Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dallas Cowboys Discussion

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • He's bigger or as big as Donnie Edwards but, you really cant compare the two other than that.

    I still think it'd be more likely that we cut him but, if he's still on the team...he just may be a LB.
    Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 02-26-2009, 05:54 PM.

    Thanks BoneKrusher^

    http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
    KO KNOWS

    Comment


    • Yeah it'll be interesting to see if any team bites....Worse comes to worse...we get a FA we like in here...and make the cut then to free up the needed room.

      On a side note I read the Skins were shopping Springs....I'd love to bring him to dallas. I've always been a fan of him...and his is a good vet with family ties back to the cowboys....only thing that doesn't make sense is inter-division player trades.

      Comment


      • How about giving Donnie Edwards a cheap 1 year deal. Maybe he can teach Bobby to play. Food for thought.

        Comment


        • Maybe but, he's been pretty bad and constantly banged up in the last two years. Not so sure he'd see the same success either in Dallas...

          1. He's old, oft-injured, and regressing

          2. This isnt exactly the same Wade Phillips defense...he wouldn't be playing behind a massive Jamal Williams anymore.

          Thanks BoneKrusher^

          http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
          KO KNOWS

          Comment


          • I agree....seems more like a waste of money too me.

            Comment


            • Be interesting to see if Roy were to be traded what his value is. I'd say a 6th round pick...which would be just fine with me....and although I don't see a trade happening...just the utter curiosity is killing me.

              Comment


              • Well maybe we just throw Bobby Carp in there and live with it? Not really any other options with the salary restrcitions we supposedly have.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by thule View Post
                  Be interesting to see if Roy were to be traded what his value is. I'd say a 6th round pick...which would be just fine with me....and although I don't see a trade happening...just the utter curiosity is killing me.
                  I got a 4th Rounder and Frank Okam for Roy in the Forum mock. Winner, winner, chicken dinner? I think so. :D

                  Believe it or not there are teams like the Texans that have a crappier S solution.

                  Comment


                  • Do the Bengals need a S? Reunite him with Zimmer and get a 6th or w/e for him.

                    thinking out loud

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Im_a_Romosexual View Post
                      Do the Bengals need a S? Reunite him with Zimmer and get a 6th or w/e for him.

                      thinking out loud
                      This also crossed my mind...bengals haven't been known as a trading organization tho...so I don't see it happening...hard to believe teams will trade for a guy when they know he will be available in FA in the future also.

                      Comment


                      • "Last weekend, the Cowboys made an offer to Burnett's agent, Ricky Lefft. Burnett, who excelled in the sub packages in 2008, is looking for a starting job. That could come with the Cowboys, considering the only inside linebackers signed for 2009 are Bradie James and Bobby Carpenter."

                        "It was not lucrative enough to not go into free agency," Lefft said of the Cowboys' offer. "We've got five to six teams I'm pretty confident in we will talk to."

                        Thanks BoneKrusher^

                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                        http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                        KO KNOWS

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                          "Last weekend, the Cowboys made an offer to Burnett's agent, Ricky Lefft. Burnett, who excelled in the sub packages in 2008, is looking for a starting job. That could come with the Cowboys, considering the only inside linebackers signed for 2009 are Bradie James and Bobby Carpenter."

                          "It was not lucrative enough to not go into free agency," Lefft said of the Cowboys' offer. "We've got five to six teams I'm pretty confident in we will talk to."
                          Bringing Burnett back would really allow us some flexibility this offseason...too bad we couldn't get it to work...he could still stay here tho...have to play the waiting game....could be a lot like Columbo in the past where you wait until they realize the offers aren't what they thought they'd be. Injury plagued player with no starting experience isn't going to be a hot commodity imo...although I think we all know he could be a good player for most teams in the leauge.

                          Comment


                          • The waiting game is right...Burnett's injuries could scare a lot of teams away but, the FA LB class isnt all that good...so his value could be fairly high as well. He saw a lot of playing time to showcase his ability. He could be shunned and come back or he could get a surprisingly larger offer. Just have to wait.

                            Again the fact that there are a lot more 3-4 teams could hurt us. Even though, it's still not the best fit for Kevin.

                            Thanks BoneKrusher^

                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                            http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                            KO KNOWS

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                              The waiting game is right...Burnett's injuries could scare a lot of teams away but, the FA LB class isnt all that good...so his value could be fairly high as well. He saw a lot of playing time to showcase his ability. he could be shunned and come back or he could get a surprisingly larger offer. Just have to wait.
                              Ya, obviously as fans we have a tendency to overrate our teams talent. Burnett is an exception tho imo....he was as important to our defense as Bradie James...which is a pretty big peice...losing him will hurt a bit....his shoes are pretty big to fill from a play caller to a special teamer....I'll go as far as saying his loss will hurt more than Cantys...because atleast we have able bodied vets behind Canty that have proven they can play atleast a time or two.

                              Comment


                              • Yeah seriously, we have this major gap in the middle right now. Only problem with Burnett is the injuries...he can probably be a 3 down player now but, there is still a great deal of risk there. He cannot stay healthy at all.

                                We also have to remember...if guys like Jacques Reeves can get $20 million, then Burnett may very well get PAID as well on the open market.
                                Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 02-26-2009, 10:18 PM.

                                Thanks BoneKrusher^

                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                                http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                                KO KNOWS

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X

                                Debug Information