Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ESPN's Ed Werder confirms that impending free agent NT Tank Johnson will not be retained by the Cowboys this offseason.
    This was reported two days ago in the Dallas Morning News. Tank kept his nose clean with Dallas and likely has a better chance of finding a team in 2009 than Adam Jones. Johnson could help a team running a 4-3 defense.
    ESPN's Ed Werder reports that the Cowboys have had internal discussions about releasing Terrell Owens this offseason.
    This is a massive long shot. Owens, due a $3.1 million roster bonus and $2.67 million base salary in 2009, is well worth the money and showed late in the 2008 season that he hasn't lost a step. The 35-year-old scored five TDs in Dallas' last eight games, averaging 18.9 yards per catch over that span.
    Found these interesting from rotoworld.

Comment

• I'm not going to believe a single world from Werder. The guy's a joke.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• True. But I do hope Werder is right on both.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
          True. But I do hope Werder is right on both.
          Meh I don't know why a lot of you guys are so down on TO. He has been a model teammate here in Dallas. Every story about him causing any type of problem was made up by the media (him not know the playbook, attempting suicide, calling secret meetings). He's been everything but a cancer since joining the Cowboys.
          He had a down year for his standard, but outside of Ware and (for half of the season) James who haven't had a down year this season?
          Last edited by Modano; 01-08-2009, 04:58 PM.

In Bob We Trust

Comment

• And I want to add something. TO is heart. Where the hell was our heart during the last game of the season? I don't care if he pouts and moans on the sidelines but the guy is a competitor and he has a big big heart. We need guys with hearth. Something Romo (and I hate to say that because I relly like Tony) has not showed yet.

In Bob We Trust

Comment

• I would say "model teammate" is taking it a bit to far. He hasn't been the jackass that he was in SF and PHI that's for sure, but he hasn't been leading the Kumbaya sing-a-long in the locker room either. He still complains about not getting the ball, he takes not-so subliminal shots and Romo and the coaching staff, and he still drops balls. A WR core of Roy, Crayton, Hurd and Miles (hopefully they will be resigned), along with a healthy Witten and the emergence of Bennett, still gives us a healthy amount of weapons. Not to mention the crazy depth we have at RB.

This could all be moot seeing that Jerry will more than likely will keep TO around.

Comment

• Here is some topic for discussion.

I read a rumor today that if Garrett was to leave to another organization that Jerry might put operation get Shannahan to dallas into effect.

Because of the loss of stability by losing Garrett we would essentially push fast forward....I can't exactly see it happening...

But reports have garrett as the top candidate for the lions job and top 3 in denver.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                  Here is some topic for discussion.

I read a rumor today that if Garrett was to leave to another organization that Jerry might put operation get Shannahan to dallas into effect.

Because of the loss of stability by losing Garrett we would essentially push fast forward....I can't exactly see it happening...

But reports have garrett as the top candidate for the lions job and top 3 in denver.
                  That would be kind of funny, in a way. We'd just end up trading coaches with Denver. However, I never thought I'd say this because I've never been a Shanahan fan, but I'd be in favor of it. Cupcake needs to go. If he's willing to take a demotion to DC, then fine, but as a HC, no.

Comment

• Damn I hope the Eagles won't win the SB.

In Bob We Trust

Comment

• uh oh

my boy got in trouble.

Cowboys OLB Anthony Spencer was arrested in Indiana early Sunday for disorderly conduct and public intoxication at Have a Nice Day Cafe.
                      Spencer is also accused of trying to bribe bar workers to keep the club open past 3AM along with his agent, Matthew Millhouse. It's unclear if Millhouse was arrested too. Spencer allegedly "threw punches at bouncers, pounded on exit doors, and shouted at bar staff." He was Dallas' first-round pick in '07.
                      Source: WTHR - Indianapolis

Comment

• With McDaniels getting the job in Denver and Swartz looking to be the front runner in Detroit, looks like Garrett is staying. Hopefully he does a lot of studying and tries to learn from some of his mistakes the next 6-7 months.

Comment

With McDaniels getting the job in Denver and Swartz looking to be the front runner in Detroit, looks like Garrett is staying. Hopefully he does a lot of studying and tries to learn from some of his mistakes the next 6-7 months.
                          Unlike a position that requires talent/physical skills to succeed at, I believe you can only improve over time as a coordinator/coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                            Unlike a position that requires talent/physical skills to succeed at, I believe you can only improve over time as a coordinator/coach.
                            I think Garrett still has a lot of potential. I think Sparano's input (not to mention his OL coaching) was a lot more important to the offense last year than any of us realized. Hopefully, Garrett will learn next to compensate for that loss.

Comment

With McDaniels getting the job in Denver and Swartz looking to be the front runner in Detroit, looks like Garrett is staying. Hopefully he does a lot of studying and tries to learn from some of his mistakes the next 6-7 months.
                              He is set to interview with the Rams today, so let's hope he wows them.

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                                He is set to interview with the Rams today, so let's hope he wows them.
                                Ok, if Garrett wows him, who do you want to replace him? Chances are, things wouldn't change that much as Ray Sherman would probably be promoted to replace Garrett (at least that was the plan if Garrett left last year.) My point is, if Garrett leaves, will we necessarily be any better off?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information