This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
    Our DL is messed up big time. Olshansky is one name out there, but are there others?

The good thing is that there are a bunch of purdy good 34 DE prospects this year. A bunch of them could really help us out... from Jerry Peria, Ziggy Hood, Sen'Derrick Marks... to Vance Walker, Fili Moala, Alex MaGee (no one is talking about him, but I like him), Chris Baker, Jarron Gilbert (super sleeper pick), Ricky Jean-Francois....

It's possible to get help... we just have to be lucky and not draft a bust.
    These are just my opinions...but I really don't like this DE class

Jerry Peria - No thanks...not in a 3-4
    , Ziggy Hood - Jay Ratliff 2.0 I'm all for him
    , Sen'Derrick Marks - Blah JAG imo
    ... to Vance Walker - another meh
    , Fili Moala - Would be a decent value in the third..but later not our pick
    , Alex MaGee (no one is talking about him, but I like him) also think he could fit with us
    , Chris Baker - he's no langford even
    , Jarron Gilbert (super sleeper pick) - talked about him in my shrine post I also like him,
    Ricky Jean-Francois - only thing this guy has ever did was talk no thx

Comment

• Zimmer was lost in trying to lead a 3-4 defense. We need new blood, firstly and when it comes to Zimmer and the 3-4...square peg, round hole.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• I don't think we'll see a new DC this year. I think that Campo and Grantham will just be in charge of the game plans....DMN also said something about bringing in Gary Gibbs...and I'm not sure about that....

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
          These are just my opinions...but I really don't like this DE class

Jerry Peria - No thanks...not in a 3-4
          , Ziggy Hood - Jay Ratliff 2.0 I'm all for him
          , Sen'Derrick Marks - Blah JAG imo
          ... to Vance Walker - another meh
          , Fili Moala - Would be a decent value in the third..but later not our pick
          , Alex MaGee (no one is talking about him, but I like him) also think he could fit with us
          , Chris Baker - he's no langford even
          , Jarron Gilbert (super sleeper pick) - talked about him in my shrine post I also like him,
          I love Peria, but he'll be long gone. Ziggy is awesome. I agree on Marks (JAG). Intrigued by Walker... a nice potential guy. Moala I'm not high on, but I think he could surprise me. I get the feeling of a Junior Siavii though. MaGee is a nice sleeper. Baker and Gilbert are just "potential" guys. RJF... after the whole Spears failure, I don't like any LSU DL... not Dorsey not Tyson Jackson not Al Woods not anyone.

Comment

I don't think we'll see a new DC this year. I think that Campo and Grantham will just be in charge of the game plans....DMN also said something about bringing in Gary Gibbs...and I'm not sure about that....
            Yeah, we don't need a DC if all they'll do is take away from what Wade does for us.

Comment

• Is Wade's son a member of our coaching staff?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                Is Wade's son a member of our coaching staff?
                Um, yes he is.

Comment

Well he did ***** slap Ohio State.

Comment

• Well Bum Phillips was a good coordinator and coach, Wade is a great coordinator, does his son have any talent?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by Modano View Post
                      Well Bum Phillips was a good coordinator and coach, Wade is a great coordinator, does his son have any talent?
                      He must because he never would have been hired otherwise. Unless you can coach, you aren't wanted in Dallas nor do you last very long.

Comment

• Do you guys think it's out of the question Todd Haley ever comes back to Dallas? Seems like he's going to get a job this off-season anyway, but who knows.

It also seems to me, like the writing is on the wall for TO...Why hasn't anyone came out and said the reports are not true and we look forward to TO coming back? Jerry won't answer any questions about him, Romo doesn't want to comment, Garrett just said he respects him as a player and that was it.

This stuff could of been squashed by now, but I really think we are giving it some heavy consideration to letting him go in March...Quite frankly I'd love to see what Garrett could do here one more year without TO to really see what we have and if he improves or not.

Guys like Payton and Haley did well when they left here, so I really want to see what Garrett could bring to the table this 3rd year without TO and the weapons we do have.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                        I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                          Do you guys think it's out of the question Todd Haley ever comes back to Dallas? Seems like he's going to get a job this off-season anyway, but who knows.

