This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ward View Post
    Is anyone else interested in Clancy Pendergast? He's run out of 3-4 fronts before and runs an attacking D. It would still be Wade's defense, but Pendergast might bring some toughness.
    I am, I was surprised he was fired, like really surprised, who is out there that they like more then him? We all know it's Wade's D, but I think he's clearly the best candidate right now and if Wade gets fired at some point Pendergrast can still run the 3-4.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Have you guys been reading the reports about Ireland and Parcells wanting Austin??

What are the rules on tendering an UDFA?? I'm not 100% sure I can place a tender on him, and either trade him, match the offer, or let him walk.

I don't know how much they are prepared to offer, but I don't think Jerry wants to break the bank...He'd probably go to Miami and flourish outside with Ginn but who knows, everything I've read looks like they will make a push to get him.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
        Have you guys been reading the reports about Ireland and Parcells wanting Austin?
        What is there not to like? When he is on the field he makes plays but if you don't give him a real shot and some reps ...... be better for him if he leaves, just like Carpenter, and goes to a team that will take some risk and believes in their talent.

Also, no comments on the management soap opera in Dallas?

Comment

• ^^^^ anybody else???

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• ↓↓↓↓↓↓↓↓ any thoughts?

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
              From the blog today...

"We didn't get the details of Dan Reeves' job description until he decided not to take the gig. But Reeves let the world know during his radio tour yesterday that he would have been heavily involved in coaching the Cowboys' offense."

They also said, it was a good thing he didnt stick around for Dallas. My response to that is...BS. JJ was bringing him in to mentor Garrett and now he's going to have to do it all alone, more than likely. We may have a lot of the same problems as last year. I dont think Garrett has the slightest idea what he is doing, to be completely honest. He was in over his head last year and tried to simplify things...but, how the hell are you supposed to win, when you constantly run the same few plays all the time? The fact that teams said they basically new what was coming is insanely alarming...the fact that we're still keeping him around just seems like a bad idea. He wasnt ready to be an offensive coordinator and I dont think we'll see some miracle growth next year, either. Bringing in Reeves to aid him would have been a very good idea.
              That's about it. The fact that JJ was willing to pay big bucks for a "consultant" pretty much shows how much confidence he has in Garrett. This whole thing has been a complete cluster****. It's been frustrating to watch.

Comment

• Ok so I was reading some of Roy Williams comments(the Safety) and he was talking about how he is a much better fit in the 4-3 then he is the 3-4, and his stats and production probably backs that up.

My question though, is the difference really that big between the two? I didn't think the priorities of a safety changed that much between the two, but maybe I'm wrong in thinking that way.

That's still more the reason that I though trading him would be a nice option to a 4-3 team if possible, I'd push for a 4th and see if you get any takers, and I'd probably take an early 5th if someone was willing but his contract probably prevents him from being traded...Last year was probably the year to try and make that happen, now he's been sucking and off of an injury.

Comment

• He can make all the excuses he wants, but his time as a Pro Bowl safety are long gone IMO. I've always wondered though if the Colts or the Bucs would take him and move him to LB.

Comment

• Personally I think Dan Reeves was a bit of a gimmick. The guy is a dinosaur. I mean, really what was he going to do? Show Garrett how to pound the rock 40 times a game? Show him how to give a runningback a record 410 carries in a season?

I mean come on, the offense under Parcells was predictable as well. 3rd and 8 -- why pass when you can run a delayed draw to Julius for a gain of 3. Flea Flicker. Tons of ********.

Garretts first year was bad ass. He made some mistake this past year, but I bet if the offensive line had held up and if we weren't dealing with a new injury every week -- Felix, Kosier, Flo, Romo, Witten, Barber, Holland, Austin -- we probably would have had a better year.

I know he got predictable as well but everyone takes their lumps. He wasn't going to just remain a playcalling God and never be exposed. He just has to go back to the drawing board.

Let's not pretend that Tony didn't throw some stupid passes either. Roy Williams, T.O., and Crayton all started to complain about Tony not finding them when they are open. 3-5 passes a game that could have been redirected could have made a huge difference.

The offense as a whole, coach and players, underachieved.

Comment

• Just finally got around to uploading some pictures.

Me and D after our week 17 loss in Hawaii.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                        Just finally got around to uploading some pictures.

Me and D after our week 17 loss in Hawaii.

holy **** is D married?

Comment

• He's shown pictures of his kid on here too. Atleast, I'm pretty positive they were pics of his little boy. D is doing work in Hawaii. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• LMAO...Flozell Adams is still false starting in the pro bowl, smh...Some things never change :)

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
                              holy **** is D married?
                              Yeah I'm married... I'm guessing that it was my double chin that gave it away... right? LMAO. Yes I've gotten fat and lazy. :p

That pic came out pretty clear for a phone pic thule. Thanks for the bad memories... never gonna watch a Cowboys game with you again..
                              Last edited by D-Unit; 02-08-2009, 08:30 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                He's shown pictures of his kid on here too. Atleast, I'm pretty positive they were pics of his little boy. D is doing work in Hawaii. :)
                                I got 3 boys! ! ! ! ! ! Howz dat for work? :]

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information