X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Sometimes...

I really do think Garrett is the stem of all of this. He builds no kind of rhythm in our offense.
    And like Ray Lewis himself said, we are the most predictable offense he has seen in a very long time

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Cowboys View Post
      week? And I sure hope so
      yea i def meant week lol because i heard dallas had the blaze lol j/k
      Originally posted by SunTzu_22
      Just let it go RWO.
      We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

• Originally posted by Go Cowboys View Post
        And like Ray Lewis himself said, we are the most predictable offense he has seen in a very long time
        yea they were saying it all game that ray lewis was just calling the cowboys plays like it was nothing.
        Originally posted by SunTzu_22
        Just let it go RWO.
        We as Ravens fans are clearly scum of the earth, and should just be happy that these great people, who cheer for nothing than the finest, morally impeccable players, playing on the finest, most morally impeccable teams, will grace us with their presence, and words of wisdom.

John Wall
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw

Comment

• DMW man I usually agree with you but not this time.
          We're playing good, it's a complete different scenario from last year. Our defense is one of the best in the league, they're playing amazing football under Wade. Last year our defense was the weak spot and we all know that you need good play on defense to win in the playoffs. Imagine this defense playing in the WC game against the Giants last year. We would have killed them.
          We lost two games against two of the best in the AFC. And it's not like we were outplayed, we had a very good chance to win, especially against Pittsburgh at Heinz Field!
          As I said before this is not our usual december choke. We're playing good in december facing top competition. We have a great shot at the playoffs even though we lost for many games our starting QB, starting RB, our home-run hitter, our starting LG and even his backup, starting punter (Paulescu is so bad...he almost gave the Ravens a TD), starting CB, starting TE (Witten didn't miss a game but we all know he was just a decoy when he had that ribs problem)...
          We've been through so much **** this year but we can still make the playoffs. Yes I'm upset about yesterday loss but I think the team is playing good in december for the first time in a decade and they could make some noise in the playoffs because we have a very good defense, a strong running game (we had succes running the ball against three of the best rushing defense in the NFL and without Barber) and a QB who can make some plays (I'm sure we will see the good Romo in the playoffs).

Don't you think we can easily beat the Cardinals? Yes, we can. And if we finally win a playoff game we become the most dangerous team in the league.

As the Journey once said...don't stop believin'! ;)

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Oh, I don't disagree with all that, but this team just has far too much in the "eh" department going for it. We are an awesome collection of football ability, but we don't play smart, and we don't play tough or gritty.

I love a lot of the things we have going for us, but Wade Phillips 100%, unequivocally, has to go. There is no way around it. He's got a lot of things on this team to the level of "pretty good." But they aren't going to get any better, and "pretty good" isn't good enough for me as a fan. That means we have to start over, and that means we likely will have to get worse before we get better.

Its depressing as hell, but I am finally convinced that this team, as presently constituted, has no hope of achieving the real goal: winning a Super Bowl.

I know it doesn't feel good to hear, but any objective fan should be able to see the flaws that preclude us from having serious championship aspirations.

I just pray that Jerry isn't too wrapped up in his love for being "pretty good" to see it.
            Originally posted by 21ST
            He was protecting his self
            Originally posted by tjsunstein
            From what? His leg?
            Originally posted by Paranoidmoonduck
            That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
            "We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware

Comment

• Originally posted by RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES View Post
              yea they were saying it all game that ray lewis was just calling the cowboys plays like it was nothing.

I don't buy into this. So did they know what the offense was going to run in the 4th quarter when they put up 17, and had the defense done it's job, at least 20.

I don't have an issue with the offense being predictable. What I have an issue with is execution. We have WRs that run sloppy routes and a QB that is careless with the ball. I do think Garrett shares in this responsiblity because he has to coach them up, this is a player issue primarily, IMO.
              In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• We finally have our defense playing like we want and now want to get rid of the guy pulling the strings? The ramifications of losing Wade will resonate 10 fold. We'll be set back a few years once again.

Wade as a HC ain't the greatest thing in the world. I can acknowlege that. Could we be better off with someone else? Sure. But we could also be worse off. The way he has managed our gametime decisions has been fine. Maybe he's not a disciplinarian, maybe he gets criticized too much for being too relaxed with his players. I can live with that as long as our defense keeps playing the way it has. I think we're all in agreement that he's one helluva DC and just a "pretty good" HC.

It must be tough for him at the same time working under a guy like Jerry who hand picked Garrett to be his OC. That is one area that I don't agree with Jerry mettling in. I think the HC should have the ability to bring in his own assistants. ...all of them.

