This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by crisco0710 View Post
    Yall know, yall are really depending on receivers who have done and showed absolutely nothing. The way yall talk about stanback, hurd, and austin would have me thinking they were already special players.
    Way to overreact. Someone just asked if Tory Holt should be a consideration... guys are mock drafting us taking WRs... Why would you even think that?

Oh well, fact of the matter is that these guys have been sitting on the bench for a long time and haven't had a chance to show the fans what they can do. I'm sure the coaching staff has a better idea of their abilities, but we as fans are ready to see what the coaching staff sees. There must be a reason why they were picked up and are still on the team... we just want to see it.

Comment

• Stanback really blowing is of no surprise to me. Over the past few years, this FO has shown absolutely no consistency whatsoever in drafting in the mid-rounds. Chalk Stanback up as another wasted pick. There's really no way the guy gets a chance to do anything but return kicks, and on top of that, he can't stay healthy to save his life. I'm putting absolutely no hope in that basket.

Comment

• Honestly I know football at the end of the day is just a game and whatever but dammit I was so disappointed during the season. When we lost against the Redskins I was so blue, after our horrible showdown against the Rams I couldn't even watch NFL network... I stopped reading the DMN blog after our loss against the Cardinals.. I didn't even watch the Bucs game because I knew I couldn't handle another loss! And I watched just 2 or 3 playoff games because I was tired of football!
        When the season started I had so many high expectations!
        So my philosophy for this upcoming season is "no expectations". I don't care if we don't have TO, I don't care if Austin, Hurd or Stanback are gonna step up. I'm not gonna be worried about anything. To me it's the only way to bring some fun back to football...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU

Comment

• Originally posted by MetSox17 View Post
          Stanback really blowing is of no surprise to me. Over the past few years, this FO has shown absolutely no consistency whatsoever in drafting in the mid-rounds. Chalk Stanback up as another wasted pick. There's really no way the guy gets a chance to do anything but return kicks, and on top of that, he can't stay healthy to save his life. I'm putting absolutely no hope in that basket.
          Well, I dunno that any team can show consistency making successful picks in the mid-late rounds. It's hit or miss even in the 1st round. Look at Bobby Carpenter and Anthony Spencer. Scrubs. I think if you can find 1 keeper from rounds 4-7, then that draft is good. 2 is great, 3 is friggen awesome and amazing!

So yeah, I think you're kind of overreacting a bit. I understand the frustration though. That '07 draft turned out to be crap... Even I was hopeful following that draft... I think I posted some nice things... turns out it was a complete failure. '08 was a redemption year of sorts... turning out to be one of the very best we've had. Hopefully, this year is another like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by crisco0710
            Yall know, yall are really depending on receivers who have done and showed absolutely nothing. The way yall talk about stanback, hurd, and austin would have me thinking they were already special players.
            Consider though that Roy is a straight swap for T.O(hopefully)
            Crayton was playing opposite T.O when we had our best offensive season in history...

And Austin, Hurd and Stanback are battling out for the #3 WR spot which is actually #4 in terms of recieving targets because of Jason Witten. It's definately not a position we absolutely MUST draft a player this year.

Oh and as for the 2007 draft. It's not totally awful. The fact that all but one of the players taken are still apart of the roster for depth purposes makes it better then a complete and utter failure.

Comment

• Edit: Just read the other thread. I was about 3 hours late :P.
              Last edited by Paul; 03-10-2009, 03:42 PM.

Comment

• He's a good player. Very good athlete. Has some ballhawking ability (4 INTs last year, I think). NOt great, but clearly the 2nd best safety we have on the roster. I would be very comfortable with he and Hamlin starting next year.

We still need to draft a safety, but it gives us some flexibility in that we don't have to draft any position in any particular area of the draft. We have several areas of need so we can just grab the BPA within one of those 4 or 5 areas of need.
                In war, you win or lose, live or die - and the difference is just an eyelash.

-Douglas MacArthur

Comment

• Not sure if any of you saw it...but there is a really good post in the forums about compensatory picks projections. I'd say he is pretty spot on...looks like we'll have a 5 and 6 or two 6ths.

Not great...but that will allow us to you our 4 picks in those rounds as ammo if we so choose to do. Remember we can't trade the actual compensation picks.

Comment

• The Cowboys should sign free agent CB Ken Lucas!

Panthers release starting CB Lucas in cap move
                    Print By MIKE CRANSTON, AP Sports Writer Mike Cranston, Ap Sports Writer The Carolina Panthers have released starting cornerback Ken Lucas in a move that clears about $2.3 million in salary-cap space. The Panthers had been trying to work out a trade for the veteran, but Lucas vetoed a deal to the Detroit Lions last month and the Panthers on Wednesday cut him loose after he struggled late last season.

The Panthers signed Lucas to a six-year, $36 million free-agent deal in 2005 and he started 49 of 50 games with 13 interceptions. But Lucas was burned on several occasions, and the Panthers appear poised to promote No. 3 cornerback Richard Marshall to the starting job opposite Chris Gamble.
                    Last edited by Harmonykor; 03-12-2009, 01:42 AM. Reason: changes

Comment

• Getting Lucas wouldn't be bad if he came extra cheap. He wouldn't be a bad experience guy to have as the 4th corner. I prefer getting someone much younger though. it would be nice to have a guy that can play decent in the Nickel if Newman goes down again. I have the utmost faith in Scandrick and Jenkins. Those guys will be something special for awhile. Maybe the Cowboys can get another Scandrick type find late in this draft.
                      "If you have one finger pointing at somebody, you have three pointing towards yourself."
                      ~Nigerian Proverb

Da riddum is too much for you.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0

Comment

• We have enough youth at corner imo...I want a grizzled vet that won't mind being a 4th corner in case an injury presents itself.

Comment

• The Jenkins and Scandrick era (well hopefully) is about to begin. You would think fans would be excited for it. Not wanting to bring in more veterans to impede their growth.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                          http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                          KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                            The Jenkins and Scandrick era (well hopefully) is about to begin. You would think fans would be excited for it. Not wanting to bring in more veterans to impede their growth.
                            I hope that isn't directed at me...and it was directed at the first time poster.

I'm hoping Chris McAlister is a post or pre draft acquistion....because Shawn Springs got picked up right away...something must be up.

Comment

• Originally posted by thule View Post
                              I hope that isn't directed at me...and it was directed at the first time poster.

I'm hoping Chris McAlister is a post or pre draft acquistion....because Shawn Springs got picked up right away...something must be up.
                              Not directed at you...but, there is no way McAllister would sign to be a 4th corner. No chance of that happening at all.

and Lucas would not be a 4th corner either to the poster above. He can still play. A 4th corner is pretty much just a special teams player. Lucas can still start in this league...he'll go to a team that will actually give him a chance to do so.
                              Last edited by M.O.T.H.; 03-13-2009, 12:02 AM.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
                              http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
                              KO KNOWS

Comment

• Originally posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
                                The Jenkins and Scandrick era (well hopefully) is about to begin. You would think fans would be excited for it. Not wanting to bring in more veterans to impede their growth.
                                That's about it for me. Lucas is a fine player and all, but you've got two young 2nd year players, coming off solid rookie campaigns, who have earned the chance for more time on the field. Guys who in all likelihood will be the future starting corners for this team. Bringing in guy like Lucas would only slow down there progress.

That said some depth would be nice. I'm not opposed to a guy in the 4th-6th range to come in, but as Thule said, a veteran would be ideal.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information