This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
    I agree with that but you see...we have young capable players at end as it is. So, unless someone fell to us in the 2nd (unlikely). End wouldnt be as big a need as safety anyway. The fact that we could be starting a rookie safety drafted in the 2nd round on is a pretty scary thought. You better hit with that draft selection or we could be screwed. It would be nice to add a stop gap or some veteran capable of starting on the roster via FA. That would certainly seem more important than adding an end. Who you may end up over paying for.
    I guess the part where you say we already have capable players at end is where we disagree. Hatcher is on his last leg to show anything. The promise is nearly worn out. It's this year or the highway for him. Bowen is a capable backup... same with Spears.

If we can't get Igor, I wouldn't mind looking at CJ Mosley who was released.

And as for having a 2nd round S start for us... I'm perfectly fine with that. Even a 3rd or 4th rounder could work without scaring me too much. The key is hitting on the selection. ...I know that's easier said than done. Possible though. Washington was so lucky to hit on Chris Horton last year.... damn.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
      I guess the part where you say we already have capable players at end is where we disagree. Hatcher is on his last leg to show anything. The promise is nearly worn out. It's this year or the highway for him. Bowen is a capable backup... same with Spears.

If we can't get Igor, I wouldn't mind looking at CJ Mosley who was released.

And as for having a 2nd round S start for us... I'm perfectly fine with that. Even a 3rd or 4th rounder could work without scaring me too much. The key is hitting on the selection. ...I know that's easier said than done. Possible though. Washington was so lucky to hit on Chris Horton last year.... damn.
      There is risk involved in both ways...but, I'd rather have Bowen and Hatcher battling it out then having all our eggs in one basket with a rookie back in coverage. Bowen was actually a fairly consistant guy last year and Hacther/Gilbert were actually very similar prospects. I wouldnt doubt one could emerge for us. Oh what an interesting off-season this is becoming. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
      KO KNOWS

Comment

There is risk involved in both ways...but, I'd rather have Bowen and Hatcher battling it out then having all our eggs in one basket with a rookie back in coverage. Bowen was actually a fairly consistant guy last year and Hacther/Gilbert were actually very similar prospects. I wouldnt doubt one could emerge for us. Oh what an interesting off-season this is becoming. haha.
        Sure is. Jerry always knows how to make headlines... :D

At least we know Jerry is looking to spend at least some money..

Comment

• TO and Roy Williams in ONE DAY!!!!!!!

I am so deliriously happy. Like a giant dump.

Comment

• Originally posted by gafyobop View Post
            TO and Roy Williams in ONE DAY!!!!!!!

I am so deliriously happy. Like a giant dump.
            I'm sure you are. Now who are you going to complain about...:roll:

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• Originally posted by pocketaces View Post
              I'm sure you are. Now who are you going to complain about...:roll:
              LOLOLOLOLOL. I guess Jones is not as silly and superficial as I thought. Stubborn oh yes but not completely silly.

Logic, reason and nuance have seemingly been invited back into Valley Ranch. Let us hope it stays for a long time.

We shall see when draft time comes if they address NT, MLB and S as well as OL. Same draft time needs of the last three years.

If that is all Jones does we can confirm at least one off season where the moves "made sense."

Comment

LOLOLOLOLOL. I guess Jones is not as silly and superficial as I thought. Stubborn oh yes but not completely silly.

Logic, reason and nuance have seemingly been invited back into Valley Ranch. Let us hope it stays for a long time.

We shall see when draft time comes if they address NT, MLB and S as well as OL.

If that is all Jones does we can confirm at least one off season where the moves "made sense."
                NT is arguable...we could use some depth behind Jay but, we're obviously not moving Jay to end now that we have interest in Olshansky. Middle to late round depth at the position is more likely...someone to compete with Siavii.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

NT is arguable...we could use some depth behind Jay but, we're obviously not moving Jay to end now that we have interest in Olshansky. Middle to late round depth at the position is more likely...someone to compete with Siavii.
                  Jay Ratliff is not a great 3-4 NT regardless of what anyone says at the Ranch.

Can he play it right, sure, and pretty damn good but he is a SUPER STAR 3-4 DE if they would have the courage to do so.

I would rather get stouter on the run with a big NT, lighter and faster at the MLB spot while surrendering NT penetration and MLB bulk.