It also seems to me, like the writing is on the wall for TO...Why hasn't anyone came out and said the reports are not true and we look forward to TO coming back? Jerry won't answer any questions about him, Romo doesn't want to comment, Garrett just said he respects him as a player and that was it.

This stuff could of been squashed by now, but I really think we are giving it some heavy consideration to letting him go in March...Quite frankly I'd love to see what Garrett could do here one more year without TO to really see what we have and if he improves or not.

Guys like Payton and Haley did well when they left here, so I really want to see what Garrett could bring to the table this 3rd year without TO and the weapons we do have.
                          Frankly, I'm a little worn out on the Haley talk. Good God, he's being talked about like the second coming of Parcells. I think everybody needs to tap the breaks a bit. Let's not forget, while they have played well lately, the Cardinals are not a team without some problems. Some could argue that with Warren and two WRs like Fitz and Bolden, how did they end up only 9-7 and would have missed the playoffs had their division not been a dog.

Let's hold off a bit before Haley is annointed. And does anyone think he could really keep up that demeanor and continue to have players respect him and play hard for him? Tuna could do it because he has skins on the wall. Haley couldn't do that.
                          In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
                            Do you guys think it's out of the question Todd Haley ever comes back to Dallas? Seems like he's going to get a job this off-season anyway, but who knows.

Did you hear how the Notre Dame AD addressed the rumors of Jon Gruden going over there to coach?

He gave a very logical reason, and i think it applies here as well. He basically said that if he dignifies those reports with a response, people will feel like they (the AD, school etc.) would have to release statements for pretty much any rumor that is created by the media.

The Cowboys are covered more than any team in the NFL, if Jerry and Wade had to release statements for every dumb ass thing Ed Werder reports, they'd never finish.

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                              Frankly, I'm a little worn out on the Haley talk. Good God, he's being talked about like the second coming of Parcells. I think everybody needs to tap the breaks a bit. Let's not forget, while they have played well lately, the Cardinals are not a team without some problems. Some could argue that with Warren and two WRs like Fitz and Bolden, how did they end up only 9-7 and would have missed the playoffs had their division not been a dog.

Let's hold off a bit before Haley is annointed. And does anyone think he could really keep up that demeanor and continue to have players respect him and play hard for him? Tuna could do it because he has skins on the wall. Haley couldn't do that.

I think Haley will make a better Head Coach then Sean Payton, and as far as leadership is concerned he could run a team a whole lot better then Garrett seems like he could and that's a big concern for me over x's and o's sometimes...I don't think Haley is going to be the next great thing, but I do think he's going to make a fine head coach and at this point it's obvious he's not letting any prima donna's run him or his team and we need more of that going on around here.

I don't know what gives you the impression that players wouldn't respect and play hard for him, Mike Smith went down to Atlanta with that same passion and those players love him to death and have the utmost respect for him, it's not that hard if your that type of guy but we have alot of passive guys in house it seems.

Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
                              Did you hear how the Notre Dame AD addressed the rumors of Jon Gruden going over there to coach?

He gave a very logical reason, and i think it applies here as well. He basically said that if he dignifies those reports with a response, people will feel like they (the AD, school etc.) would have to release statements for pretty much any rumor that is created by the media.

The Cowboys are covered more than any team in the NFL, if Jerry and Wade had to release statements for every dumb ass thing Ed Werder reports, they'd never finish.

Yea I guess your right to an extent, but anytime Jerry is silent on a big name player there is always something else going on, when rumors were swirling last off-season about Barber being traded Jerry jumped at the chance to tell people they were crazy in thinking that, he didn't know where these rumors were coming from and we had full intentions on keeping Barber.

Knowing TO's personality I'm pretty sure Jerry would want to squash this rumor before it even picks up steam if he knew confidently he was coming back, but I really think it's a big decision still to be made and he hasn't decided...Frankly if you listen to all the quotes and read in between the lines I'd say it's leaning towards him being gone, at least that's the feeling I'm getting.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
                              I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• I didn't like Haley when he was with us. I don't like him now either. I still want Shanahan.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information