This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    I just think it's funny that we signed Matt Stewart. The guy fell of the radar a while ago.
    I found it interesting that he also had experience with our special teams coach....anything to boost our awful special teams imo....justin rogers didn't do a damn thing there last year.

Comment

• Well, Matt used to be a good player and is still only 29...hopefully, he can surprise and make the team, and maybe do even more than that. With that contract and being that he hasnt played in two years....it's more of an audition more than anything. A player to keep an eye on come preseason, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
        Well, Matt used to be a good player and is still only 29...hopefully, he can surprise and make the team, and maybe do even more than that. With that contract and being that he hasnt played in two years....it's more of an audition more than anything. A player to keep an eye on come preseason, though.
        Rested/Rejuvenated are words that always worry me when talking about NFL players haha.

Comment

• Originally posted by Burns336 View Post
          California is home and Oakland will probably give him more than anyone else.

I wish I knew what went on in these contract negotiations. I just don't see how Wade or Jerry wouldn't have wanted him back. KB seems like he makes things so much easier on the defense.
          Burnett wants a chance to start and Wade won't give him one.

He's a goner now that Brookings was signed.

Now we need a Nickel LB.

Comment

• I'd be interested to see if any team would give Burnett the chance to start.

As for Matt Stewart... I'll be surprised if he's on the 53 man roster at the start of the season.

What we should do is draft Kevin Ellison to be our Nickel LB. That's what I did in the forum mock. ;) *Ducks from flying tomatos*

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
              I'd be interested to see if any team would give Burnett the chance to start.

As for Matt Stewart... I'll be surprised if he's on the 53 man roster at the start of the season.

What we should do is draft Kevin Ellison to be our Nickel LB. That's what I did in the forum mock. ;) *Ducks from flying tomatos*
              I actually wouldn't be opposed to that. Ellison is a great player, he just needs a special role. He isn't fast enough to be a safety (had he run a 4.6, I would have him as the best SS in this draft) and he probably can't play LB anywhere full time.

Comment

• Originally posted by DCFanatic View Post
                Burnett wants a chance to start and Wade won't give him one.

He's a goner now that Brookings was signed.

Now we need a Nickel LB.
                Welcome. I've been to your website to watch videos quite a few times.

Comment

• Cowboys owner Jerry Jones confirmed that the team is considering moving Felix Jones into the starting lineup with Marion Barber going back to his pre-2008 "closer" role.

The owner was careful to emphasize that Barber will still be heavily involved in the offense, but this confirms our suspicions that Felix Jones will be worked in more in 2009. Barber's 248 touches to Julius Jones' 167 in 2007 may be a good baseline for Barber vs. Felix Jones and Tashard Choice in 2009.
                  Source: Dallas Morning News

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                  KO KNOWS

Comment

• Burnett is now supposedly getting heavy interest from the packers on top of the Raiders and Chargers....if you still had any glint of hope...it's fine to have lost it now...because he's not coming back. :(

Comment

• what are your thoughts on Burnett's ability to play outside on the weak side? I know you guys like him in the inside but what are your thoughts on him on the outside because that is where the Packers, if they sign him, plan to play him.

Comment

• Originally posted by PACKmanN View Post
                        what are your thoughts on Burnett's ability to play outside on the weak side? I know you guys like him in the inside but what are your thoughts on him on the outside because that is where the Packers, if they sign him, plan to play him.
                        It's worth a shot. He's had some experience there as a backup. What many here will miss is our Nickel LB. He's been too injury prone to fulfill his potential. I'm not sure how much potential there is left to fill, but you should feel good about a solid depth guy.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                          Burnett is now supposedly getting heavy interest from the packers on top of the Raiders and Chargers....if you still had any glint of hope...it's fine to have lost it now...because he's not coming back. :(
                          I think he's going to the Chargers to be honest. A system he is already familiar with. They need a starter at ILB which is a much better position for him than OLB. He's going to give them a lot of options in the middle because both he and Cooper have the ability to cover. He's also going to be playing behind a much bigger NT.

bye, bye KB :(

Comment

• cowboys just released TO

Comment

• Originally posted by cdub11 View Post
                              cowboys just released TO
                              Whoa. Can't say I'm upset about it.

Comment

• Well to everyone I said was stupid for thinking jerry would cut T.O., I guess I'm the idiot, huh?

I am not at all pleased. We just cut one of our best players, one of the only guys on this team with heart. Now we are left with a total wild card in Roy Williams. Personally I think he's going to fail to meet expectations but well see.

I guess the bar has been set pretty high. 26 td's over the past 2 years by Owens... lets see what RW can do.

New prediction for upcoming season: 7-9

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information