I also think you get so much more when you put your athletes towards the edge. Hatcher, Ware, Spencer, Ratliff coming off the edge with a NT who can hold the point?????

I dunno, I just think it much better. Either way, good day.

Comment

• OK, it's true. The Dallas Cowboys have definitively talked to Orlando Scandrick about playing some free safety this season. The word is that in certain packages Scandrick will play free safety and that Ken Hamlin will be moving over to the strong safety position.

I have this information from a source that is close to the Cowboys and I believe that it is absolutely accurate. It's not sure yet whether it will be a full-time move or only in some of the new packages on defense the Cowboys are installing. But believe it, they have already discussed this with Scandrick and they are planning to do it.

per BTB

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Comment

• You bring up some valid points but, Ratliff at NT brings something not seen in most 3-4's. It really is an advantage, he's remarkable in his role...and given our one gap scheme, his pressure up the middle is invaluable. Zach Thomas was one of the primary reasons why our defense started to fall apart down the stretch. He was worn down and constantly on his ass. He was pancaked on both of the Ravens big TD runs. Brooking, while not a big upgrade, brings familiarity and a little more youth (not much, I know)...he should be better in the role. We obviously could use an ILB who excels in coverage because, Brooking is greatly lacking here but again, I'm getting beside the point. Our team doesnt have a problem getting after the QB...this defense was playing at a very high level for a good string and carrying this team. You hear a lot of crap about inconsistant pass rush but, any team would love our pass rush. Everyone knows sacks arent everything but, you obviously have to have a pretty damn good pass rush to rack up a league best 59 sacks...I mean seriously are you kidding me? That is outstanding. With our offensive inconsistencies this defense was on the field way too often...hopefully, with more focus on running the ball, we can keep these guys fresh. The moves we made in the last few days should really end up helping us in more ways than one. Right now, Ratliff at the Nose is not a problem at all, quite the contrary in fact. To drop an overused cliche...If it aint broke, dont fix it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Comment

• If Rafeal Vala wrote that on BTB I don't trust it.

That guy is full of ****. He has no in's with the organization, he's just a Blogger. I've read his articles on numerous occasions and they are often filled with errors, whether it has to do with a player, a certain play, or the type of defense we were running.

He loves the smell of his own farts. The guy has no better idea on what is going on with the team than we do. He's just another above average fan.

EDIT: Just went to the site and saw that Grizz wrote that. I would say he's got more credibility, although I'm still not sure what sources he could have that are close to the Cowboys. He spent training camp in the stands with the rest of the average fans, he couldn't even get media clearance to be on the field. So I would take that with a grain of salt.
                        Last edited by Burns336; 03-05-2009, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Jay Ratliff is not a great 3-4 NT regardless of what anyone says at the Ranch.

Can he play it right, sure, and pretty damn good but he is a SUPER STAR 3-4 DE if they would have the courage to do so.

I would rather get stouter on the run with a big NT, lighter and faster at the MLB spot while surrendering NT penetration and MLB bulk.

I also think you get so much more when you put your athletes towards the edge. Hatcher, Ware, Spencer, Ratliff coming off the edge with a NT who can hold the point?????

I dunno, I just think it much better. Either way, good day.

while I think that a big NT is optimal, I don't think that there is anybody currently available that would be an improvement over Rat at NT.

Comment

• What about this tought?

What do you think about Marion for Boldin?

There could be cap implications that would make this unlikely but just thinking out loud.
                            In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Originally posted by Macarthur View Post
                              What about this tought?

What do you think about Marion for Boldin?

There could be cap implications that would make this unlikely but just thinking out loud.
                              Nope. Don't like it. We don't need a replacement for TO. We simply need an unselfish complimentary receiver. Boldin is not that guy. Roy is selfish enough... I wouldn't be surprised to see him being a cry baby if balls aren't thrown his way enough. I mean let's be real. He's always been that way.

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Unit View Post
                                Nope. Don't like it. We don't need a replacement for TO. We simply need an unselfish complimentary receiver. Boldin is not that guy. Roy is selfish enough... I wouldn't be surprised to see him being a cry baby if balls aren't thrown his way enough. I mean let's be real. He's always been that way.
                                If all this just happened a day earlier, a guy like Lavernaus Coles would of been perfect.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information