Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We could use the CB depth, wonder how much money he would be asking for...If we get Pendergast I won't be worried much about the defense, we should be a strong unit, it's the offensive side of the ball I'm worried about sadly.

Originally posted by Scott Wright
    I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
      We could use the CB depth, wonder how much money he would be asking for...If we get Pendergast I won't be worried much about the defense, we should be a strong unit, it's the offensive side of the ball I'm worried about sadly.
      He can't be asking for near as much this offseason as last. This is what he went for in the first week of FA last year...

"On March 1, 2008, Florence was signed by the Jacksonville Jaguars to a six-year $36 million contract with $13 million in guaranteed money."
      2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
      - Cleveland Browns GM
      - Dallas Cowboys GM
      - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

• Florence is terrible...

If Henry does indeed move to FS, we can def. use some CB depth but, we can do better than Florence.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
        KO KNOWS

Comment

• I'm not a fan of Florence. Honestly, I'd rather have Henry there.

Comment

• What about Dunta Robinson, will he be available in FA?
            2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
            - Cleveland Browns GM
            - Dallas Cowboys GM
            - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

• Dunta is an excellent player when healthy. But anyway, Dallas doesn't need, nor can they afford a corner of that caliber. He wants $23 million in guaranteed money. But yeah, we dont need a starting corner, just depth. You have your projected starters already in Newman and Jenkins. Then Scandrick is the nickel guy, we're set for quite a while. We just need to bring in some guys to compete for those 4 and 5 spots. I'm assuming of course that Henry will be moving to safety. I def. think he'll finally make that full time move next year....thus, we just need a little depth.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• Top 5 FA players

MOTH,

Who are your top FA guys you would like to see the Cowboys land?

Of course we probably wont be able to sign too many high dollar guys, but for arguments sake, who would you like to see us sign..who would make the most impact in your opinion?
                2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
                - Cleveland Browns GM
                - Dallas Cowboys GM
                - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

• I don't think we tie any FA money or draft picks on CB.
                  In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                    I don't think we tie any FA money or draft picks on CB.
                    One injury and we are looking at Alan Ball playing the #2 corner with scandrick in the nickel again...no thanks...we will add another body on the second day I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by UTPATS View Post
                      MOTH,

Who are your top FA guys you would like to see the Cowboys land?

Of course we probably wont be able to sign too many high dollar guys, but for arguments sake, who would you like to see us sign..who would make the most impact in your opinion?
                      Igor Olshansky- yes please...address a huge need for us for a ok contract after a down year

Albert Haynesworth- I know it's not happening...but I still will never let this down....we win a superbowl with him on our team.

Ray Lewis- sounds expensive...but would be worth it imo

Michael Boley- super high on him in our scheme...doubt it will happen

Tully Banta-Cain- someone to look at if ellis isn't back....

Leigh Bodden- I'm super high on him if he comes at a reasonable price...but I doubt we make a run at a starting caliber guy like him.

Sean Jones- #2 on my wants behind Haynesworth...so aka #1 this guy is a stud

Mike Brown- when healthy he is a beast

Jarrad Page- RFA but depending on his tender might be on his way out anyways....good starter could start in dallas

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                        One injury and we are looking at Alan Ball playing the #2 corner with scandrick in the nickel again...no thanks...we will add another body on the second day I think.
                        I agree that we may add something late. I guess I should have specified that I don't think we invest any FA money and an early draft pick on CB.
                        In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                          I agree that we may add something late. I guess I should have specified that I don't think we invest any FA money and an early draft pick on CB.
                          Chris McCallister is a FA....instatly jumps up into my favorite guy for the job. A savy vet that could step in if you needed him too....otherwise he just plays about 20% of the defensive snaps and preaches....doesn't hurt to take Raven defensive players either....they have that swaggar they could bring to us.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                            Chris McCallister is a FA....instatly jumps up into my favorite guy for the job. A savy vet that could step in if you needed him too....otherwise he just plays about 20% of the defensive snaps and preaches....doesn't hurt to take Raven defensive players either....they have that swaggar they could bring to us.
                            What kind of contract will this guy be looking for? From everything I am reading he will likely sign a 1-2 year deal worth quite a bit, but might settle for less per year if someone offers the 3-4 year deal.

I don't think the money will be there this year for us to be in contention, there are way too many other teams needing a VET CB's services.

If we could get a decent deal that wouldn't protrude in us signing Ware to LTD or resigning guys like Burnett/Canty/Austin/etc., them I am all for it, I just doubt we will be able to compete.
                            2013 Cowboys Forum Mock
                            - Cleveland Browns GM
                            - Dallas Cowboys GM
                            - Atlanta Falcons GM

Comment

• McAllister is just a big name. He's way to injury prone and would just slow the development and impact of Jenkins and Scandrick. ..plus the $$$... No thank you. He doesn't want to go anywhere where he won't start. Save the $$$ elsewhere.

Comment

• JJ talked to the media a bit today...he didnt exactly say it but, he did hint at T.O. returning next year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information