I guess the bottom line is that I'm fine with Wade. My main gripe is with Garrett.

Comment

We finally have our defense playing like we want and now want to get rid of the guy pulling the strings? The ramifications of losing Wade will resonate 10 fold. We'll be set back a few years once again.

Wade as a HC ain't the greatest thing in the world. I can acknowlege that. Could we be better off with someone else? Sure. But we could also be worse off. The way he has managed our gametime decisions has been fine. Maybe he's not a disciplinarian, maybe he gets criticized too much for being too relaxed with his players. I can live with that as long as our defense keeps playing the way it has. I think we're all in agreement that he's one helluva DC and just a "pretty good" HC.

It must be tough for him at the same time working under a guy like Jerry who hand picked Garrett to be his OC. That is one area that I don't agree with Jerry mettling in. I think the HC should have the ability to bring in his own assistants. ...all of them.

I guess the bottom line is that I'm fine with Wade. My main gripe is with Garrett.
                  I actually agree...Wade has proven his worth, the guy knows how to run a defense and aside from two plays, they have played brilliant football for weeks. Our pass rush may be the best in the league these days...we're playing a lot more man. He may have made a few mistakes in the last game but, the previous 6-7 weeks or so, he was pushing all the right buttons and making all the right calls. If he goes, who is taking over our defense? This is what the Phillips scheme is all about and I dont trust anyone on our current staff to try and run the same type of scheme...because, what we are doing is working. All 3-4 schemes are different, you may bring in another 3-4 guy but, you could be looking at a potentially huge drop off. See, Ted Cottrell...again, Merriman has had a lot to do w/ that but, his defense is very different than Wade's. It wouldn't be easy trying to find a coordinator getting us to play better than we have for the last 6-7 weeks again.

Wade should stay...Garrett should go.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• I just finished to watch NFL Game Day and Rich Eisen, in response to Deion who said that the Cowboys are gonna win in Philly, said "the Cowboys were awful". Well, I don't think we were awful, we weren't that good but I'm sure we weren't awful. Well I guess Eisen didn't pay attention when we beat the Giants and we almost beat the Steelers at Heinz Field.
                    Anyway, if you don't count the Ravens last TD (or last two...) which would have not happened if we had the lead the difference in this game is 3 points. Yes the three points Romo just gave as his xmas present to the Ravens by throwing that bonehead pick at the end of the first half. That's why I'm mad at Tony.

In Bob We Trust

Comment

I think this is a great point.

And that's why I think Jerry has to get on his triple secret bat phone and unless he can line out a guy like Holmgren or Cowher ahead of time, you probably don't do anything.

I'm not in favor of getting rid of Wade just to get rid of him. You have to be 100% sure it's a major upgrade. There's too much talent and opportunity here to risk on something that's not proven.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• I was looking up some stats and this struck me. Not trying to make excuses for our offense, but we have played some pretty darn good defenses this year:

Dallas has played the #1 defense (Pitt), #2 defense (Balt), #7 defense twice (NY), the #4 defense twice (Wash), #9 defense (TB) and they are about to play the #3 defense for the second time (Philly).

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• If and that's a big IF, we make it in, anyone scared to go up to Minn?

Frankly, I like our chances, a lot.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                            If and that's a big IF, we make it in, anyone scared to go up to Minn?

Frankly, I like our chances, a lot.
                            I like our chances too. Both against Minnesota and Arizona. Minnesota is a monodimensional team and we can stop the run. Maybe I'm cocky or overconfident but I don't see Tarvaris Jackson beating us. I see him fumbling the ball around and throwing picks as soon as our pass rushers come in his face. Romo has always been good against the cover 2 and they run a sort of cover 2 on defense so I really like our chances.
                            Arizona is just a crappy football team right now. They're monodimensional too and we have the best pass rush in the league. I know, they beat us the first time but we were a completely different team. Romo was depressed and the defense wasn't that great.
                            I think our offense can score a lot against them and I think Warner would be sacked at least 6 times.

In Bob We Trust

Comment

• If we get in, it shouldn't be very hard to win a game. In fact, it would be a good warm-up to get ready to play New York or Carolina. Minnesota's in a dome and Arizona is in.. well, Arizona. I'm tired of the seeing the ball flailing off Romo's hand and over his WR's head, so if we get in, i'd like to see them play a team inside.

Gotta go out and beat Philly first, though. It's gonna be damn tough.

Comment

• Yeah, winning in Philly is NEVER an easy thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information