• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    This is the perfect check list for me:

Dump Brian Stewart: check

Get rid of Jason Garrett: check

Hire Gruden - WCO here we come! Jerry gets his dime piece as he starts the new year in his brand new stadium.

WCO = The neccessity for more athleticism on the OL. Just what we need.

Bring in Jeff Garcia - Oh hell yes. Put some pressure on Romo's ass. He needs it.

Wade pushed down to DC - Right where he belongs.
    Gruden and Garcia HATE eachother. So you could cross that one off your list.

and Wade lets people walk all over him but, there is 0% chance he'd be demoted to DC. That would actually be an enormous insult to any HC.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

Comment

• Well. Who do you think we should pick as our OC? Sherman? And as a DC? Capers? And ST coach?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• I dont see it but, i wouldnt mind Gruden. Sherman/Peete are more likely, though...most likely Sherman given the experience. Gruden will probably be a Chiefs front runner if that job opens up. If you still want to be more of a pass heavy team...you can go w/ Martz. I've actually warmed up to the idea of Martz...still doubtful, though because, he is an over confident guy always looking for lots of power and control...probably clash w/ some. This team could use an established coordinator not another one of these potential guys, imo.

As for Defense...you may go that route, makes a lot of sense...but, you could also see someone be promoted or see another "potential" guy brought in...w/ Wade taking control over the playcalling again. The only way we dont go w/ a Capers is if Wade wants full control over the defense again. Which I may actually prefer. Maybe promote Campo who is getting D coord. looks by the Jags, among others but, have Wade still very much involved in the playcalling.

We should also take into account the guys Garrett may take with him, if he goes. John Garrett is as good as gone, Sherman/Peete may get looks and none of our defensive coaches are safe.
        Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 01-17-2009, 01:54 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• Good to see him be fired and Garrett on his way out. Good news all around!

Come on, Pete!

JUST LOOK AT HIM! He will eat your babies.

BoneKrusher

Comment

• Originally posted by dan77733 View Post
            D-Unit -

This is off topic but I want to know who that woman is in your sign that says Hawaii's Finest???
            It's the million dollar question. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              Gruden and Garcia HATE eachother. So you could cross that one off your list.

and Wade lets people walk all over him but, there is 0% chance he'd be demoted to DC. That would actually be an enormous insult to any HC.
              Well I'd rather have Gruden than Garcia by faaaaaaaar. lol.

How about then promoting Wade's son as our DC? Wade will make sure he succeeds. LMAO. I'm a genius!

Won't happen, but that's a pretty funny thought.

Lot of 3-4 DC candidates out there.... Capers, Crennel, Nolan off the top of my head.

Comment

• Some good news last 24 hours.

Nolan and Shanahan would be ideal IMHO. No BS dudes for a team filled with it.

Comment

Lot of 3-4 DC candidates out there.... Capers, Crennel, Nolan off the top of my head.
                  Crennel may stay in Cleveland.

Capers is GB or St Louis and Garrett.

Comment

• Originally posted by leroyisgod View Post
                    Can Romo operate in the west coast offense?
                    Um, yeah. In fact, might be a perfect WCO QB.

Comment

• Nolan accepted the DC job in Denver a few days ago. So cross him off the list.

Comment

• Originally posted by Paul View Post
                        Nolan accepted the DC job in Denver a few days ago. So cross him off the list.
                        Totally missed that. Good move by McDaniels. My bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                          Well. Who do you think we should pick as our OC? Sherman? And as a DC? Capers? And ST coach?
                          We already hired a ST coach....name escapes me...but he was with JAX for the past couple of years.

Comment

• Joe DeCamillis.

Wade Phillips' first sign of change is bringing in Joe DeCamillis as his special teams coach to replace Bruce Read.

Phillips and DeCamillis were assistants together in Denver and Atlanta.

DeCamillis spent the last two years as Jacksonville's special teams' coordinator. He has run special teams' units since 1993 with the New York Giants (1993-96) and Atlanta (1997-2006) before moving on to the Jaguars.

Jacksonville led the NFL in opponents' starting position after a kickoff (24.5) in 2008. Opposing teams averaged 19.9 yards per kick return and 8.1 yards per punt return, compared to the 21.3 yards per kick return and 10.5 yards per punt return the Cowboys allowed under Read.

Jacksonville's returners averaged 22.5 yards on kicks and 9.5 yards on punts. The Cowboys' averaged 22.2 yards per kick and 6.4 per punt.

Comment

• Thx paul for the leg work...I was being lazy.

Anyways....today is another great day to be a cowboys fan....we don't have to play against that Spags NYG defense....that is huge for us.

Comment

It's the million dollar question. ;)
                                looks like Brooke Burke

what do you guys think the odds of Garrett going to St. Louis is?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information