught wildcard and win the superbowl last year ??? did anyone expect the steelers to come out the wildcard and beat the colts to go to the superbowl against the bears?? NO so you cant just say either way were going to lose
                      Just let it go RWO.

John Wall

Comment

• Originally posted by Gribble View Post
                        I don't have a problem with what DMW is saying. At a certain point, you can only take so much heartbreak from this team. But, just gotta have faith and be a fan. I'll be rooting hard for a SB this season, even if it is a real long shot.
                        If you can't take heartbreak, then there is no sense in being a fan. Only 1 team wins the SB. If you can only be happy if your team wins the SB and hate everything else about the season, then you're setting yourself up for heartbreak.

Comment

If you can't take heartbreak, then there is no sense in being a fan. Only 1 team wins the SB. If you can only be happy if your team wins the SB and hate everything else about the season, then you're setting yourself up for heartbreak.
                          yea just think about how fans of the lions and bengals and rams feel.

look at the chargers the have been so close every year.
                          Just let it go RWO.

John Wall

Comment

It's sad but true, I have been a diehard cowboys fan since I was born and I stuck with it through the 3 straight 5-11 seasons, and I will continue to live and die cowboys. But that doesn't mean I am not going to be realistic.

Realistically look at our QB (As an example of why we shouldn't win many games in the playoffs)

I am not going to say he isn't a big game QB, but I am going to say he isn't a Pocket Passer at all. If he is in the pocket and has all day he gets happy feet (I have played QB and coached it) he has all day to throw, but he has to move out of the pocket before he throws other wise he sails it high or to the right or left. When he is in the pocket and throws he sails it because he steps to the side constantly.

Now let's look at Brett Farve or if you don't want to look at one of the best QB's ever then realize Romo isn't one of them if you can't compare them. Romo drops back, a guy rushes towards him, Romo has his front foot step to the side, or at an angle to the side, not straight forward. Farve on the other hand 90% of the time steps forward to get everything he can on the ball.

Now for those of you who haven't played QB or haven't paid that much attention, the first thing you are taught as a QB is to step into your throw, much like a baseball player, or a basketball player in a pass. If you don't step straight forward, the ball loses zip and accuracy. Romo does this consistently (I will look for photos if I can) thus losing zip and accuracy. Now for some reason, no one has corrected this, likely because it is his style of throwing. But with that he is going to consistently have less zip on the ball than a Joe Flacco type guy who steps into every throw.

I am ready for the hate that I am likely to receive, because every cowboys fan I know trys to defend Romo. I think he is a great QB, but he is going to have many mistakes when throwing passes downfield or over the middle because he does not step towards them. To the side he steps towards already, but forward he does not.

With that said.

Go Cowboys

Comment

• Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
                              i mean i can understand being down because of a tough loss but come on to say even if you make the playoffs your still not going to win is just giving up on everything you built. that cowboy team is so nice. probably the most talented team in the league. anyone expect the giants to come throught wildcard and win the superbowl last year ??? did anyone expect the steelers to come out the wildcard and beat the colts to go to the superbowl against the bears?? NO so you cant just say either way were going to lose
                              Well, let me just tell you that a lot of the Dallas fans here thought we were done after the first lost to the Giants. I mean, they thought we were completely done. The fact that we still have a strong chance at the playoffs is almost a bad thing for them because it only prolongs the pain that they are expecting.

I've been saying for a long time that 10 wins was possible for this team and that 10 wins would get us in. Once you're in, anything can happen and I fully believe that. In fact, battling your way in is my preferred way for this team. We coasted last year to a 12-4 record and totally flopped in the playoffs. This year, fighting for it only makes us that much more prepared for the playoffs imo. This is the way I wanted it. Glad this team has had so much pressure to win every week.

Comment

I see most of the heartbreak coming from the constant losses in Playoff games. I feel like I must be missing one, but when was the last time the Cowboys won a playoff game?

Other than that every fan wants to win every game, that is not realistic, but every fan would like their team to improve. We won the division and had HFADV last year, but we lost again. The Year before we lost round 1. So this year we as fans were looking for a favorable matchup to win a game in the playoffs. Many also wouldn't have minded a bye. The Giants played good ball this year so that was likely going to be hard to do. But with that said many are going to be pessimistic when we lose to both the Steelers and Ravens when those were Playoff like games. If we win one of those games the boo birds and downtroden fans become much happier because they feel like the Cowboys might be able to win it all or a playoff game. But we have struggled agaisnt competition in the eyes of many. Yes, we beat the Giants, but many overlook that and just see the we struggle beating the teams in other conferences and divisions.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information